What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Dwyer to retire??

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
dwyer hit Waerea-Hardman with the illegal tackle of the game last year...

Now, I understand that people who haven't played the game can have a good understanding of it, but this is (more) proof you have no idea.

Watch the replay. At full steam, Hargreaves DROPS HIS HEAD a bit coming into the point of impact, and at the exact same point in time Dwyer smacked the shoulder into a head that was dumb enough to drop into a one one one charge. He got ironed out in the best one on one since O'Meley gave it to Gibbs in 2006.

The call to pack the scrum was a joke - he dropped it cold as a spud.

Still, enjoy your delusion. We all know the real Grand Final of 2010 was the game 2 weeks later between the Dragons and the Tigers.

Then there was some kind of formality the week after. Something to do with a team that contains Smith as coach and Ryles as a front rower...

Here's hoping Dwyer regains health, then good form on the paddock.

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
Awful news if true. Tigers downplayed the rumour on NRL on Fox, which is hopeful

besthalfwitPUS is the scum of the earth

juanfarkall

Coach
He retired at the start of the year.

Terrible news if true. Here's hoping he gets his quality of life back before even worrying about anything to do with football.

Indeed. I would be more concerned about his ability to live a "normal" life in 10 or 20 years from now than a football career.

hutch

First Grade
I think it's pretty sick that some people are trying to crack jokes about the fact that a person might be severely injured or disabled for the rest of his life, or that his dreams may be shattered by injury even. Get a f#cken life!

All I can say is that I wish Simon Dwyer makes a full and speedy recovery. He is a talented player and it would be a shame if he can't play again but first and foremost I hope he regains full health.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
And who's the one on the brink of retirement now :lol:

All class as always :roll:

Absolute tragedy about Dwyer, had the potential to play origin in the next few years for sure, he was a super talent. I just hope post-football he can regain a good quality of life and he gets the use of his body back.

Bench
Don't count him out yet,he is a tough bugger and he loves his footy,he is a Wests junior who just wants to play for his club,lets hope he can.

Vic Mackey

Referee
'it's a shoulder, your fine to walk off'

'but I can't feel my arm or legs!'

'yep sounds like a shoulder, walk off and you'll be fine'

Hooch

Juniors
Did he tell the trainers he couldn't feel his legs and they still walked him off? ... faarrkk me ... you'd get better care in the local group comp...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
tell muzby and ronnie dobbs to learn class before I do

please detail for all of us reading here exactly what ronnie or i did wrong?

particularly keen to undestand how whatever we did wrong was worse than you laughing at a guy who is facing a lifetime if not having full use of one of his limbs...

i await your response..

**edit** and did i read correctly that you have sig-quoted yourself? wow..

Hooch

Juniors
Just put a sock in it, that bloke is your age and cant use his arm... try strapping yours behind your back for a day and see how much fun life is.

hugzy

Juniors
simon dwyer to retire?

but he played with so much fire!

it must give tigers fans such ire..

but alas, i guess he has no desire.

he played well in a match that went down to the wire.

lets hope it's not left wests in a quagmire.

but maybe he's staying, and the OP is just a liar?

bah, i'm done.. of this game i do tire..

LOL love it. so im not the only one whos young, dumb... and full of c___

bottle

Coach
Is anyone surprised at the halfwit's response? Low life scum and a Pus lover.
On Dwyer, poor bastard. Wish him well. Tough and all that, but it's a brutal game at times.

gronkathon

First Grade
As per his fathers Twitter account (link earlier)

Simon Dwyer currently at RNSH doing a nerve conduction test.
Just to make it clear Simon has no plans of retiring. RT to all.
#pauldwyer1

Last edited:

Latest posts