What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba leaving

Bulldog Force

Referee
Perrett said he played fullback for a couple of times at the Roosters - 07/08 - he looked ok there last night, I recall him saving a couple of tries.

Dogs Of War

Coach
There is an article going around that we are speaking with Dugan's management. Not my favorite player, and not sure he is the type of personality that we want at the club. Could bring us back to a poor player culture.

unbreaK

Juniors
As a Broncos fan, I think it is pretty slack that he's leaving you guys after the time and dedication you've given him, but given the circumstances I wouldn't blame Ben too much.. I hope you guys sign Locke or Dugan, they're both guns.

Bulldog Force

Referee
So did he just play pretend fullback in 2007-08 for eleven games?

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/LS00LS0tLS1mYi01NTQ4LS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t
Regardless of it Tim, he's better of staying @ centre as he's one of the best centres in the game at the moment and can use his speed effectively there. He's played for NSW so I don't think moving him to fullback is the way to go. Keep him there and Inu at FB and bring Lafai in - that would be the logical choice.

To the other point in this thread, I don't want Dugan, the club will be taking a step backwards if we go there and that will be the first strike against our new CEO.

I'd rather have Folau in the team instead of him, and considering I can't stand Folau, that says how much I despise Dugan. Besides I'm sure he's right at home at the Dragons!

MatthewA

Juniors
I think Morris would make a brilliant fullback, except for his efforts under the high ball. That would need major work.

GONZO72

Juniors
There is an article going around that we are speaking with Dugan's management. Not my favorite player, and not sure he is the type of personality that we want at the club. Could bring us back to a poor player culture.

Poor culture? He would be a great fit at Canterbury. The most ill disciplined club in the NRL. Dugan would be perfect

Grapple

Bench
Not too worried about him missing 5 games, might actually be a good thing for him temporarily to sort his issues out. Perrett was fantastic last night and I think we have the guys who can cover, just not provide the spark so Inu, Morris, and even Lafai coming in, do really need to step up form wise if Barba's not there to break it open. Especially against better teams.

Long term Locke would be perfect if he was available. I've been watching him since he played in Toyota Cup and I don't think the NRL has seen his full potential. He has really good support play which is the fullback we need with our ball playing forwards. Dugan's the same, but i'd prefer not to have him based on his character.... although Locke has had his moments in the past too.

Packy

Bench
Perrett was good on friday but he isnt a long or short term answer. Good teams will exploit gus limitations.

having said that.. i reckon that is exactly what des will do and he knows his shit.

Bulldog Force

Referee
In todays Herald, inside the back page, there was a small article saying Barba's partner and her kids were seen inside their car dropping Ben off at Belmore for Saturday mornings recovery session. I suppose that's some positive news.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He actually didn't, he said he'd like to join them but will let his manager sort it out.

natheel

Coach
He actually didn't, he said he'd like to join them but will let his manager sort it out.

So you are happy that he said that are you? Pretty easy to see he wants to piss off. And I reckon dogs should put him in NSW cup when he recovers