What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks 9's Foray

Ausguy

Coach
I need to see a game or 2 befoe I can comment on EGJ.
Assuming he picks up where he left off, then straight in.

Gordon
EGJ
Wright
Utelele
Ayshford
Holdsworth
Carney

Spine of Morris/Robbo

Interesting reefy... im not against HOlsdworth in the team either. Looked big n strong doesn't he. But id go with this...

Gordon
EGJ
Ayshford
Utelele
Feki
Holdsworth
Carney

Card Shark

Immortal
I find it interesting after reading most of the posts in here re our back 5 that EG Jnr didn't get a mention
Good to have a bit of decent competition for starting spots, for a change

Eric was on the radio last week & said he's still playing for a contract.

I'm sure they will sign him but he hasn't yet.

I'd love to see him at his best because he was a quality player early in his career.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I need to see a game or 2 befoe I can comment on EGJ.
Assuming he picks up where he left off, then straight in.

Gordon
EGJ
Wright
Utelele
Ayshford
Holdsworth
Carney

Spine of Morris/Robbo
no offence, but for so long in recent seasons Sharks fans have complained about a lack of pace out wide, and then you suggest Ayshford on the wing.

Ayshford is a centre and nothing else. He hasn't got the pace to be a winger and he hasn't got the leap either.

He runs hard, he runs good lines, he is hard to tackle around the hips, he just bumps off blokes and has a good fend. You need blokes like that setting up/creating opportunities for your fast men on the wing.

Holdsworth showed last year when he was at Hull that he's not the most consistent/reliable player. Robson is.

I'd also rather Carney have more room and space to move by being second receiver.

And no way in my opinion, is Wright a first grade footballer.

Leutele is better on the other side of the field too.

Quigs

Immortal
Moi - we just don't have the cattle yet again.

We will give it a good shake again but that is all.

Card Shark

Immortal
Moi - we just don't have the cattle yet again.

We will give it a good shake again but that is all.

Hard to argue Quigs.....just like the 9s.

Close but not close enough....can't even make the final. Bombed tries & poor options under pressure.

Great teams take advantage of opportunities or make something out of nothing. We just don't do that.

Hopefully that changes over time....We did get better at that last year.

chewsta

First Grade
How good was Stapo's knock on from a tap.
FMD. the guy needs less time in the gym and more time on ball skills.

Special K

Coach
Eric was on the radio last week & said he's still playing for a contract.

I'm sure they will sign him but he hasn't yet.

I'd love to see him at his best because he was a quality player early in his career.

Basically if he finishes pre season they give him a 2nd tier deal...

DJShaksta

First Grade
How good was Stapo's knock on from a tap.
FMD. the guy needs less time in the gym and more time on ball skills.

He didn't knock it on, he dropped the ball onto his foot and meant to kick it back up into his hands, except it went backwards off his foot and Lichaa caught it.
It wasn't a knock on.

Not sure what the ruling was, all the players seemed confused at the refs ruling.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think Stapo was unlucky that it wasnt play on but if you give a ref a chance to blow his whistle, he will.

It was sloppy & 1/2 deserved to be pulled up just on that fact.

chewsta

First Grade
It was ruled to have travelled forward to Lichaa from Stapo. either way Stapo screwed it up. all he had to do was tap it on his foot and run.

DJShaksta

First Grade
It was ruled to have travelled forward to Lichaa from Stapo. either way Stapo screwed it up. all he had to do was tap it on his foot and run.

That's right, ruled to have travelled forward to a guy standing 2 meters behind him.
That's what Lichaa said to the ref.

I'm no absolving Stappo of blame, but he was hardly done by on that occasion.