What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referree whinging

Wizardman

First Grade
The poms have a bad reputation for whinging, but some league fans are awful whingers.
Refs make mistakes....no doubt about that, But, in all honesty, I have only seen ONE game where the better side lost a game this season due to a refereeing error. The Wests v Cronulla round one game is the only match this season where I felt the (slightly) better team got robbed due to a referee error.

M2D2

Bench
The poms have a bad reputation for whinging, but some league fans are awful whingers.
Refs make mistakes....no doubt about that, But, in all honesty, I have only seen ONE game where the better side lost a game this season due to a refereeing error. The Wests v Cronulla round one game is the only match this season where I felt the (slightly) better team got robbed due to a referee error.
Tigers V Cronulla.
Cronulla V Panthers.
Theres two just to start you off.
The standard of refereeing is horrendous and has gotten worse.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

Let me guess: you're a Cronulla fan.

Grapple

Bench
Refs are great if you're a Dogs fan. We get buy, with a little help, from our friends. :lol:

eozsmiles

Bench
Tigers missed 16 tackles in the first half last night. The refs didn't make that many mistakes in the whole game.

JoeD

First Grade
Hopefully the refs are another 'team' that will benefit from the new TV deal. They need 20 first grade quality refs earning a minimum $150k. Refereeing will not improve until it is seen as a legitimate career choice for top applicants. As of right now only masochists apply.

Wizardman

First Grade
Panthers received some pretty dud calls as well in the cronulla v panthers game. Despite that dud kick-off call, Cronulla can only blame themselves that game. You could not possibly say that Cronulla were the superior side.
Mistakes happen, Panthers just edged them out that game.

Frailty

First Grade
Panthers received some pretty dud calls as well in the cronulla v panthers game. Despite that dud kick-off call, Cronulla can only blame themselves that game. You could not possibly say that Cronulla were the superior side.
Mistakes happen, Panthers just edged them out that game.

Despite the player being offside from the kick off, then the panthers player offside at the charge down which would have seen a penalty to the sharks in golden point, you may have had a point.

Wizardman

First Grade
The best sides overcome bad calls. The best sides make it high up the ladder come September. Referee calls will not ruin a season for any side in the comp.

Wizardman

First Grade
Despite the player being offside from the kick off, then the panthers player offside at the charge down which would have seen a penalty to the sharks in golden point, you may have had a point.

Cronulla have recieved a lot of bad calls for years. This year, they are doing a great job of not letting it ruin their overall form. Round one, they were purely robbed because a million tigers were offside when carney went for the field goal. No argument from me.

That panther game had both teams copping crap calls. Teams were pretty even as far as Im concerned.

Grapple

Bench
One of the problems is the type of personality of the refs.

Players generally respect Archer than any other ref in the game, and I think that says something. At least he's straight up when he's made a bad call.
The rest of them have no balls at all and/or get on a power trip and treat the players like kids....

"If you talk like that to me again, you'll be penalised". That's because they don't respect you, mate. :lol:

Maybe it's experience they're lacking but it usually leads to calls made on the emotion of the crowd or the way the game is turning - because they're not confident in there own ability. That's pretty much what pisses most fans.

gUt

Coach
Archer to Reed: "Too late, I've already made the call."

Bulldogs score.

Great ref is that Archer, he acknowledges when he's made an error.

Grapple

Bench
Yeah, he was great. Made a couple of bad calls against Bulldogs, but we'll take the win. 11 wins in a row now I think? Even after being down 14 nil too.... must have all been the refs fault.

Latest posts