What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Marauders Dungeon NRLCEO League Round 10

Big Sam

First Grade
Round 9 Review

Game One: Maniac Marauders 33 Random Suspects 44

The Marauders' underwhelming defence of their title continued with another loss, this time to the Suspects. Coach Ab was left frustrated prior to the game with the late withdrawal of captain Josh Dugan and the long term shoulder injury suffered by Beau Champion playing for City.

The Suspects can thank the Herculian performance of Cameron Smith for this win. Backing up from the previous evening's test, the former Lion bagged a workhorse try, 4 conversions, and a try assist. Young Kiwi Elijah Taylor provided the game's few highlights for the Marauders, scoring an impressive try.

Game Two: Bondi Beasts 36 Bulls 86

The invincible Bulls continued on their quest for NRLCEO immortality with a comprehensive victory over Bondi. A stellar performance from Man-of-the-Round James Maloney and a hattrick to David Mead ensured a big win. Those two were ably supported by Dean Young and Lewis Brown to give the Bulls the biggest score of the weekend.

For the Beasts, the Representative weekend cannot be used as an excuse by Coach Magic for his side's disappointing performance as both teams had 13 players start the game. Magic will be expecting much improved performances from the Beasts 'Big Two', Slater and Thurston, this week as they look to rebound.

Game Three: Los Bastardos 41 The Spare Bats 37

Los Bastardos continued their mixed recent form with a win over the Spare Bats in the tightest encounter of the weekend. The ever reliable Ben Hornby and Brett Morris led the way whilst Simon Mannering was also good, backing up from Friday night's test.

For the Bats, solid forwards efforts from Ballin and Hinchcilffe, and a double from Gerard Beale were not enough. The Bats are currently languishing in ninth position and need to turn their attacking form around quickly to make a run for the play-offs. One major concern for the Bats is the consistency of playmaker Scott Prince who has failed to fire this season.

Game Four: The Dribbling Pooches RLFC 49 Rhinos XIII 29

This middle of the table clash saw the Pooches grab a straightforward victory over the Rhinos, who would have been disappointed to not back up the previous week's big win.

The Pooches were again highly impressive, justifying their installation as outright 2nd favourites by numerous betting companies. A dazzling hattrick from Brett Stewart coupled with the leadership of young half Cherry-Evans made for an enjoyable Monday night for Coach Franko. The Rhinos will be glad to see the back of the Rep weekend, with numerous players missing and no real standouts in this encounter.

Game Five: Orange Alpacas 0 Lions RLFC 24

In what was undoubtedly one of the worst games in NRLCEO history, the Lions took 2 much needed points against a severely depleted Alpacas outfit. Both sides had only 3 players start between them, but it was the Lions who triumphed thanks to a solid effort from Captain-Kicker Corey Parker.

The result means that the Alpacas start the season at 0-9 and unless things improve dramatically, Griffo's men should start looking at travel brochures for the end of season trip quite soon.

Ladder After Round 9

1 BULLS 18, +208
2 SUSPECTS 14,+112
3 BEASTS 13, +149
4 POOCHES 12, +63
5 RHINOS 10, +13
6 BASTARDOS 9, -77
7 Lions 6, -74
8 Marauders 4, -68
9 Spare Bats 4, -113
10 Alpacas 0, -213

Round 10 Preview

Rhinos XIII (5th, 5-4) vs (8th, 2-7) Maniac Marauders

Is this the weekend where the Marauders will finally show that they are contenders rather than pretenders? Maybe. The very much have a side capable of knocking off the impressive Rhinos. Plenty of tries in their backline through Dugan and Uate along with the signing of veteran Luke Lewis will have Coach Ab hoping that a mid-season revival is on the cards. The Rhinos were ordinary last week, but so was everyone else impacted by the Reprsentative weekend. They welcome back the future NSW Origin halves pairing of Soward and Pearce and will be hoping for a quick return to the winners' circle.

Last Meeting: Marauders 48 Rhinos 69

Los Bastardos (6th, 4-1-5) vs (3rd, 6-1-2) Bondi Beasts

The first encounter between these two resulted in a rare draw and given recent form, another is not out of the question. Los Bastardos look to have the stronger overall side but don't possess the X-Factors that Bondi does in Slater and Thurston. The Beasts are coming off a diasappointing loss to the Bulls, while the understrength Bastardos just held on against the Bats. For Magic's men, a win here would represent a swift rebound to last week's setback. Los Bastardos will look to increase the gap with 7th position in the race to the play-offs.

Last Meeting: Beasts 58 Bastardos 58

Bulls (1st, 9-0) vs (4th, 6-3) The Dribbling Pooches RLFC

In undoubtedly the game of the round, Franko's Pooches will attempt to be the first side to beat the Bulls in 2011. On the face of it, their task appears mightily difficult, but there are some encouraging signs. Brett Stewart's return to form coupled with the high standard set by Benji Marshall in recent weeks should give their fans hope. But the big question remains; how do you stop the Bulls pack? Hilder and Bailey aside, all the Bulls forwards are walk-ups for NSW in Origin I, and it is on the foundations set by this fearsome pack that Tommo's men have started at 9-0. In what could very well be the game of the season, I'm tipping the Bulls to make it a perfect 10, but it won't be easy.

Last Meeting: Bulls 80 Pooches 59

Lions RLFC (7th, 3-6) vs (9th, 2-7) The Spare Bats

These two clubs have a lot in common. Amongst the preseason favourites for the title, they find themselves at the wrong end of the ladder nearing the season's halfway point. Both coaches have also had to deal with selection dilemas in the halves throughout the season, with Lions reject Scott Prince now on the outer at the Bats. All this makes for a fascinating encounter in which the victor will move one step closer to the Top 6. The Lions have been active in the Free Agent market over the last week acquiring amongst others Frank-Paul Nu'uausala to fill the gap left by Sam Burgess' season ending knee injury, whilst the Bats have injected some flair into their line-up with the arrival of Chris Sandow. Coach Monk will be hoping that his youthful and exciting backline can avenge Round 1's loss to Big Sam's boys.

Last Meeting: Lions 67 Spare Bats 65

random. Suspects (2nd, 7-2) vs (10th, 0-9) Orange Alpacas

Todd Carney will make his debut for the Alpacas in a very difficult encounter against the Random Suspects. Carney has a lot of pressure and unanswered questions surrounding him. How is he going to respond on the field after his ban? Can he help one of the worst teams statistically in NRLCEO history, a side that failed to score a single point last weekend, turn their season around? It's enough to put you back on the drink. For the Suspects, expect a lot of their attack to revolve around the brilliant Cameron Smith. Despite the arrival of Carney, the Suspects will win this comfortably.

Last Meeting: Alpacas 48 Suspects 54

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Good stuff Big Sam, nice and early in the week always makes for a good round of banter.

EDITED to add can coaches please make an effort to name their lineups and do a bit of commentary in this thread please...it's gone by the wayside a bit lately, and adds a bit of fun in for all.

Last edited:

Franko

Juniors
Oh crap i've got the Bulls this week with No Gasnier. I will be relying heavilly on Benji carving up a very under strentgh bunnies outfit!!!

Oh well if i'm going to be a threat i have to play the bench mark team.

Tom155

Coach
RD 10

Bulls Side To Take On Pooches
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Robertson
3. Jack Reed
4. Joel Thompson
5. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
6. Kris Keating
7. James Maloney (K)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah (C)
10. Kade Snowden
11. Matt Hilder
12. Chris Houston
13. Paul Gallen

14. Dean Young
15. Trent Waterhouse
16. Ashley Graham
17. David Mead

_Johnsy

Referee
Dexter sensationally predicted the first round draw. This round Dexter predicts a narrow three point victory to the Bastardos.

Los Bastardos side to take on the Beasts.

Bowen
Morris
Aubusson
Reddy
Gordon (Cpt/kick)
Anasta
Lui
Hannant
Jake Friend
Galloway
Proctor
Mannering
Bird

Fien, Blair, Hornby, Quinn

Monk

Referee
It has finally happened, after a big weekend on the Orange Juice Coach Monk has lost his mind and dropped Scott Prince and picked up halfback Chris Sandow. This continues Monks quest for excellence and his critics question whether having their 4th halfback in 5 weeks is any good for the Spare Bats team.

Monk has been often found passed out on the halfway line of Harbour Park after hours and the fans can
only sit and wonder how long Monk will remain coach for if the Spare Bats keep continuing their current performance.

Either way, Monk sure doesn't accept bad performances, so a number of transfers were made this past weekend.

IN: Chris Sandow, Terry Campese, Steve Naughton
OUT: Scott Prince, Danny Galea, Cory Norman

It has been well advertised that Coach Monk has been looking for a star 5/8 for his franchise after he had to watch Todd Carney (now playing for the win-less Alpacas) fall apart in front of his very eyes. And he sees Terry Campese as a viable replacement, as he comes back from injury in around 2 weeks hopefully.

Steve Naughton is a young winger who will play his first NRL game this weekend. Coach Monk has always been excited about blooding some young guys and if Naughton turns out half as well as Beale had the Spare Bats might be looking forward to a bright couple of weeks.

The team to take on the Lions is:
1. Gerard Beale
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
4. Josh Morris
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Wade Graham
7. Chris Sandow (C)(K)
8. Michael Weyman
9. Matt Ballin
10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Shaun Fensom
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Aaron Heremaia
15. Beau Scott
16. Steve Naughton
17. Blake Ayshford

abpanther

Staff member
THE MANIAC MARAUDERS

There hasn't been much to report on the Marauders recently as coach Abpanther was sent on an overseas holiday to try and help him recover from his medical issues and renew that renowned confidence and determination.

While away, his troops responded with two straight victories, placing the Marauders in a position to make a late season surge at the top 6.

However once again bad fortune struck the side, where they lost last weekend against the 2nd placed Suspects by 11 points, losing Beau Champion and captain Josh Dugan before each corresponding game.

"You know I've come back refreshed and ready to be a real leader, my top priority at the moment is to get this side into the finals, if we can do that and field a full strength side I have no doubt that we can compete with the top sides"

Josh Dugan returns this week along with the long awaited return of key backrower Luke Lewis, who coach Abpanther hopes can be the catalyst to a surge up the table.

Warriors backrower Elijah Taylor has been the find of the season and has been promoted into the starting side.

Team to take on the Rhinos:

1. Josh Dugan
2. Luke Burt (k)
3. Willie Tonga
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Kieran Foran
7. Luke Walsh
8. Jason King
9. Aaron Payne
10. James Tamou
11. Liam Fulton (c)
12. Ben Creagh
13. Elijah Taylor

BENCH
14. Luke Lewis
15. Nick Kenny
16. William Hopoate
17. Stuart Mills

Johns Magic

Referee
thumbnail.ashx
thumbnail.ashx

Bondi Beasts

Having been on the receiving end of a thrashing during the bye week, the Beasts were thankful to return to base camp on Monday night and regather as a full complement. Whilst heads were down among the playing group, they were told by the coach to use a bit of perspective, and not to take too much out of the result.

Instead, the side will look forward to their upcoming encounter against Los Bastardos. This rematch takes on added importance for the boys from Bondi, who are determined to take victory and prove themselves against the side who held them to an unsatisfying draw in the opening match of the season.

The Beasts will be looking to muscle up up front, a tough task with their crafty and only hooker Nathan Friend on the sideline.

Billy Slater again takes the captaincy for the Beasts.

Bondi Beasts Lineup For Round 10:

1. Billy Slater (c)
2. Matt Duffie
3. Steve Michaels
4. Steve Matai
5. Esi Tonga
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Johnathon Thurston (k)
8. Russell Packer
10. Tim Mannah
11. Chris Heighington
12. Ash Harrison
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ben Smith
15. Gavin Cooper
16. Brett Seymour
17. Kane Linnett

Coach: Johns Magic

Franko

Juniors
How the hell do i accept a trade. I have a trade request from the Bulls which i want to accept but in the trace area it only says edit the trade or create a new trade.

Can someone please explain?

Tom155

Coach
How the hell do i accept a trade. I have a trade request from the Bulls which i want to accept but in the trace area it only says edit the trade or create a new trade.

Can someone please explain?
i just clicked on the link in the email, logged in and it showed me the trade & gave me the option to accept.

all done

Franko

Juniors
RD 10

Bulls Side To Take On Pooches
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Robertson
3. Jack Reed
4. Joel Thompson
5. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
6. Kris Keating
7. James Maloney (K)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah (C)
10. Kade Snowden
11. Matt Hilder
12. Chris Houston
13. Paul Gallen

14. Dean Young
15. Trent Waterhouse
16. Ashley Graham
17. David Mead

The Pooches have been named against the Bench Mark Bulls. I see a late change from the Bulls with Locke coming in.

The Pooches are as follows:

1. Stewart
2. Merritt
3. Blair
4. Ferguson
5. McManus

6. Marshal (C)(K)
7. Evans

13. Thompson
12. B Harrison
11. Mateo
10. Dwyer
9. Tongue
8. Edwards

14. Symonds
15. Fifita
16. Simmons
17. Moltzen

The toughest test to date from the Prancing Pooches.

Pomeroy, Best, Big Dave Taylor and Faaoso miss out after been strongly considered.

Big Sam

First Grade
Sorry guys had internet issues this week. Will definitely have full match previews up before KO tonight.

Big Sam

First Grade
LIONS RLFC team to play Spare Bats:

1 Beau RYAN
2 Jason NIGHTINGALE
3 Jamal IDRIS
4 Timana TAHU
5 BJ LEILUA
6 Darren LOCKYER
7 Daniel MORTIMER
8 Sam THAIDAY (C)
9 Isaac LUKE
10 Luke DOUGLAS
11 Frank-Paul NU'UAUSALA
12 Corey PARKER (K)
13 Dallas JOHNSON

14 Paul AITON
15 Jesse BROMWICH
16 Travis BURNS
17 Shaune CORRIGAN

abpanther

Staff member
You know, sometimes it's just not your day.

Uate and Inu can't score a single point for me in todays game while Hohaia scores a double

*sigh*

Tom155

Coach
so how did everyone fare with origin selections? only missing gallen, snowden, young, merrin

benefited greatly from nsw selectors stupidity in leaving hayne & farah out

abpanther

Staff member
I've lost Dugan, Uate, Tonga, King (amazingly) and Creagh

BTW is anyone looking for a goal kicker? Now with Gordon gone for the season I have Penrith's goal kicker (Walsh) who only has 2 kicker points against his name, pretty nice bonus to have on your team, if interested please PM me.