What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R17 | Sun | Rabbitohs 30-13 Warriors | NIB, Perth

Round 17: Rabbitohs v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liddell

Juniors
Skeepe having a cry, a couple of knights spastics carrying on and another win.

It's a weekly thing now.

Nemesis

Bench
No doubt that if this were 10 or so rounds ago Souths would've put the cleaners through us. Our defense, especially defending our own line was excellent and forced Souths to rely on kicks and some unusual bounces/pieces of luck to score points.

The problem though is that most of that defending on our own line was a result of some serious mental and technical flaws that a genuine challenger just shouldn't have and we display far too often. Talent will only get a team so far.

The good news is that we have a bye next week so have a chance to freshen up for the run home. We'll only be two points outside the 8 or even on equal points if results go our way. It's our F/A that's going to kill us.

Tigers game becomes a must win.
lol... you make your own luck and you've got to put yourself in a position to take advantage of it... and we did.

Face facts, your team can't play the full 80 minutes week in, week out and won't make the finals until they can.

Elliot made the same mistake that Toovey did against Souths, in planning to bash us out of the game and it backfired. Warriors had no legs left in the last 15 mins. Maguire > daylight > Elliot

Swarzey

Bench
In what world?

I've never heard of competition points being stripped because of player personalities.

Neither have I.

I have however heard of players being mocked and laughed at for their personalities. Thus, to myself and presumably others, your position on the ladder comes irrelevant and is overshadowed from our perspective because the players are nothing more than a laughing stock.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I don't like to think I'm very biased but the McQueen 'knock-on' people keep mentioning didn't the ref call back at the time which the video ref backed up and commentators also agreed with. I didn't think the ball went forward. Where has this knock-on thing come from? Also talk that refs gave Souths the game, Burgess got called for knock-on's twice when we were in prime field position. Surely if the refs wanted Souths to win the game they wouldn't be making calls like that. Geeze I know lots of people dislike us but some of these comments are pretty childish. Warriors were great and like I said earlier they really gave it to us in the forwards. Yes Souths got a lucky kick-try from Goodwin as with the first lucky try but isn't that what grinding footy is all about? Waiting for your opportunities and taking them when they come? That's exactly how Warriors won last week with that intercept pass. Anyway hope to see Warriors go on another streak from here.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
Neither have I.

I have however heard of players being mocked and laughed at for their personalities. Thus, to myself and presumably others, your position on the ladder comes irrelevant and is overshadowed from our perspective because the players are nothing more than a laughing stock.

Hahaha. Clutching at straws.

And if we're talking shit blokes, the conversation starts and ends with Darius Boyd. Never seen a bigger f**kwit in all my life.

Swarzey

Bench
Hahaha. Clutching at straws.

And if we're talking shit blokes, the conversation starts and ends with Darius Boyd. Never seen a bigger f**kwit in all my life.

Was I too formal in my response for you to understand? I'll keep it simple. I understand some South fans are illiterate.

Funnily enough, I agree on Boyd. I don't want him at Newcastle and would sell him in an instant due to the half-arse effort he puts into every club game.

big country

Juniors
Warriors will have plenty of support. souffs will have none. Their fans don't even travel to Homebush, let alone Perth.

Warriors by 14. Teams are starting to figure souffs out now.

I hope it's not raining when the plane flys.

I think you should stop your self assisted fast action alimentary canal shoom shumming with very long gerbil
no?:cool:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Was I too formal in my response for you to understand? I'll keep it simple. I understand some South fans are illiterate.

Funnily enough, I agree on Boyd. I don't want him at Newcastle and would sell him in an instant due to the half-arse effort he puts into every club game.

Is this mongo still commenting about our club.

Go and ring Gids dickhead.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't like to think I'm very biased but the McQueen 'knock-on' people keep mentioning didn't the ref call back at the time which the video ref backed up and commentators also agreed with. I didn't think the ball went forward. Where has this knock-on thing come from?

It's very obvious on the replays that the ball went from McQueen's hand onto Hurrell's shoulder, Hurrell the bloke standing directly in front of him. Despite deflecting back towards Souths' tryline off Hurrell's shoulder it STILL barely went backwards. Terrible call and terribly biased commentary.

Yes Souths got a lucky kick-try from Goodwin as with the first lucky try but isn't that what grinding footy is all about? Waiting for your opportunities and taking them when they come? That's exactly how Warriors won last week with that intercept pass. Anyway hope to see Warriors go on another streak from here.

Yes and no. The Warriors were lucky last week. Failing to execute anything on attack and only scoring opportunistic tries instead absolutely has a lot to do with luck and I find meaningless cliches like "you make your own luck" pretty annoying. There's absolutely no guarantee that the better side is going to be presented with flukey tries simply on the basis of having better field position.

Anyway, don't want to sound like sour grapes but yesterday was just one of those days where the losing side played well and the winning side had a lot of good fortune. Same thing went in favour of the Warriors last week. If anything the Warriors didn't deserve to win last week where Souths probably did deserve to win yesterday.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Damn, frustrating second half to watch as a Warriors fan!!! Even though their attack virtually disappeared, the defensive scramble was pretty stellar. I still thought they were up for a comeback right up to the 75th or so minute when they were 11pts behind and regained the ball from the kickoff, but unfortunately that set ended with a whimper (Taylor dying with the ball on last tackle).

Didn't notice it during the game, but found out that we only used 3 of our 4 players from the bench, that is crazy!

Gotta give some plaudits to the Rabbitohs, in a hard-fought game where both teams got the benefit of some questionable ref calls and lucky bounce of the ball, they came up trumps where it counted. Pity it gives Russell Crowe more ammunition to take the piss out of us though (pity you guys refuse to give him citizenship hah! Take him, he's YOOOOOOOURSS!!!!!)....

Luckily with the bye next week and the teams directly below us losing we're still in virtually the same position come our next game, but it would've been so nice to skip ahead of a couple of teams!!!

Alan Johnson

Juniors
No disgrace to lose to the form team of the comp. I was expecting our form to unravel in this game so I'm glad we were able to stay in it for so long.

Warriors would have belted all but about 4 other teams last night. Souths got lucky a few times in that first half and we also had no ball. We rode our luck and patiently waited for possession to swing our way and when it did, we capitolised. Many a team wouldn't have cracked that Warriors defense and it speaks volumes that most of our tries came from kicks. The Warriors were just unlucky that they came up against the best kicking game in the comp.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
It's very obvious on the replays that the ball went from McQueen's hand onto Hurrell's shoulder, Hurrell the bloke standing directly in front of him. Despite deflecting back towards Souths' tryline off Hurrell's shoulder it STILL barely went backwards. Terrible call and terribly biased commentary.

Yes and no. The Warriors were lucky last week. Failing to execute anything on attack and only scoring opportunistic tries instead absolutely has a lot to do with luck and I find meaningless cliches like "you make your own luck" pretty annoying. There's absolutely no guarantee that the better side is going to be presented with flukey tries simply on the basis of having better field position.

Anyway, don't want to sound like sour grapes but yesterday was just one of those days where the losing side played well and the winning side had a lot of good fortune. Same thing went in favour of the Warriors last week. If anything the Warriors didn't deserve to win last week where Souths probably did deserve to win yesterday.

Your blokes can take away a lot from the game at least. Yesterday showed you have the ability to step up the tempo. Shame Manu was out also he probably would've torn up on the edge.

Bumble

First Grade
Oddly enough I didn't carry on as much.

But thanks for the Derpy M points. I enjoy laughing at the complete and utter joke that is South Sydney and I'm glad to see my comments get some form of recognition.

Whilst you were a bit quiet last night, your reputation precedes you. Like Danny Buderus in the '04 Dally M's

BranVan3000

Coach
Score like didn't show how close it really was...Souths did what they had to do to win. Warriors probably would've beaten most sides tonight though
I agree. Was a great game like a top four contest, only thing seperating the sides was fitness on the night

Warriors had the better first half but we came out better in the second half. In the end, it was a tight battle and Warriors really only lost their way and came off their gameplan once we re-took the lead.

shiznit

Coach
lol... you make your own luck and you've got to put yourself in a position to take advantage of it... and we did.

Face facts, your team can't play the full 80 minutes week in, week out and won't make the finals until they can.

Elliot made the same mistake that Toovey did against Souths, in planning to bash us out of the game and it backfired. Warriors had no legs left in the last 15 mins. Maguire > daylight > Elliot

Your obviously not a REAL souths supporter....

The vast majority of souths supports I come across are humble fans who give credit where credit is due...

And that's born from the tough times they have been through over the last couple of decades...

How about you show some class and humility and congratulate both sides for putting on a wonderful game of football for the people of Perth.