What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 QLD Team

Sleep

Juniors
Still has it all over NSW in the right positions. There 1, 6, 7 & 9 are streets ahead.

NSW is blooding plenty of young guys and has a few others well out of form. QLD should still be too strong.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Still has it all over NSW in the right positions. There 1, 6, 7 & 9 are streets ahead.

NSW is blooding plenty of young guys and has a few others well out of form. QLD should still be too strong.

So what if there's a few young guys, if you're good enough you're old enough. Qld are favourites as they have been for years esp. with two games on their dung heap, but there's no "should be too strong" about it

SDM

First Grade
WTF is Parker doing there, he is my fantasy captain, and a bloke you can be sure wont be affected by rep duties.

Sleep

Juniors
So what if there's a few young guys, if you're good enough you're old enough. Qld are favourites as they have been for years esp. with two games on their dung heap, but there's no "should be too strong" about it

I'm not questioning their age. Just noting their inexperience which you can be sure will be sorely tested.

The QLD side is definitely stronger and they'll start as favourites rightfully.

Canard

Immortal
NRL loyalists are preferred over guys who left for other comps. He'll serve his time and be back next year. That's why Lillyman over Johnson, though Lillyman is playing prop these days, so really, it was Parker who got in ahead of Johnson.

Never been the case before though has it, Langer for example. I agree that Parker got the nod ahead of positionally, but I think he deserves it for his efforts of the last few seasons.

I think Lillyman is out of position at prop and certainly below Origin prop standard. Hes been unimpressive in the games Ive see him play (including one game live against Melbourne in a winning team)

Whereas as DJ has been a star(leading the NRL tackle count) in a well performing team this year (certianly far more consistent than the Warriors) . All good for Cowboys fans though, having a fully fit DJ not playing Origin is only going to help.

Weird that we only got 2 players in the 17, when in wooden spoon years gone by we have had 5 and 6.

Last edited:

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Never been the case before though has it, Langer for example. I agree that Parker got the nod ahead of positionally, but I think he deserves it for his efforts of the last few seasons.

I think Lillyman is out of position at prop and certainly below Origin prop standard. Hes been unimpressive in the games Ive see him play (including one game live against Melbourne in a winning team)

Whereas as DJ has been a star(leading the NRL tackle count) in a well performing team this year (certianly far more consistent than the Warriors) . All good for Cowboys fans though, having a fully fit DJ not playing Origin is only going to help.

Weird that we only got 2 players in the 17, when in wooden spoon years gone by we have had 5 and 6.

Times have changed. They wouldn't have picked Folau last year if Geoff Carr hadn't sent Livermore an email basically ordering them not to.

I agree that Johnson should be there, but not ahead of Parker, who has carried the Broncos pack almost single-handedly for two years now.

Canard

Immortal
Shit Decoy, Id forgot about Folau thats much worse than what DJ did, at least he was playing Rugby League. Folau was signed to AFL and still got picked. Im guessing he was not selected.

Agree on Parker but I would have had DJ in the 13 in the starting side

As said all good for the Cowboys to only have three this year.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Lillyman has been great for NZ since being moved into prop. You banjo pluckers are complaining about the Lillyman selection and want Dallas Johnson picked ahead of him? :lol:

A Corey Parker, Ashely Harrison, Dallas Johnson back row? Oh how I wish that was the team you rednecks went in with.

Canard

Immortal
From the games Ive seen he has been pretty mediocre at best. Bit undersized for mine. I haven't watch EVERY Warriors game however, only about 6 to date.

Anyone got his hitup stats and metres gained stats?

Id have Harrison or Parker, not both. And a geniune prop not Lillyman.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
From the games Ive seen he has been pretty mediocre at best. Bit undersized for mine. I haven't watch EVERY Warriors game however, only about 6 to date.

Lillyman is averaging less than 50 minutes and less than 85 metres per game atm. Not sure what Mal sees in him, but I'm happy to trust the big fella.

My bad, around 88 metres per game.

Link - http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/player/game-log?id=108449&name=jacob-lillyman&team=55003

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Lillyman is a freak in the gym. I can assure you he is not outmatched in the front row. I would be more worried about a fat out of shape slob like Ben Hannant.

user_nat

Coach

According to NRL.com:
Games - 8
Hitups - 83
Metres - 679
Tackles - 185

Going off stats like these Tolman is lightyears ahead of most, and he isn't even in the NSW team.

Also, for the "fat slob" mentioned above
Games - 7
Hitups - 96
Metres - 765
Tackles - 241
Heh..

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Lilyman is good. I dont have a problem with him. He is experienced and is a winner with QLD from past series

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Lillyman is a freak in the gym. I can assure you he is not outmatched in the front row. I would be more worried about a fat out of shape slob like Ben Hannant.

You mean the guy who is averaging 105 metres per game? The guy who has made more tackles than Lillyman in less games? Now why on Earth would we want him instead of Lills?