What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

caylo

Bench
Roberts? You're joking right? He is an NSW Cup player, and even more of an enigma than Sutton. I'm guessing you really don't know anything about Roberts. Have fun catching the ball when he throws them into the stands though. Sutton has his own problems, but he is better than Roberts.

I've seen a lot of Roberts and while Sutton is probably more evasive, Roberts passing and kicking game is superior IMO. I like Sutton don't get me wrong, I've watch a fair few souths games this year and when I have noticed that he tries to over play his hand in tight games and 9/10 times makes an error. Type of guy that when he gets it right look a million dollars but that sort of play is impossible to get right consistently. Roberts on the other hand has a great short and long kicking game, runs to the line well and distributes well. I have rarely seen him throw a ball into touch so I don't know where you got that.

BranVan3000

Coach
Hayne >> Wesser
Burt < Merritt
Loko? = Farrell
W. Tonga < Inglis
E. Tonga = McQueen
B. Roberts > Sutton
Sandow = Sandow
Mannah >> Stuart
Keating <<< Luke
Moimoi >>> Asotasi (even without injury. Stop living in 2005)
R. Maitua < S. Burgess (by next year Matuia could be even better though)
B. Smith << D. Taylor
Hindmarsh >>> Crocker (comparing these two is fairer because they play the same role irrespective of the numbers on their back. Burgess is a wide running backrower and hindy plays through the middle, dumb comparison.)

Bench:
Poore >>> McPherson
Shakelton > Pettybourne
OHanlan = Lowe
Allgood = Geddes

Like I said, your backline is slightly better and but the Eels own the Rabbitohs up front even with Asotasi and Burgess in the line up, Spine equal tbh. Problem with your analysis is that Asotasi, Burgess, Taylor and Crocker all missed large parts of the season and when souths got a consistent team on the field they caused havoc. Also the ee;s bench is so much better and we were not far off this year just losing to teams like Manly (scored try in last 3min), Melbourne (18-0 up), St George (draw) etc.
We weren't going any better last year, or early this year with them on the field. And while our perspectives on certain players may differ, I think you can agree the teams are largely as strong as eachother. Sandow has had a great team to work with, but he has been erratic at best for four years.

I hope he turns out good for you because its a big investment, but I think you can understand why I'm not exactly disappointed to see him go.

Personally I think you'll find yourselves very frustrated with Sandow at points next year

caylo

Bench
We weren't going any better last year, or early this year with them on the field. And while our perspectives on certain players may differ, I think you can agree the teams are largely as strong as eachother. Sandow has had a great team to work with, but he has been erratic at best for four years.

I hope he turns out good for you because its a big investment, but I think you can understand why I'm not exactly disappointed to see him go.

Personally I think you'll find yourselves very frustrated with Sandow at points next year

That I agree with and you would probably agree as well but I think its unfair to claim Sandow has been the problem for Souths erratic form. Like I said I've watch a fair few Souths game and even before we signed Sandow Thought in most game he got you back in the game for sutton to loss it. I think If Maguire was coaching the 2011 souths team you guys would probably be 4-6th rather then boarder line top 8 (9th now).

The thing is when Sandow made his debut it was just as good as T.Smith debut year and his kicking game is amazing. Now 3 years on he is playing more consistent football and will only get better, at his age look at JT, Prince and Cronk and see where they were. You may say that your not disappointed to lose him but im calling your bluff, without Sandow Souths will struggle IMO.

TheRam

Coach
Eels 12 vs. Souths 11 IMO

Hayne >> Wesser
Burt < Merritt
Loko? < Farrell
W. Tonga << Inglis
E. Tonga = McQueen
B. Roberts < Sutton
Sandow = Sandow
Mannah = Stuart
Keating <<< Luke
Moimoi > Asotasi (only due to injury frequency)
Hindmarsh < S. Burgess
B. Smith <<< D. Taylor
R. Maitua < Crocker

I'll swap you ET for McQueen anyday.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our defence is shit, but you're deluded if you think yours has been any better, or that Sandow will stop being a turn style when he gets to Parra. Frankly your team next year isn't going to be all that different to Souths at all. Maybe a bit less strike power

Our defence is as bad as yours but that's only because we lack speed out wide. That will change next year.

But the big difference between Souths and Parra is that we respect possession - we're so shit we have to. Whereas Souths can score enough points to win games with 47% possession, we can't, so we hang on to the ball a lot better.

Our team next year will have one of the best defences in the game - we already have a lot of good workers and strong defenders in the middle, and next year we'll have good defenders at wing and centre as well. Burt will be gone, our current centres will be back in the forwards, and our only weaknesses in the defensive line will be Sandow on the right and Loko on the left wing. And he's young enough to learn how to become a good defender.

As for our strike power, you're right we'll have less than Souths - it'll only be Hayne and Sandow, but I think they'll be enough.

If anythying, Souths strength - myriad attacking options - has been their weakness this year. Because a lot of those attacking stars are ordinary defenders. You need more Crocker and less Taylor, and I think Taylor's an awesome player.

EELICIT

Juniors
Hey Branvan our defence has been better and we are last check the stats! We have 526 points against and the rabbids have 562 against. Second point to that is that alot of your points came from sandow. So thanks again

natheel

Coach
I think morts should get a good shot at 6 next year with Chrissy at 7. I reckon he will go good with a good halfback there

Noise

Coach
I think morts should get a good shot at 6 next year with Chrissy at 7. I reckon he will go good with a good halfback there

mortz will be lucky to play one game in first grade next year - in parra colours neway

slammingsam

Juniors
HAVE FUN! :)

SOUTH Sydney bowed out of the finals race after halfback Chris Sandow mysteriously disappeared for 48 hours leading into the two most important games of the season.
As the Bunnies tried to ride a wave of momentum into the top eight, The Sunday Telegraph has learned Sandow went AWOL from training for two days.
Just over 24 hours after guiding the Rabbitohs to a golden-point win over North Queensland in round 24, South Sydney officials were unable to locate their halfback.
Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson has repeatedly denied there was an issue, but The Sunday Telegraph has been assured that not even his team-mates knew of Sandow's whereabouts.
The halfback eventually returned to training midway through the week, but it was hardly ideal preparation leading into their clash with the Broncos in Brisbane.
The Rabbitohs were beaten at Suncorp Stadium before being ambushed in a first-half onslaught by Newcastle last Friday night.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"I've got no comment to make about that. What I will say is that Chris Sandow is an inherently decent person. He wants to be loved and he's a loveable character," Richardson said.
"There's been times when he's had his ups and downs with the club - as most players do."
Signed with Parramatta for next season on a deal worth $2 million over four years, the latest development reinforces the job the Eels have to keep Sandow in check.
Questions continue to be raised about some of the company Sandow keeps outside of rugby league and his on-going gambling problems.
For all the instinct, individual brilliance and X-factor Sandow brings with the football in his hands, there is a fair degree of off-field baggage.
Last year, the Rabbitohs were forced to apologise to the publican at The Pavilion Hotel after Sandow became involved in a dispute with him while playing poker machines and threatened to return with a gun.
Despite his off-field shortcomings, there is something infectious about this typically cheeky halfback.
When The Sunday Telegraph approached Sandow last Wednesday about why he went missing, he was predictably jovial.
"I think I gave Richo a few grey hairs and I think I might have given Langy a few grey hairs, too," Sandow said. "But I love Souths and I'll always be happy for them giving me a go at trying to make the halfback spot my own.
"Up until they came along, no one else would give me a go."
Before cracking the big time with Souths in 2008, Sandow had his contract torn up by the Gold Coast for repeated off-field indiscretions.
His departure remains a sore point amongst the Rabbitohs faithful, but the club argues the money they saved allowed them to re-sign David Tyrell, Nathan Peats and Chris McQueen.
Despite South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe entering into a Twitter slanging match with the Eels over Sandow's signature back in May, the pair remain on good terms.
"Russell texts me every week wishing me good luck," Sandow said. "In my mind, when I signed with Parramatta I thought he was just going to brush me, but he hasn't.
"I don't know what happened with Souths, I'm not bagging them, but I would have loved to stay.
"That's the way things go. It's sad that I'm leaving, but it's a business these days and people have to make decisions."

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if sandow tries that with us he will be in the lower grades quicker than you can blink

That's right. This is a club that got rid of our two best outside backs in the off-season when we were low on depth and quality out wide. Because their attitudes weren't right.

Sandow will toe the line.

Latest posts