What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genuine contenders 2014?

bellyache

Bench
IMO; Cowboys are top of the list.
Panthers and Dragons the big improvers.
Roosters will need something special in thier coach to go back to back.
Eels and Tigers to surprise, but the teams that could rattle a few will be either the Sharks or Dogs.

beave

Coach
Cowboys?

Pfffffffft. No Mango, no settled halves pairing and the hooker position still up in the air plus a new coach. We will struggle to make the 8 yet again.

Cowboys?

Pfffffffft. No Mango, no settled halves pairing and the hooker position still up in the air plus a new coach. We will struggle to make the 8 yet again.

We will scrape into the 8 ,be playing brilliant footy at seasons end(just to give us poor fans a spark of hope)& it will all come crashing down in week 1-2 of finals.

bellyache

Bench
make enough wild guesses and sooner or later you'll get one right
16 choices, If Easts stay injury free and the coach is the real deal and the Cowboys do the same, we should see a Cowboys v Easts GF. The NRL is a tough comp, The others mentioned could be anything Eels should have been the 2009 premiers?

Snappy

Coach
16 choices, If Easts stay injury free and the coach is the real deal and the Cowboys do the same, we should see a Cowboys v Easts GF. The NRL is a tough comp, The others mentioned could be anything Eels should have been the 2009 premiers?

yeh 16 choices and you went for 7 teams in the OP. Stabbing in the dark.

bellyache

Bench
We will scrape into the 8 ,be playing brilliant footy at seasons end(just to give us poor fans a spark of hope)& it will all come crashing down in week 1-2 of finals.
Cowboys will be a top 8 side early on, should be top 4 depending on man management/injuries. Green should have them ready for the finals..

Snappy

Coach
yeh nah,

You threw 7 teams out there, so if one happens to go all the way you can pull up the thread again and claim cudos.

We'll just call you bunniesman 2

bellyache

Bench
yeh nah,

You threw 7 teams out there, so if one happens to go all the way you can pull up the thread again and claim cudos.

We'll just call you bunniesman 2
Being the sook that you seem to be, I will say Bronco's first coach sacked and won't make the 8..

Swarzey

Bench
Us to go all the way... :sarcasm:

..Well hopefully one better but I certainly expect Souths to have another consistent season unless teams muscle up in the middle to stop their forward pack. Two years they've been "hampered by injury", at least that's the excuse I've been told so you'd think they would prepare better, right?

I can't pick the Cowboys. Bowen will be a tremendous loss and no decent hooker will make life hard but they'll finish in roughly the same position they did this year. Nonetheless, I'm hoping to be proven wrong as I enjoy watching them quite a bit.

Roosters.

A length back Souffs and Manly.

A couple of lengths back, Storm, Knights, Dogs, Sharks.

A length back, Cowboys, Panthers, Broncos.

The rest no no chance of the 8.

Charlie124

First Grade
Cowboys?

Just once it would be great to see you post something to suggest you dont absolutely hate this club and everyone who's ever been involved with it. :lol:

maple_69

Bench
Can somebody please explain to me why the Dogs are rated above Knights, Penrith, Cowboys, Sharks ajd Brisbane?

Did I miss a few big signings or a boom junior debuting? Their halves are average, hooker is way past his best and star fullback gone. The backline is alright and pack good but I don't see how they're going to go with some of the more complete teams.

Patorick

Staff member
Can somebody please explain to me why the Dogs are rated above Knights, Penrith, Cowboys, Sharks ajd Brisbane?

Did I miss a few big signings or a boom junior debuting? Their halves are average, hooker is way past his best and star fullback gone. The backline is alright and pack good but I don't see how they're going to go with some of the more complete teams.
Des.

Getting rid of Barba too.

;-)

BranVan3000

Coach
Only call I'd confidently make is Storm being in the Grand Final. May even be the Big Three's final Premiership win

MacDougall

First Grade
Roosters.

A length back Souffs and Manly.

A couple of lengths back, Storm, Knights, Dogs, Sharks.

A length back, Cowboys, Panthers, Broncos.

The rest no no chance of the 8.

I bet that one of the six teams you didn't mention make the eight. Thus making you a muppet. Want to take me up on it?

pHyR3

Juniors
as usual cowboys are impossible to predict. They could win it all or wooden spoon depending on if they 'click' cause everyone knows they have the roster to do whatever they want.

personally, im thinking thurton gets injured for 10 weeks and cowboys crash and burn with no mango, halves or hooker unless a junior i havent heard of really steps up and delivers.

the surprise of 2014 might come from panthers tigers or maybe raiders. Although the raiders are another mystery mark. sticky has had them all become anorexic in the preseason but the rule changes might speed up the game more than we realise and i expect the team to put on a few kilos from that summertime preseason show, making em a little lighter but a lot fitter than 2013. Either that, or they get steamrolled every game and sticky retires.