What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

did you hear Fleming have a tug over Lewis the other night?

I thought he only mentioned him after talking about Harwood, his favourite angry bowler being back - he mentioned Lewis as another one. Did he say anything else about him?

For all his Vic and AFL bias, I'd still rather listen to Fleming commentating than the 9 commentators crapping on.

lockyno1

Post Whore
This may have been mentioned, but...are you f**king high? You want these kids to learn to play swing (and, I assume, seam) bowling, but you don't think sending them to fking ENGLAND will achieve that? Have you ever actually watched a game of cricket in England?

It is not the only way to learn to play swing bowling. Playing the ball as late as humanly possible is the BEST way to playing the swinging ball, not playing County cricket in England.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He had a bit of luck early at Brisbane and Perth, he took his luck and batted well still not sure what we do with him. Nearly 36 how long has he got left???

This may seem weird but I would move him on, will be 37 by the next summer, won't be there in 2013. We need to prepare for 2013, not 2011.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It is not the only way to learn to play swing bowling. Playing the ball as late as humanly possible is the BEST way to playing the swinging ball, not playing County cricket in England.

But it is a damm good way yeah? Considering they use a different cherry over there, and conditions are usually overcast
You can educate players all you want in the nets on what to do, nothign beats the real deal. How do you leave a ball as late as possible againsat swing if you are aint playing in conditions suited to swing or against bowlers who cant swing it?

eg hoover or real cooky?

Last edited:
well that f**ked that record haha

still, i think Khawaja had a pretty impressive debut with the bat, he looks the goods, solid defence, great temprement, patient.

While his runs weren't anything to write home about, he at least looked like a test match batsman.

Smith I'm not sure about. I'd like to see him do well, but I'm not convinced he is test material yet.

Hughes I think is so out of form its not funny. As someone else said, if he wasn't Katich's replacement who else would be? Mike Hussey would be the only plausible alternative.

I actually thought Beer went ok. He was economical and created as many if not more half chances as anyone. I think he's worth a few more games to see how he goes - although I still wonder why he got a run ahead of O'Keefe, especially after the Aust A game.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Can the mod please tell me why my last post was deleted?

I got amessage about spot fixing allegation, yet no allegation was made against any person(s) or any game. A question was asked which questioned E D's logic.

Can the mod please tell me who to complain to about a moderator's unreasonable behaviour?

:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
But it is a damm good way yeah? Considering they use a different cherry over there, and conditions are usually overcast
You can educate players all you want in the nets on what to do, nothign beats the real deal. How do you leave a ball as late as possible if you are aint playing in conditions suited to swing or against bowlers who cant swing it?

eg hoover or real cooky?

All I said was playing County Cricket is not the ONLY way. I never said that I would prevent our players from doing it. That said you don't need to play County cricket to know how to play a swinging ball. It really is all about technique, you don't try and play a flashing cover drive in England, instead you guide it with soft hands through cover for 2 or 3 which is safer. Problem is all our top 6 are as dumb as bricks, so they probably need the practice.

Cooky MOTS tomorrow PB!:D

lockyno1

Post Whore
I actually thought Beer went ok. He was economical and created as many if not more half chances as anyone. I think he's worth a few more games to see how he goes - although I still wonder why he got a run ahead of O'Keefe, especially after the Aust A game.

Ashley Giles MkII...terrible defensive bowler who offered nothing, the figures tell the story, Swann is turning it square FFS!
:lol::lol:

Hussey should go only if they're looking to the future and will blood youngsters not like when they dumped Mark Waugh and replaced him with Darren Lehmann.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I have seriously never seen such a lack of comprehension of the English language by a forum moderator on any site before.

There was blatantly no allegation - and versions of the post were deleted several times for piss weak reasons. I'm sure its not because the post made E D look stupid that it is constantly deleted. I am sure he is a bigger man than that.

The Poms were found guilty, Trescothic admitted this in his book. How much more evidence do you need! Not as if we are making up the ball tampering in 2005!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Which is an event that has nothing to do with this match, we need to keep it on topic as much as humanly possible. There is a Members Pavilion for off topic things.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I am not discussing that. I am discussing an event at the '99 World Cup which Steve Waugh described as a 'tactic' in not making friends and comparing it to the event E D raised about NZ bowls....

However, because the comparison shows a massive hole in his logic, I wonder if that is a reason why he constantly deletes the post.

Somehow, he is using an excuse that there is a claim of spot fixing in my post - which there is clearly not.

Anyway - who is the big fish moderator to send complaints too. Surely, E D is not the big kahuna - it would have to be someone who has better comprehension of what is an allegation and what is not.

Send your grievances to Batman Returns :lol:

Latest posts