What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Team vs England

Chook Norris

First Grade
i don't know about you guys, but i actually like the selection of Leuluai at hooker and with Luke on the bench

It's a very attacking side. They've essentially picked a starting side with no props. At least not blokes who play prop at club level regularly. They've got five backrowers. And only one prop on the bench. Plus two of the leading try scorers on either side of the field, another who is in try scoring form on the other wing, arguably the most unpredictable five-eighth going around and an interchange hooker who can wreak havoc. I think they'll score plenty of points.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Good line up. And yeah Luke could do some real damage coming on at about the 20-25 min mark.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It appears the Kiwi's are going to adopt a game plan which will take the big Pommie pack out of the contest.

This game will be played wide of the ruck, and at a cracking pace. The poor old poms will be run ragged.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Game plan appears to be to wear England out and strike at the end, which is where most of the time that England fall apart.

My only issue is that they appear set for a wide running game, but if they focus that attack on the edges where Ellis and Burgess are defending, I cant see them having alot of luck, they are great edge defenders. I think Marshall is going to have to find ways of sucking Ellis and Burgess in to isolate the centres and wingers, but that's not easy to do with Ellis and Burgess and I dont have the greatest confidence that SKD and Sa'u can break a defence line on their own.

Playing arguably the best hooker in the game off the bench in place of a bloke who is normally a 7...What an absolute spastic. Luke is more then just an Impact player now, He can play 80 quality minutes giving it his all, When the hell will Stephen Kearney learn.

Springs

First Grade
Playing arguably the best hooker in the game off the bench in place of a bloke who is normally a 7...What an absolute spastic. Luke is more then just an Impact player now, He can play 80 quality minutes giving it his all, When the hell will Stephen Kearney learn.

I guess he learnt that Leuluai at 9 and Luke at 14 works when they won the World Cup...

Correct. He played 50 mins of the WC final but didn't start. I wouldn't worry what number he is wearing. Why do clun fans get all worked up about player from their club at rep level? I know RL is club-centric but FFS.

I guess he learnt that Leuluai at 9 and Luke at 14 works when they won the World Cup...

The World Cup was two years ago, Luke has evolved as a player, and He is one player who can play long minutes of the same quality, Australia would of evolved out of the experience of losing the world cup and they are gunna be more fired up again because the loss would of hurt them. Luke is a player you want on the field for as long as possible, Because he is dangerous from the 1st minute to the 80th.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
You can't compare Kearney's wealth of riches in the position with the lowly Rabbitohs. Yes Luke played well for 80 minutes most of the year, but then he had to.
With Leuluai and Fein as options Kearney can change the gameplan if it doesn't work quite easily, if the Rabbitohs actually had some halves to compliment Luke they may have done better this year :)

You can't compare Kearney's wealth of riches in the position with the lowly Rabbitohs. Yes Luke played well for 80 minutes most of the year, but then he had to.
With Leuluai and Fein as options Kearney can change the gameplan if it doesn't work quite easily, if the Rabbitohs actually had some halves to compliment Luke they may have done better this year :)

Leuluai as an option?, He is rubbish, and Fien is hardly a great halfback either!!!. Issac is more then just a good player now, You need your forwards rolling forward for the whole 80, Issac can play attack and defence, He made 40 tackles in the Anzac Test this year, and as i said he performs the same quality throughout the whole game.

Issac had a great 2010, One of the best players in the NRL this season, and I have no doubts he would of gone bloody close to taking out the Dally M if it wasn't for injury and suspension.

It was always Souths intention to play him as an 80 minute player this year regardless of what the halves did.

There is absolutely no reason in the world which would validate why he is playing off the bench. Issac is in a different class all together in comparison to Leuluai, yet Leuluai starts..Where is the logic in that?. He is one of two players who has a spot cemented along with Benji Marshall. They are the two premier players of the Kiwis and the core to build off in future years, Benji is just 25 and Issac is 23, It's gunna be the two players that will lead the way for the Kiwis in future years.

I just find it dumbfounding to be honest, Cannot believe Kearney's decision on this one... Forget Impact, Issac is an 80 minute player, He can turn on his impact game with a drop of a hat when playing the whole game, His ability to think on his feet and the ability to mix his game up is quality.

Latest posts