What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2010-2011

nibbs

Bench
as a loyal cavaliers fan i have turned my attention to the draft lottery in a couple of months time. always i say, we must believe

If the standings stay the same with the Knicks 2 1/2 games behind the Hawks to get to the ECF they will have to get through the Heat and Bulls on the road.

The Knicks could probably get past Orlando if they get above the Hawks but then they'd meet Boston on the road in the semi-finals.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Knicks can beat Heat and Orlando, Boston and Bulls probably not. But the old Knicks team had no chance of advancing past the first round. First round fodder, you're dreaming. Will be much more competitive then the Hawks thats for sure anyway.

And TT wow they lost to the Mavs on the road...in the 2nd of a back to back on the road...and third game in four night after winning 3......really bad huh.

lol they got swept by the Cavs and you're talking up a win over the Grizzlies and ofcourse losing to the Mavs on the road is really bad when they have to beat these teams to make the conference finals.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Lol they have to beat the Mavs to make the ECF? I don't think anyone in their right mind would count a road loss to the Mavs with the schedule they have had and a team still finding it's feet as 'really bad'. All I'm saying is that I feel come playoff time that this current Knicks team is going to be much more competitive and a tough out then the pre trade one. Went overboard saying they can make the ECF but I do honestly believe they will make it out of the first round. People have to remember that Billups hasn't been playing most of the time as well.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Werent you the one who came in here spouting off after 1 win?

:lol::lol: I'm not even a Knicks fan, I just believe they are a better team now and will be come playoffs time then the old lineup and most people seem to disagree. I just find it funny also that a road win over Memphis after a road win against the Hawks is 'nothing' but a loss to Dallas the next night also on the road is 'really bad'.

I guess it's easy to discount other teams even though they have really only played 8 games together and without one of their main pieces and are still over 500 for that stretch with a hectic schedule.

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
:lol::lol: I'm not even a Knicks fan, I just believe they are a better team now and will be come playoffs time then the old lineup and most people seem to disagree. I just find it funny also that a road win over Memphis after a road win against the Hawks is 'nothing' but a loss to Dallas the next night also on the road is 'really bad'.

Ehh none of it really matters, these games are all about working on chemistry leading up to the play offs.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Knicks can beat Heat and Orlando, Boston and Bulls probably not. But the old Knicks team had no chance of advancing past the first round. First round fodder, you're dreaming. Will be much more competitive then the Hawks thats for sure anyway.
Probably. Not sure why you had to bring the Hawks up, maybe to try and feel better about the Knicks, but whatever. I think you'll struggle to find an instance where I've said the Hawks would get out of the first round.

And I disagree that the Knicks can beat either the Heat or Orlando in a 7 game series. I would expect them to win 2 maybe even all 3 home games but I just don't see their defence as being good enough to stop those teams consistently.
Went overboard saying they can make the ECF but I do honestly believe they will make it out of the first round.
You're right, you did go overboard. I don't see them getting out of the first round as all top 4 teams in the EC are vastly superior - better defence, mostly as good offence (except the Bulls) and much better depth. They are first round fodder. As are the rest of the bottom 4 seeds in the EC.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Add Tyler Hansborough to the list of mediocre big men that have enjoyed career nights against the Knicks this year (Bargnani, Tyrus Thomas etc). At MSG as well. Tut-tut.

Ridders

Coach
Heat pumped the Spurs by 30 today, 110-80.

Perkins also made his debut for the Thunder with 6 points and 9 rebounds in 20 minutes. They beat the Wizards 116-89.

Ridders

Coach
Bynum's been beasting it in recent times.

In March (6 games), he's averaging 13 points, 14 rebounds, 2.5 blocks on 72 FG%.

If only he could stay healthy..

Pacers beat the Knicks again 119-117 lol Hansbrough back-to-back career highs against NYK this tine with 30 and Hibbert beasting with 15 pts 12 Rebs and 5 ast

if Bynum were fit he'd be close to the best centre I think he's definitely the most athletic. I hope his knee doesn't cut his career down but I'd still trade him for D12