What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst part of tonights telecast

The Red Afro

Juniors
Was loling my ass off when I saw it switch to SBW.

What gong thought it wise to parade his face around on Rugby Leagues biggest night?

Also yeah, the Lockyer voiceover while he was taking the field was bloody AWFUL. And the sappy piece about him growing up wasn't much better.

don't really like the donkeys/qld/locky at all, but I thought it was deserving that there was something about him, seeing as he has had a great career and is deserving.

if anything, people should be mad about $bw and our anthem being sung like a yank sports game.

Hallatia

Referee
I hope it's a sign he's coming back to league (hopefully to Parra ...)
I think he is a great player, would love to have him back in our game.

Usain Bolt

Bench
You dumb f**ks. Once I knew Crusaders were through to the final, I knew 9 would line him up to be on the broadcast somehow. RWC on 9 and not to mention his popularity amongst League fans. Ask any RL fan if they could sign SBW, would they? 99% would say yes

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Said this earlier. And I don't think it had anything to do with sucking up to him. They owe him nothing. Channel Nine has the broadcast rights to the Rugby World Cup, and they needed to link a rugby league game to rugby union and the RWC somehow. Hence SBW. Shameless but subtle plug for their own status as the "big event" broadcaster.

Springs

First Grade
You dumb f**ks. Once I knew Crusaders were through to the final, I knew 9 would line him up to be on the broadcast somehow. RWC on 9 and not to mention his popularity amongst League fans. Ask any RL fan if they could sign SBW, would they? 99% would say yes

Well, I'm in the 1% for a lot of other things too...

Mr Fourex

Bench
CH 9 NSW ruined what was one of the greatest SOO moments ever.

The rush to end the televised QLD celebrations stank of NSW sore losery

You f*cken merkins

The worst part of tonight's game,is that I'll have to wait 46 weeks until I get to see NSW's freckle kicked again.

I'll watch the replays and enjoy that until next year's Origin series comes around and NSW get their butts kicked afresh.

I nominate Ricky Stuart as the Perpetual Coach for NSW. :crazy:

shiznit

Coach
you motherf**kers should be honored to have an All Black grace your screens...

you all just watched the SBW show... with a half of football as a pre-SBW show and a 2nd half of football as a post-SBW show.

shiznit

Coach
Inglis played for Wests in Newcastle and Hunter Sports High as a 16yo, end of discussion.
630992-greg-inglis-maroons.jpg

end of discussion.

juro

Bench
Said this earlier. And I don't think it had anything to do with sucking up to him. They owe him nothing. Channel Nine has the broadcast rights to the Rugby World Cup, and they needed to link a rugby league game to rugby union and the RWC somehow. Hence SBW. Shameless but subtle plug for their own status as the "big event" broadcaster.
That was subtle???

Trying to cross-promote their rugby union world cup on their biggest rating night ever. Okay, could be a good idea...

Except most rugby league fans don't like union...

And even less rugby league fans like SBW...

No, I don't think I'll bother with the union WC.

axl rose

Bench
The rush to end the televised QLD celebrations stank of NSW sore losery

You f*cken merkins

Nope. After Benny Elias last game in 94 (and Meningas) they never even showed the presentation of the shield. Remember in cricket when Warnre was going for whatever wicket taking record and they cut to The Price is Right. They have a history of being 'f**ken merkins'.

Latest posts