What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench
According to SKY sports this morning the Roosters are after Fifita..

Also he has supposedly agreed to play at souths after a visit from Rusty,what a surprise,but the roosters have come late and he is swaying.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manly are generally always very astute with their purchases.

This one makes no sense to me, he was so bad that we eventually chose Liam Fulton over him for a few games when Farah was injured.

Bench
Manly are generally always very astute with their purchases.

This one makes no sense to me, he was so bad that we eventually chose Liam Fulton over him for a few games when Farah was injured.

We bought the wrong hooker at the time,should have bought Seluini,about the same price too.

mxlegend99

Referee
Masada Iosefa was the best hooker in the under 20's by a long way back in 07/08. Showed glimpses of promise in first grade but never really kicked on, largely due to Matt Elliott not being able to successfully get the best out of those guys.

Not sure he can find his way back to his jersey flegg form and build from it. But I can see why some coaches might want him. I think a Bellamy or Bennett could get great value out of him. Not sure Toovey could.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Fifita would be the first prop picked in just about every team in the comp. Needless to say, I would lose my sh*t if we ever got him.

Delboy

First Grade
Also he has supposedly agreed to play at souths after a visit from Rusty,what a surprise,but the roosters have come late and he is swaying.

Guess he was swayed by one of the wonders of the world "Uncle Nicks elastic salary cap" :D

We wait the Roosts advising us all that they only have 3 maybe 4 players not on the minimum wage, that's how they have their current roster , obviously

RWB

Bench
Roosters are the best trolls.

The reactions have been priceless, Facebook is blowing up :lol:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can't believe manly signed iosefa, he is close the worst player I've ever seen in a wests tigers jersey...seriously

Iafeta

Referee
Masada Iosefa was the best hooker in the under 20's by a long way back in 07/08. Showed glimpses of promise in first grade but never really kicked on, largely due to Matt Elliott not being able to successfully get the best out of those guys.

Not sure he can find his way back to his jersey flegg form and build from it. But I can see why some coaches might want him. I think a Bellamy or Bennett could get great value out of him. Not sure Toovey could.

Fair crack of the whip. Masada has had plenty of other opportunities outside of Elliott and hasn't done anything.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Don't bother Iafeta. Everyone knows Elliott is the devil whose only pleasure in life is to single handedly destroy clubs and then move on.

:BDH:

soc123_au

Staff member
Don't bother Iafeta. Everyone knows Elliott is the devil whose only pleasure in life is to single handedly destroy clubs and then move on.

:BDH:

You poor saps are still in the honeymoon period. Elliott is a coach best savoured over time. To truly appreciate his talents you need to think of him as a nice cheese. Great bloke though.

In fairness I will add that Iosefa's issues are more to do with Ronald McDonald & just being a f**kwit than anything Elliott did or didn't do.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Didn't rate Elliot before he signed with us, still don't think much now. However, not every talented youngster will kick on regardless of the coach.

soc123_au

Staff member
I agree, we have had our share of them both pre & post Elliott. Really the only younguns that we have lost that still piss me off are Wade Graham, Mark Caroll & Tony Butterfield.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
One thing the Warriors tend to do well is keep the young ones.......developing them to a consistent level on the other hand......ha!

There's always woulda coulda shoulda situations, but not many that I would say were an absolute massive loss at the time except the early years, especially when we lost Henry and Robbie Paul in exchange for an English plodder.

POPEYE

Coach
Elliott is not going to be the one hindering the Warriors, Johnson in 'Benji' mode when it counts will do that

Swap Shaun for Cronk and Elliott would be able to grow fingernails and be a hero at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts