What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone upset that we lost Norman?

jakepearce94

Juniors
If we did the same with Gagai we wouldn't need to be shopping for a fullback
we need bennett and bruno back, fullstop. bennett would have got gagai into gear at the broncos, like he's done at the knights.

He almost cost us in defense with a sloppy attempt at a mark and knocked on but then slips through the cracks and scores our game winning try.
QUOTE]
a mark? this isn't afl mate

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
we need bennett and bruno back, fullstop. bennett would have got gagai into gear at the broncos, like he's done at the knights.

He almost cost us in defense with a sloppy attempt at a mark and knocked on but then slips through the cracks and scores our game winning try.
QUOTE]
a mark? this isn't afl mate

"Marked in goal".

How long have you been watching Rugby League.

AceAv

Juniors
I agree about Bennett too. Watched the knights game on Monday and looking forward to seeing them vs manly too.

Had the thread all planned out in my head pending a loss vs dragons. "Time to blame The coach"
I just can't believe he booted gagai out, rather than just punish him with more qld cup, or other options for discipline. Gagai has come a phenomenal way and you look at the players that are coached under someone like Bennett -he just brings the absolute best out of them and their natural game. -not to mention scout out the perfect buys to grow the team and have every player in the NRL want to play under him...

I'm happy to persevere with Griffin. But where is the next great coach going to come from? Lockyer? Civo? It seems like it will be years and years until we get a coach that can do what Bennett does and when we do: I will be much more confident we can become what we were in the 90s

Pierced Soul

First Grade
coaches like bennett don't come around that often. look at other long serving coaches like brian smith and tim sheens, they dont have the same respect from players that bennett has. doesnt mean you need bennett to build a good team - look at craig bellamy and des hasler.

there's obviously more to the gagai incident then him sleeping in. we dont know what his attitude was like. yes he's doing well now, but sometimes getting booted out of somehere will make you learn.

talent isnt everything look at arana tamata or whatever his name is. was sacked from 6 or 7 clubs (including ours). apaprently had tonnes of talent, but was a dickhead away from the field

Jason Simmons

Juniors
The player drain continues...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...nco-corey-norman/story-e6frep5x-1226605413550

So who does Hook put his faith in now? Luke Capewell?

Word going around is Ben Hunt will sign with another club too. Still, that'll be a perfect opportunity for Hook to add more slow, second-rate second-rowers to the team.

Maybe we can put David Stagg at fullback and Dunamis Lui as interchange hooker?

New team as follows:

1. David Stagg.
2. Josh Hoffman.
3. Justin Hodges.
4. Jack Reed.
5. Lachlan Maranta.
6. Scott Prince.
7. Peter Wallace.
8. Josh McGuire.
9. Andrew McCullough.
10. Sam Thaiday.
11. Matt Gillett.
12. Alex Glenn.
13. Corey Parker.

Reserves:
14. Dunamis Lui.
15. Scott Anderson.
16. Mitchell Dodds.
17. David Hala.

Should be an awesome creative attacking team right there...

:lol:

Reidy87

Juniors
Norman must be dropped. Not out of spite (hell I'd take the money too) but because we need to develop players who will be with us for some time.

We need to put Ben Hunt in the halves and save some of our youth. Plus two big signings of fast, skilful backs (Dugan for this year and then Will Hopoate for next??). Surely we must have the money.

If Hook doesn't go into self-preservation "win at all costs" mode he better start looking for a janitor position somewhere.

natheel

Coach
It's always hard to lose some young prospects. He's only 21 and could be a bad signing but also could be a good one. Different figure being thrown around so obviously no way to tell what he is on. But no doubt we paid overs (we have to at this time)

As an eels fan I'm excited atthe prospect of having a young halves pairing for a good number of years in sandow and Norman. Sandow early on seems to have really come along under Ricky and hopefully Norman can too. Hopefully the money we paid will be justified later on

Can we have Gillett too? ;)

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Norman should have been kept and Wallace + Hunt punted. But we did the opposite. eh?

Agree there, but would you have forked out that much for Norman?

Actually a bit disappointed in Norman, Hook has showed great faith in him and given him good opportunities. It's a bit sad that Norman wasn't willing to repay the faith and perhaps earn his big pay day down the track.

I guess it says something about wanting to play for the Broncos right now... If there is better money somewhere else there is no obvious other reason to stay as there are no real prospects for a premiership any time soon.

To me this just highlights how Hook's master plan has gone all wrong. He ignored signing marquee players banking on the fact that our future lay in the players coming through the juniors. Now our future is walking out the door. How very flawed his plan was.

Latest posts