What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

glockers

Juniors
I'd like to see Tiger05 sitting in a tinny in the middle of Mary River reeling in a huge barra, only to have a 2 metre plus croc jump out of the water and snap that fish in half right before your eyes.....and not piss your pants. That certainly makes a man out of anyone.

There are no crocs in the Mary. You have to go further north to find crocs.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd like to see Tiger05 sitting in a tinny in the middle of Mary River reeling in a huge barra, only to have a 2 metre plus croc jump out of the water and snap that fish in half right before your eyes.....and not piss your pants. That certainly makes a man out of anyone.

I'd bet the barra was a tadpole and the croc was a seagull. I'd also bet there were a lot of tears.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
lol, Moltzen will be lucky to be playing for tigers in 2013 anyway.

Which is probably the funniest thing out of this whole debacle. The guy will be playing for pocket change because no other club will want to sign him if he conducts business this way.

He better hope he has a blinder next season, or he's virtually destroyed his career outside of the tigers.

meltiger

First Grade
Yeah. His contractual status ext season has nothing to do with Doust's inability to cite a written release.

He would be off contract & this years events would be of zero relevance

Jud

Juniors
Which is probably the funniest thing out of this whole debacle. The guy will be playing for pocket change because no other club will want to sign him if he conducts business this way.

He better hope he has a blinder next season, or he's virtually destroyed his career outside of the tigers.

That won't make one bit of difference. You only have to look at the Carney situation to see that clubs will sign a player if they think they can get a benefit out of it.

Jud

Juniors
So the principle only matters if they have ability?? Makes perfect sense :crazy:

TYGA

Juniors
Moltzen showed his talent towards the end of last year taking time to get confidence back from the injury. If he was not a class player with upside would 100+ Dragons fans be posting on a Tigers forum?? Would the CEO make himself look like an amateur (doust). Cut the principal talk if he can play and show form he will be signed but the next CEO will make sure he does his job properly.

The Modern Dragons are the shortest Dynasty in History and showed their desperation here.

Father Ted

First Grade
In Moltzens case principal went out the window long ago. If Moltzen has a crap year and given what happened with us do you really believe clubs will be beating down the door for him. He would find a club but he'd and his class act of a manager would have to do all the looking and it would be for a lot less money than we offered. Timid Tim is now discounted goods.

TYGA

Juniors
In Moltzens case principal went out the window long ago. If Moltzen has a crap year and given what happened with us do you really believe clubs will be beating down the door for him. He would find a club but he'd and his class act of a manager would have to do all the looking and it would be for a lot less money than we offered. Timid Tim is now discounted goods.

You have your head in the sand if you believe that if he show form they will come knocking. Just like any other player. Steve Turner & Luke Lewis all signed and turned back you have a short memory.

Father Ted

First Grade
why I said if he has a crap year. But you guys keep him Please. comparing him to Luke Lewis you do have a sense of humor.

Jud

Juniors
So if you want us to keep him, have we just wasted 41 pages discussing it?

Face it, if Doust had done his job properly we wouldn't be having this conversation. Maybe you should be looking in your own backyard, you let the one man that got you a premiership walk away to another club, yet want to carry on about this "ordinary player" you don't want.

Ahhh, the baffling world of Dragons fans.

Fingerbang

Bench
Doust did what every other CEO would have done, and has always done, in the same situation. Not his fault Humphreys is a dog. Humphreys is the one who did what every other CEO wouldn't do.

Father Ted

First Grade
So if you want us to keep him, have we just wasted 41 pages discussing it?

Face it, if Doust had done his job properly we wouldn't be having this conversation. Maybe you should be looking in your own backyard, you let the one man that got you a premiership walk away to another club, yet want to carry on about this "ordinary player" you don't want.

Ahhh, the baffling world of Dragons fans.

I'm not baffled Moltzen gets confirmed as staying and in short order Lui confirmed as leaving No mystery with your CEO at all

Fordy20

Juniors
Doust did what every other CEO would have done, and has always done, in the same situation. Not his fault Humphreys is a dog. Humphreys is the one who did what every other CEO wouldn't do.

Garbage. Every other CEO would have done their homework. Every other CEO would have checked with the club a player was departing from first before announcing the signing of a player. Every other CEO would have double checked after an agent was caught out lying to them. Evey other CEO would have came to the negotiating table before then end of season. Every other CEO would have done better.

Dragons01

First Grade
Garbage. Every other CEO would have done their homework. Every other CEO would have checked with the club a player was departing from first before announcing the signing of a player. Every other CEO would have double checked after an agent was caught out lying to them. Evey other CEO would have came to the negotiating table before then end of season. Every other CEO would have done better.

What a crock. Tauber/Moltzen went to Saints and said that Moltzen was a free agent. Do you really believe that every time a club signs a player from another club they ring the CEO of that club before the player signs? Once Doust had Taubers word that was it. As for the announcing of the signed player it has been stated many times and backed up by Tim Sheens that Saints had made contact with the Tigers before the announcement, hence Humphreys statement about the timing of the announcement. Sheens then corrected Humphreys a few hours later by stating that everyone at the club knew of Moltzens planned (planned being the word) departure.

As for going to the negotiating table, after Humphreys sat on it for 3 months & even Moltzen himself saying 'I bawled like a baby after my last game as I thought it was my last time playing with the Tigers'. So even in September Moltzen still had not been told by Humphreys that he was not released. It was Doust that referred it to the NRL to be sorted after he was getting nowhere with Humphreys, if Humphreys wanted it settled earlier he would of 1: done something about it before the end of the season and 2: referred it to the NRL himself so it could be sorted.

You can try to justify your clubs actions all you want but everyone knows that in this instance the Tigers have done the wrong thing and that includes those in the media who are normally all over the Tigers with positive feel good stories.

It's done and dusted now, time will tell which side Saints or Tigers comes out of this the winner.

Last edited: