What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullyboy

Coach
Oh rugby league is surely in some sort of crisis according to the media.

F*ck journalist scum. They should end themselves.

Rosetta

Juniors
I'm trying to figure out where the other 3,000 seated people could fit in, SFS has 44,000 seats atm, looked more like 43k.

Now thats how you build a must see event.

Actually, I was a bit selective with the stats, but it still made a valid point. The couple of years earlier weren't too bad:

2005 - 31105
2004 - 32270
2003 - 26246
2003 - 26014
2002 - 20588

It built well for a few years before taking a tumble, this clash. On fire now, of course.

Anyway, the average for this year's entire comp (to date, counting this game) is: 18885. Massive relative increase.

Billythekid

First Grade
Give it a few years and they may have to. It's building consistantly every year and this game may outgrow the SFS

There is no guarantee that the crowd would be the same at ANZ. I disagree with the idea that the game will outgrow allianz. 40K+ is plenty for a regular season game and it should be left there for the sake of tradition.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Would like to see the crowd segregated for the sake of improving the atmosphere that is my only complaint.

But fantastic occasion and great crowd, though I pity those who chose to drive and park on the grass outside

Should have been some membership advertising today, we have some real crowd momentum as a club going

Suitman

Post Whore
There is no guarantee that the crowd would be the same at ANZ. I disagree with the idea that the game will outgrow allianz. 40K+ is plenty for a regular season game and it should be left there for the sake of tradition.

I agree.

It wasn't that long ago that a regular season attendance of over 40 000 was unheard of.
Do what the Wanderers are doing. Refuse to move the games to larger stadiums, and build demand to such a point that

1. Memberships grow to demand a seat and.....

2. Push for stadium upgrade's (this is just relevant for the stadiums that need it.)

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Would like to see the crowd segregated for the sake of improving the atmosphere that is my only complaint.

Something that league should learn. And quickly.
Certainly creates more noise and atmosphere.
Not hard to sell supporter specific bays. It's done all over the world.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.