What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

Moffo

Referee
Is it any wonder when clubs (mine included) continue to hire former players in important front office roles?

Just because someone used a bank or worked as a teller you wouldn't hire them to run Westpac.

exactly right and totally correct. the NRL needs a serious boost of professionalism and to stop employing ex footy players with the IQ of a gnat

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
My opinion on Ozzie has changed a lot in the last year. But in the last few months iv been working with people who have worked with Ozzie in the past and he doesn't have the greatest reputation.

He has to go, but I suspect that the front runner for his replacement would be Tony Zappier.

Loudstrat

Coach
My opinion on Ozzie has changed a lot in the last year. But in the last few months iv been working with people who have worked with Ozzie in the past and he doesn't have the greatest reputation.

He has to go, but I suspect that the front runner for his replacement would be Tony Zappier.

F*ck. If that happens, after all that Zappia did at Cronulla, we may as well admit total defeat and follow Souffs. They cannot be that stupid surely!

ozjet1

Australian Rugby League needs a major shift in its business & cultural mindset. We have positions at football clubs with the title of CEO, but for the most part they're held by an old-guard of rugby league or people (such as coaches and ex-players) who have been associated with the game for years. They just move from club to club and dont bring any new ideas to the clubs and the sport to generate growth in revenue streams and brand awareness, but just facilitate the same shit and enjoy the perks being associated with the sport may bring.

Yet, when outsiders with proven success in the business world are brought in, they are constantly met with resistance to changing the systems and processes of how things are done. It's no different to the self-interested f**king merkin pleb in the office who whinges, moans and puts up resistance to any change of the status quo simply because they want to maintain the way things are done because it suits them personally. This makes difficult to innovate, adapt, and improve the business to keep up with the environment the organisation participates in.

Rugby League is it's own worst enemy. The bulk of people who have been in the system arent unlike that self-interested f**king merkin pleb who wants to maintain his little empire, just happy to plod along in their cushy gig, collect their pay cheque and do it all again the next day

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
Australian Rugby League needs a major shift in its business & cultural mindset. We have positions at football clubs with the title of CEO, but for the most part they're held by an old-guard of rugby league or people (such as coaches and ex-players) who have been associated with the game for years. They just move from club to club and dont bring any new ideas to the clubs and the sport to generate growth in revenue streams and brand awareness, but just facilitate the same shit and enjoy the perks being associated with the sport may bring.

Yet, when outsiders with proven success in the business world are brought in, they are constantly met with resistance to changing the systems and processes of how things are done. It's no different to the self-interested f**king merkin pleb in the office who whinges, moans and puts up resistance to any change of the status quo simply because they want to maintain the way things are done because it suits them personally. This makes difficult to innovate, adapt, and improve the business to keep up with the environment the organisation participates in.

Rugby League is it's own worst enemy. The bulk of people who have been in the system arent unlike that self-interested f**king merkin pleb who wants to maintain his little empire, just happy to plod along in their cushy gig, collect their pay cheque and do it all again the next day
Absolutely on the money mate. Well said.

Loudstrat

Coach
That said, Super League was a great example of what the sport looks like if it was wall to wall Economics grad bean counters with NFI about the code. For every Paul Osbourne there is a Mark Coyne. Just because they played league doesnt mean they are dumb.

Moffo

Referee
That said, Super League was a great example of what the sport looks like if it was wall to wall Economics grad bean counters with NFI about the code. For every Paul Osbourne there is a Mark Coyne. Just because they played league doesnt mean they are dumb.

way to miss the point dick cheese

for every good ex RL player who turns in to an administrator i could give you 10 shit ones

dick head

Moffo

Referee

correct, i have been tempted once or twice to make the switch from the business world in to sporting administration but no way would i do it if i had to deal with all the halfwits and dopey nongs that run most of the clubs

Slackboy72

Coach
correct, i have been tempted once or twice to make the switch from the business world in to sporting administration but no way would i do it if i had to deal with all the halfwits and dopey nongs that run most of the clubs

:crazy:

Alex28

Coach
The thing is Parramatta would think that $270K a year for a CEO is cheap compared to Fitzy! Rorting club funds is kinda par for the course isn't it? Ozzy chose the wrong investment though - don't Parramatta CEO's buy shares in poker machine companies and then give supply contracts to them?

spider

Coach
That would be akin to a chairman keeping someone on the books until all personal debts are resolved...

Loudstrat

Coach
Halfwits and dopey nongs are probably the only way you'd get a run in sporting administration.

Moffo in the business world :lol: I certainly hope you aint an investment advisor you tool!

Jubileeboy

First Grade

fell of chair.....:lol:

From - "Would you like fries with that?"
To - "How many doubles tickets did you want?'

Perth Red

Post Whore
ex policeman, ex pollie, bivle basher, hmm only ever going to end up one way! Either fraud or adultery, sounds like he may get the double!

$270k to run a $15mill a year business isn't bad pay, I am sure there is some quality GM out there looking to step up to a CEO position for that sort of pay.

Well there goes the Eels major sponsor, how long has the Pirtek deal got left to run I wonder?

Loudstrat

Coach
Another year apparently. They won't have problems finding a replacement. Maybe the corporate heavyweight Moffo might come onboard :lol: