What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referree whinging

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Archer to Reed: "Too late, I've already made the call."

Bulldogs score.

Great ref is that Archer, he acknowledges when he's made an error.

How about the one where Ennis comes up and attempts to slow the game down. Archer in a terrible tone says "GO" and the player with ball goes to tap it. He stops him then says "NO... GO." at Ennis again. The tap is attempted again and stopped. And then finally he said something like .. "OK.. GO."

Dumb tosser... Using a single word for 'play on' as a dumbass get lost to another player... And they wonder why they don't have any respect currently?

gUt

Coach
Yeah, he was great. Made a couple of bad calls against Bulldogs, but we'll take the win. 11 wins in a row now I think? Even after being down 14 nil too.... must have all been the refs fault.

I'll admit he was occasionally compelled to grudgingly enforce the rules against the Dogs today in between inventing reasons to give the them possession, penalties and tries.

In all seriousness, the dross the refs served up against the Broncos was nothing but a product of Des's shrewd whinging in the media about how hard done by the Dogs have been during their huge winning streak.

p.s. we weren't good enough today and we'll fade out of this comp if we haven't already. Mark my words though, eventually the piss poor refereeing that affects most teams in this comp will bite the Dogs on the bum and cost them a game. Hope it's not in the GF.

Wizardman

First Grade
Geez, there are some hard core idiots who post here.

Let me spell it out to you. REFEREES ARE HUMAN, HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES!!!!

Stinkler, Im sure you make mistakes every day. You would have made mistakes like turning on your computer to type your dribble, putting your pecker in an incorrect hole and breathing. Your mistakes will not affect your relationship with your pet or your workplace.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
We buy our coaches from Manly by offering them more money. Bye!

:nwave:
You can have him... Fits right in over there. I'm happy with our new coach.

My question wasn't a piss take at your spelling. I was actually curious which one...

Ennis often gets told 'bye'.... You have won a premiership in 95 that had to have had a buy for one official... And perhaps you may get by this year without winning a penalty count.

Grapple

Bench
I'll admit he was occasionally compelled to grudgingly enforce the rules against the Dogs today in between inventing reasons to give the them possession, penalties and tries.

In all seriousness, the dross the refs served up against the Broncos was nothing but a product of Des's shrewd whinging in the media about how hard done by the Dogs have been during their huge winning streak.

p.s. we weren't good enough today and we'll fade out of this comp if we haven't already. Mark my words though, eventually the piss poor refereeing that affects most teams in this comp will bite the Dogs on the bum and cost them a game. Hope it's not in the GF.

It's incredible how they switched from letting you guys come out firing, and then just like that - nothing went your way in the second half!

It's not for me to talk about Des, we just take this one game at a time and concentrate on that... but nobody's even mentioning the winning streak at Canterbury, I don't think we even noticed until this afternoon?

Grapple

Bench
You can have him... Fits right in over there. I'm happy with our new coach.

My question wasn't a piss take at your spelling. I was actually curious which one...

Ennis often gets told 'bye'.... You have won a premiership in 95 that had to have had a buy for one official... And perhaps you may get by this year without winning a penalty count.

You'd take him back in a heartbeat and you know it. :lol:

Wizardman

First Grade
How about the one where Ennis comes up and attempts to slow the game down. Archer in a terrible tone says "GO" and the player with ball goes to tap it. He stops him then says "NO... GO." at Ennis again. The tap is attempted again and stopped. And then finally he said something like .. "OK.. GO."

Dumb tosser... Using a single word for 'play on' as a dumbass get lost to another player... And they wonder why they don't have any respect currently?

OOHH.... that mean ref was bad to Ennis...lets have a cry.

The refs are not there to pander the players. There are there to control a rugby league game.

gUt

Coach
f**king refs aren't there to "control" a game of RL. They think they are, and that's the problem. The players are meant to control the game, the refs are there to officiate.

Wizardman

First Grade
f**king refs aren't there to "control" a game of RL. They think they are, and that's the problem. The players are meant to control the game, the refs are there to officiate.

Which they do very well most times. They make mistakes, but they don't cost games or seasons many times at all.

By taking control of a game, they are enforcing the rules.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
OOHH.... that mean ref was bad to Ennis...lets have a cry.

The refs are not there to pander the players. There are there to control a rugby league game.
hahaha.. As if I care if Ennis is told to piss off. The issue is he wasn't bright enough to figure out that telling one player something may be misunderstood by another with his back to him.

Seriously.. Are you really Bill? I honestly wish somebody would make you a set of f*cking concrete boots. If you are not Bill, stick your stupid idea up your cracker. The coaches and players aren't allowed to comment, but we sure are.

gUt

Coach
f**king hell the refs have directly cost the Sharks 3 games at least this season. They are untouchable.

Wizardman

First Grade
hahaha.. As if I care if Ennis is told to piss off. The issue is he wasn't bright enough to figure out that telling one player something may be misunderstood by another with his back to him.

Seriously.. Are you really Bill? I honestly wish somebody would make you a set of f*cking concrete boots. If you are not Bill, stick your stupid idea up your cracker. The coaches and players aren't allowed to comment, but we sure are.

I wish god could have made you a working brain...you obviously didn't get a quality brain when god was handing them out. You should be pissed with your mother about making such a stuff up like yourself.

Archer can ref however the hell he likes. The better team won today.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
One of the problems is the type of personality of the refs.

Players generally respect Archer than any other ref in the game, and I think that says something. At least he's straight up when he's made a bad call.
The rest of them have no balls at all and/or get on a power trip and treat the players like kids....

"If you talk like that to me again, you'll be penalised". That's because they don't respect you, mate. :lol:

Agree with some. I think its Suttor who is the worst.

Big Pete

Referee
Archer is disgraceful, I don't say that for yesterday, I say it for all the inconsistent bull-s**t innovations he introduces & I believe he sounds fairly high strung and the way he addresses players is unprofessional.

He isn't as bad as Suttor who is ridiculous and just about acts very disrespectfully towards the players but the guy is plain average.

Refs. haven't cost a team a game all season. Last time I saw a ref. cost a team a game was in 09 in the Dragons/Dogs game. It's the only time.

sretsoor

Juniors
The fact that refs have pre game 'cheat sheets' highlighting what to look for, which players to keep an eye on means they do not walk out on to the filed impartial and ready to adjudicate the game as it plays out. That and 2 refs makes it a farce.

Latest posts