What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
Gal was too experienced ... he's a merkin but a tough merkin ... junior did well to hang in there

Captain BF

Juniors
Paulo might have had a better chance had the 2nd period gone a little longer. I thought he had Gallen struggling.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Paulo would go a lot better if he had taken more body shots when he had the chance, and there was a few times he could as gallen was wided open. Was too focus on hitting Gallens head.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I reckon any established NRL halfback is going to cost about that. I also reckon Hunt is very underrated. I also reckon Gutherson is very overrated as a half. Very good centre, though.

Probably, I'd rather we get value out of our players. I don't think we'd be getting value out of Hunt for what he'll be put in the team for. I reckon both Hunt and Gutherson are rated where they actually sit. I believe that Hunt benefited massively from a forever strong broncos team whilst Gutho was a noble performer whilst our team was down on troops.

What Hunt needs is confidence in himself. Take the line on more and the rest will come. His form did drop once Hodges retired and he had to defend alongside Roberts.

emjaycee

Coach
Middle forward is probably the spot with the most depth in our squad for next year.

Mannah (p)
Alvaro (p)
Terepo (p/l)
Vave (p)
Matagi (p)
Scott (l)
Moeroa (l/p)
Brown (l/p)
Gower (l/p)
O'Brien (p)

Looks like some healthy options for BA and I probably forgot someone.

strider

Post Whore
You forgot Frank The Tank

I wouldnt be surprised to see Matagi start .... probably a horses for courses approach, but I reckon Brown coming off the bench could be quite destructive

8. Mannah
10. Matagi

12. Scott
11. Mau
13. Moeroa

Bench:
Edwards
Brown
Terepo
Vave

Pritchard
Gower
Alvaro
Windscreens

Edit: f**k me i forgot krampin' kenny

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Middle forward is probably the spot with the most depth in our squad for next year.

Mannah (p)
Alvaro (p)
Terepo (p/l)
Vave (p)
Matagi (p)
Scott (l)
Moeroa (l/p)
Brown (l/p)
Gower (l/p)
O'Brien (p)

Looks like some healthy options for BA and I probably forgot someone.

Yep, Twal and Hasson

While Edwards / Pritchard can also play edge / middle.

Kelepi, Woods and Ualesi all have lock listed on their profiles.

Happy MEel

First Grade
You forgot Frank The Tank

I wouldnt be surprised to see Matagi start .... probably a horses for courses approach, but I reckon Brown coming off the bench could be quite destructive

8. Mannah
10. Matagi

12. Scott
11. Mau
13. Moeroa

Bench:
Edwards
Brown
Terepo
Vave

Pritchard
Gower
Alvaro
Windscreens

Edit: f**k me i forgot krampin' kenny
This is how I'd start the year as well except Frank in for Vave and change Moeroa and Scott as I think they will make the swap permanently this year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
BA has always gone with a bench hooker, so there is probably only 3 spots for forwards on the bench.

I reckon de gois / Pritchard are definites for 9/14.

strider

Post Whore
BA has always gone with a bench hooker, so there is probably only 3 spots for forwards on the bench.

I reckon de gois / Pritchard are definites for 9/14.
Plus i dont think either are really 80 minute players anyway

So yeah we will have Kenny and 2 middle forwards on the bench ... im sure injuries will dictate who they are .... nice to have some depth

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just a guess:

8. Mannah
9. De Gois
10. TBA
11. Manu
12. Moeroa
13. Scott

14. Pritchard
15. Pritchard
16. Edwards
17. TBC

I reckon the above players are definitely in the top 17, with two spots available.

So it's probably two props that are able to break into the side. And I reckon there is a pretty good chance Peni will be one of them ( BA loves him).

So that leaves one spot, probably between the following:

Brown
Vave
Matagi
Alvaro

Latest posts