What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 QLD Team

DecoyRunner

Juniors
In my defensive the original posting pulled me up because it's roughly 85m not 88m. Don't know why he changed it.

I estimated 85 but double checked on the ol' calculator watch and came up with 88. Turns out I only counted nine games, not ten, which takes it down a notch.

EDIT: Damn you, I was right with 88. Went back and triple-checked and counted games wrong again lol. I give up now.

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I estimated 85 but double checked on the ol' calculator watch and came up with 88. Turns out I only counted nine games, not ten, which takes it down a notch.
It's right they fox sports is just terrible and I'm not thinking this morning. He's only played 9 games as well.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Still Hannant has served up he's two worst performances on the year back to back. In the test and against Penrith. The coach says he's not a hundred per cent and he hasn't looked it to my eye in both of those performances.

I have similar concerns over Matt Scott. Although he is the best prop in the world and these niggling injuries haven't stopped him so far.

Big Pete

Referee
I understand being concerned with his game against Penrith but he was beyond solid for the Aussies - especially in defence where he caused them a few head-aches.

Hannant has yet to really excel at rep. level and unless something drastic happens I can't see this year being any different.

hellteam

First Grade
Lillyman's fine. Would much rather Parker than Taylor though. Adds much more impact off the bench, which we may need without our strike centres

Iafeta

Referee
Lillyman ahead of DJ.

Ridiculous.

Idris not picked also...........

You are aware Lillyman is a prop these dasys, right? Johnson is a lock? I'd say Ashley Harrison is more in Johnson's way than Lillyman. Lillyman FTR thoroughly deserves his selection, very good at the wrestle at the ruck and getting some good go forward now that he's in the middle of the park, not the edges.

Iafeta

Referee
Never been the case before though has it, Langer for example. I agree that Parker got the nod ahead of positionally, but I think he deserves it for his efforts of the last few seasons.

I think Lillyman is out of position at prop and certainly below Origin prop standard. Hes been unimpressive in the games Ive see him play (including one game live against Melbourne in a winning team)

Whereas as DJ has been a star(leading the NRL tackle count) in a well performing team this year (certianly far more consistent than the Warriors) . All good for Cowboys fans though, having a fully fit DJ not playing Origin is only going to help.

Weird that we only got 2 players in the 17, when in wooden spoon years gone by we have had 5 and 6.

Lillyman as a backrower=no hoper. No pace, no ball skill, no ability to bust the line. Barely lucky to get into the Warriors 17.
Lillyman as a front rower=making a massive impact in the middle of the ruck.

I would hate to see Lillyman EVER go back to the backrow.

EEEVVVVEEERRRRR! He's so far not a backrower its not funny.

Dazzat

First Grade
I think this has to be said ... the Queensland selectors have performed like the Black Caviers of selectors for the past five-six seasons, compared to the donkey selectors of NSW. Love their work and even though I'm not happy with a couple of selections, I'm pumped! Love their work - Des Morris, Alan Smith and some other bloke ... can't remember.

Tipster

Bench
I think this has to be said ... the Queensland selectors have performed like the Black Caviers of selectors for the past five-six seasons, compared to the donkey selectors of NSW. Love their work and even though I'm not happy with a couple of selections, I'm pumped! Love their work - Des Morris, Alan Smith and some other bloke ... can't remember.

To be fair when you have Slater, Smith, Lockyer and Thurston occupying your key positions it's not really a hard job to select the team. That is a luxury the NSW selectors don't have.

Dazzat

First Grade
To be fair when you have Slater, Smith, Lockyer and Thurston occupying your key positions it's not really a hard job to select the team. That is a luxury the NSW selectors don't have.

They could have that luxury ... but they can't pick'n'stick. They could have gone with the Hayne, Mullen, Pearce, Ennis combination all last year, but instead chose two players - Kimmorley and Barrett - who they knew were on the way out. Now they are back to square one again.

When Queensland selected Smith, he was a nobody. He wasn't brilliant for a few games, but they persisted. NSW don't have that patience. They chose Mullen, didn't perform ... sack. They chose Wallace, didn't perform ... sack. They chose ... you get the message ... it's hard to play well with an axe swinging over your head.

Noa

First Grade
I love DJ but Harrison is a better 13 over-all and Johnson or Harrison on the bench is a massive waste, especailly Dj who offers minimal impact with the ball

Mr Fourex

Bench
They could have that luxury ... but they can't pick'n'stick. They could have gone with the Hayne, Mullen, Pearce, Ennis combination all last year, but instead chose two players - Kimmorley and Barrett - who they knew were on the way out. Now they are back to square one again.

When Queensland selected Smith, he was a nobody. He wasn't brilliant for a few games, but they persisted. NSW don't have that patience. They chose Mullen, didn't perform ... sack. They chose Wallace, didn't perform ... sack. They chose ... you get the message ... it's hard to play well with an axe swinging over your head.

Agree 100% with you. NSW head quarters has had to hire a guy full time for the maintenance required on the upkeep of the revolving door.

although

didn't Peter Wallace get injured? I don't think you could include him in that lot.

Then of course there was his subsequent loss of form afterwards ......... ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
Both Wallace and Mullen suffered injuries mid-series but were available for the second game if need be.

Both were dropped, Mullen for Kimmorley and Wallace for a 19 year old Pearce.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Lillyman as a backrower=no hoper. No pace, no ball skill, no ability to bust the line. Barely lucky to get into the Warriors 17.
Lillyman as a front rower=making a massive impact in the middle of the ruck.

I would hate to see Lillyman EVER go back to the backrow.

EEEVVVVEEERRRRR! He's so far not a backrower its not funny.

Funny how someone changes position at the Warriors, and no one from across the Tasman has a scooby doo how he's playing or what's going on.

I'll admit Lillyman was a surprise to me in the side but certainly on form he won't let them down at all.

Didgi

Funny how someone changes position at the Warriors, and no one from across the Tasman has a scooby doo how he's playing or what's going on.

:lol: Exactly right. He's been in good form, I think there's a quote from Mel somewhere saying it's not all loyalty, if you're in form you're a chance, whoever you are

Latest posts