What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

MattYg1

Bench
It is by far the best RL game made, and I have owned every one at some stage (RL2 was the one I played the most back in the day)

In regards to 2k2's issues, it appears you may be on your own here. All of those issues you have said I have not experienced, and from the sounds of it not many others have the same issue, or at least not to the same level as you. Perhaps your game disc is corrupt causing these issues? Ask for a replacement disc to see if it works..

I have had the token forward pass not ruled a forward, so how is this different to the real world?

If you dont like it 2k2, fair enough just stop replying in this thread and play something else

I think its fair if he continues replying in this thread, it is by far the best league game to date and i am having so much fun with it but its not beyond criticism and it does have minor and major faults that need to be called out.

Granted I havent had the same issues 2k2 has described but a lot of people on the Sidhe forums are reporting similar issues. So it might be disc corruption, it might be overplaying it or it might be playing in a way its not supposed to be.

But its like Donkey woman or Cougar man in Red Dead REdemption... didnt happen to everybody but they were there! (i wish they happened to me)

Blaze

Juniors
Picked up a copy of this yesterday. It goes without saying that it is a massive improvement on Rugby League Live 1. I think Big Ant are definitely on the right track with this one.

I started off playing end to end but quickly switched to side view and enjoyed the game a lot more. I was surprised by this as I have always been a big end to end player.

I have been a little disappointed by the various reports on some of the deficiencies of franchise mode. I really hope the game is patched to fix some of the more glaring issues. The game deserves to be refined IMO

MattYg1

Bench
Picked up a copy of this yesterday. It goes without saying that it is a massive improvement on Rugby League Live 1. I think Big Ant are definitely on the right track with this one.

I started off playing end to end but quickly switched to side view and enjoyed the game a lot more. I was surprised by this as I have always been a big end to end player.

I have been a little disappointed by the various reports on some of the deficiencies of franchise mode. I really hope the game is patched to fix some of the more glaring issues. The game deserves to be refined IMO

I wouldnt be holding my breath on a patch... the cost and procedure for patching especially on 360 would rule that out for now at least... What I hope is that the game does get released on PC, then we will see patches and mods galour...

eels47

Juniors
Been reading some of the posts and while I can understand the frustrations, overall I am finding it to be a pretty fun game. As has been said I think the key might be to play a few games and then move on and come back to it.

I have started career mode at Pro level I think and am getting used to it after getting pumped in the all stars match and trials.

Played a few online ranked games and that is where the enjoyment is, except for one glitch where I was playing the warriors and I knocked on and they ran length of field with only one of my players chasing. They then couldn't score a try and if I tackeld them they just got up and kept running. Still only one player from each team on screen and I eventually tackled them over my dead ball line and next thing you know they had a drop out at the other end of the field....

Will keep plugging away over weekend in career and see how i improve.

Definitely best league game to date.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yeah his played it. We had a cracker of a game yesterday.

You guys are right, you can't play more than a few games back to back.. It's a good game, but several elements really stop this from being a great game.

I think I've played approx 50 games on this.

The issues I mentioned don't happen every tackle but at least once a game something unexpected occurs lol.

Honestly I'm glad so many people like this.. I won't return it, as I know how much money was invested by the stakeholders for this game and they really need this to be successful.

perverse

Referee
People saying it is the best league game ever - can you confirm how much ARL 96 on PC you played?

I don't think any comparison to ARL96 or Jonah Lomu Rugby are particularly fair. RLL2 would have to best my nostalgia, too. The gameplay experiences are also so many miles apart... I wouldn't know where to begin. I can definitively say its the best since Rugby League 1. Wouldn't go further than that, but if you're on the fence on whether to buy - I say do it. There's a lot of enjoyment to be had here.

[furrycat]

Coach
Only reason I say its better than ARL 96 is its a bit more depth (as expected) in terms of the actual game play. Its not just spreading it wide back and forth or doing the same thing to score.

perverse

Referee
I'd definitely agree with that, furry. Deepest league gameplay to date. So much improvement to be made, but it is undoubtedly the second step towards a genuinely excellent league game (the first being sidhes initial outing, they got the ball rolling again.)

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
This game has layers...it will take a few weeks to truly appreciate all the little aspects of the game.

Played a great game last night...so life like. Playing the Roosters at Shark Park I made an early mistake that allowed them to bomb me...try 1. At about the 30 minute mark the roosters again scored off a bomb. With 2 minutes before halftime they pot a field goal to go in 0-13.
Stats were almost identical, completed sets, missed tackles, time in possession.... my only down fall was the inability to defuse bombs.

Second half starts & a left side charge has Besty in for a try...6-13.
A stolen ball has Jeremy Smith in for a try...10-13
Another left side attack has Gardner in the corner....14-13

And this is where it gets scary real.....with 3 minutes to go, the sharks stuff up & let the roosters score...final result 14-19.

The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up...<twilight zone music>

Anyway...looking at the stats they were still almost identical. This is on veteran level.
20 minute game....pretty much matched any weekend game.

MattYg1

Bench
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
Honestly I'm glad so many people like this.. I won't return it, as I know how much money was invested by the stakeholders for this game and they really need this to be successful.

This is what I was saying yesterday, it makes me happy too because unlike RLL1 where it was a resounding rejection of the game immediatly this one despite its flaws still seems to be keeping people happy and suggesting it to others.

So this will be a hell positive step fowared for Rugby league gaming and that big picture view of things is great.

Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
I haven't got it And I'm not sure I will, probably not tbh. Tossing up between RLL2 & 2K13.

Hmmm its a toss up, I mean you know 100% what game holds the trump card regarding quality. I rushed out and got 2k on release and the only thing I find now is that I should have stuck to my original convictions and had a year off because as great as it is I think i need a break.

By the way I have a feeling you will not be a fan of the Virtual Currency and My Player Account sign up sh!t they seem to have added this year...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I haven't got it And I'm not sure I will, probably not tbh. Tossing up between RLL2 & 2K13.

Not me bro lol

Like it's even a toss-up... I had to get 2k13 to forget the abortion that was 2k12... Corrupted save games, shit online, random freezes... 2K13 is amazing though, even if you can play as Bieber.

Someone

Bench
my experience thus far (picked it up today, playing it all afternoon) is the complete inverse of canberra's, really. I've found the game only punishes me with forward passes when I generally deserve it, ditto intercepts. you throw it around like a hot potato and you generally get what you deserve.

pretty impressed with the overall experience. it's by far the best league game to date (since Sidhe's Rugby League 1 was released, anyway), and if you got any enjoyment out of any previous league game I think there is a shitload of fun to be had here. haven't really mastered kicking yet, but chaining passes together and earning line breaks is becoming somewhat routine. banging it up through the forwards makes a big difference. getting better at finding my playmakers when I need them, too.

the game isn't without it's flaws (like any League game). I've seen the odd rule anomaly and whatnot. nothing that myself and my mate didn't just laugh off and continue enjoying the game with, though.

Agreed. When you throw intercepts you feel like you deserve it in this game rather than RLL1 when every cutout ball was a intercept.

the gameplay for mine is brilliant. smooth, fairly realistic with some errors. At the end of the day its just a game, rugby league isnt a perfect game and i wouldnt expect a perfect video game to represent it.

My only issue is franchise mode is a little disappointing the way its set out, i dont like the fact you can only recuit players at end of season. Id prefer a Rugby League 2 type of recuit and resign system.

redvscotty

First Grade
Agreed. When you throw intercepts you feel like you deserve it in this game rather than RLL1 when every cutout ball was a intercept.

the gameplay for mine is brilliant. smooth, fairly realistic with some errors. At the end of the day its just a game, rugby league isnt a perfect game and i wouldnt expect a perfect video game to represent it.

My only issue is franchise mode is a little disappointing the way its set out, i dont like the fact you can only recuit players at end of season. Id prefer a Rugby League 2 type of recuit and resign system.

If only it were like real life and you could sign players 4 years in advance.

Patorick

Staff member
Probably a stupid question: but is there a way to get around only being able to set up 16 customized teams.

Like, can you set up another user account and save the different teams to different areas. Or something of that nature.

Really keen to customize all of the teams, not just 16.

Latest posts