What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dolphin Stadium

ash the bash

Juniors
or perhaps East Coast Dolphins encompassing also the Sunshine Coast, people who don't like the Broncos, and perhaps a safeguard JUST incase the Titans fall over?

Personally think ECD would be too vague, I guess the key with this bid is how many people who live there can make it down to Suncorp every fortnight ?

Don't profess to know a lot about Brisbane I presume the easiest way would be by train. Anyhow I think have a strong leagues club backing can only help. Something the Titans should have done instead of the COE.

Stewbum

Juniors
The Stadium is magnificent with plenty of room to increase the capacity to 20,000+ if necessary.

I did detect a rather un-Dolphin-like aspect on the opening which I might share with those in the know: the ground announcer had changed since my last visit. The new chap had a rustic, read-headed sound to him! Could it be? I believe it was.

ash the bash

Juniors
I hope they future proof the stadium with provisions to increase seated capacity from 10,000 to 20,000. If the Moreton Bay Dolphins ever want to play NRL have to have at least a minimum of 20,000 seats. With plenty of parking around and a heavy rail line 5 mins by bus, has a lot of potential. Moreton Bay area population projected to go over 500,000 by 2030.

https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/general.aspx?id=86

Stewbum

Juniors
Couldn't they be called
'North Brisbane Dolphins'
Couldn't Parra be called the Westish Sydney Eels, and Cronulla the Southern Coastal Sharks, and Manly the Northern Coastal Sea Rats, or St George some other bullshit.

It's the Redcliffe Dolphins. Support them or don't. Made up names for traditional clubs are reviled.

Marlins

Juniors
Couldn't Parra be called the Westish Sydney Eels, and Cronulla the Southern Coastal Sharks, and Manly the Northern Coastal Sea Rats, or St George some other bullshit.

It's the Redcliffe Dolphins. Support them or don't. Made up names for traditional clubs are reviled.
actually if the nrl had its time again after the super league disaster they probably would of went with
Western Sydney eels
Northern beaches sea eagles
Southern Sharks
Sydney city Roosters
Lol. Seriously I was reacting to the previous post which says change Redcliffe to Morten bay. I know that is the regions name but Personally I would rather it stay Redcliffe but if they were to change it why not North Brisbane.

Stewbum

Juniors
I was replying to both posts but:

1. North Brisbane bears no relation to the city of Redcliffe.
2. The Northern Suburbs Devils also known as Norths
3. Ask any fan of those Sydney clubs how they like the idea of a generic name change
4. Made up names are fine for a soulless business bid for the NRL which is not the product of the aspirations of a proud club
5. Doing so costs diehard support, the lifeblood of the club in tough times.
6. I am clearly biased, if it was another club I'd disagree in principle but not fire up.

Nothing personal, but try and steal the emblem and we'll sue your ass (ask the Titans), try and change the name and it's fighting time. :)

DlEHARD

Juniors

If they are ever in the NRL it will be definitely under a new name.

Stewbum

Juniors
I'd report your post on the grounds of gross indecency if I wasn't so generously disposed towards you normally.

Latest posts