What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

axl rose

Bench
I can't understand anyone that would have enjoyed RL2 back in the day not getting anything out of this at all. RL2 is a steaming pile of shit compared to this. We haven't come as far as other sports games from that era to this, but that's hardly surprising.

I still fire this up in be a pro mode from time to time. Pretty enjoyable.

Rugby League 2 by SIDHE (i think they are dead now) was atrocious. For some reason they thought responsive controls were not necessary, and all the players controlled like cement trucks.

Parra Pride

Coach
Rugby League 2 would probably still at least work if I still had it and my PS2. Rugby League Live 3 is completely broken on Xbox for some people right now, myself included, dropping to a stupidly low FPS fairly quickly after the game is launched and becoming unplayable as a result. Deleting and re-downloading the game did nothing to solve the issue, and there has been zero response from Big Ant themselves to a thread on their forums talking about the issue.

Rhyno

First Grade
Been playing this again lately but it is sh!t

The first sidhe game that came out in 2003 is the best ever rugby league game

thorson1987

Coach
I can't understand anyone that would have enjoyed RL2 back in the day not getting anything out of this at all. RL2 is a steaming pile of shit compared to this. We haven't come as far as other sports games from that era to this, but that's hardly surprising.

I still fire this up in be a pro mode from time to time. Pretty enjoyable.

Tbf, i still haven't layed RLL3 yet hence why I haven't complained about he gameplay.

But i refuse to still pay $80 for a game that is 2 years old. even the pre owned copies are relatively expensive.

Then again I haven't actually looked for it the past few months so it could have gone down in orice abit.

Parra Pride

Coach
Doesn't look like the price has dropped, still $90 at JB and $100 at EB. Probably similar price on the Xbox, Playstation and Steam stores.

perverse

Referee
The price won't ever drop, which is why I bought it as soon as I saw it on Steam. I can't really speak to peoples Xbox issues, I don't play games on a console that have a PC release. It's only like $65AUD on Steam, btw. Sucks that Xbox is having problems, I guess.

perverse

Referee
Tbf, i still haven't layed RLL3 yet hence why I haven't complained about he gameplay.

But i refuse to still pay $80 for a game that is 2 years old. even the pre owned copies are relatively expensive.

Then again I haven't actually looked for it the past few months so it could have gone down in orice abit.
Your nostalgia has given you rose-tinted glasses. RL1 was even worse than RL2. I played both of those games absolutely into the ground, it was the best we had at the time... but you're hard pressed to find any single part of those games that is superior to RLL3. Even when comparing them both to sports titles of the time, I believe RLL3 comes out way, way ahead.

I'd be surprised if you could name a single feature that was better in RL1 compared to RLL3, relative to other games of the time or otherwise. RL1 and RL2 were more like train simulators than they were Rugby League games.

Paullyboy

Coach
Your nostalgia has given you rose-tinted glasses. RL1 was even worse than RL2. I played both of those games absolutely into the ground, it was the best we had at the time... but you're hard pressed to find any single part of those games that is superior to RLL3. Even when comparing them both to sports titles of the time, I believe RLL3 comes out way, way ahead.

I'd be surprised if you could name a single feature that was better in RL1 compared to RLL3, relative to other games of the time or otherwise. RL1 and RL2 were more like train simulators than they were Rugby League games.

Exactly. I find it hilarious when people come on and say how good old versions of this game were. Anyone who genuinely thinks that RLL3 isn't the best of the lot, is absolutely insane.

I don't play it anymore, but gave it a decent run during footy season and will probably dust it off next season. It's far from perfect, but no game is.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I trumped up the courage to pop this back in to scratch the footy itch after almost a year without touching it....And was immediately reminded why I hadn't. What utter trash. Rugby League deserves so much better than this lazy tripe.

Nuke

Staff member
Seemingly I've been under a rock the past 18 months ... I just today learned this game existed on PC!
So I begrudgingly paid the $65 to download it (I would have MUCH preferred to buy an actual physical copy from a JB HiFi or the like, but given it's seemingly not been released as such, this would do the trick). 10 hours later, the download completes and I look forward to giving the game a go. And I need a freakin' game controller in order to play it. You have got to be kidding me?!! There's no option to use the keyboard.

FFS. I look forward to actually playing this one day.

Exsilium

First Grade
Seemingly I've been under a rock the past 18 months ... I just today learned this game existed on PC!
So I begrudgingly paid the $65 to download it (I would have MUCH preferred to buy an actual physical copy from a JB HiFi or the like, but given it's seemingly not been released as such, this would do the trick). 10 hours later, the download completes and I look forward to giving the game a go. And I need a freakin' game controller in order to play it. You have got to be kidding me?!! There's no option to use the keyboard.

FFS. I look forward to actually playing this one day.

If you enjoy pc gaming then buying a Wired Xbox controller is the way to go. Plug and play.

MKCS

Juniors
I enjoy the game still. Needs a bit of an update and has it's issues but it's definitely the best game in the series.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
just bought RLL3 for 15 bucks from the second hand store. For the price it's enjoyable but still disappointing. Does anyone have a list of the challenges/achievements to complete? (ie complete 940m gained in a match, 100 offloads in career etc?)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
just bought RLL3 for 15 bucks from the second hand store. For the price it's enjoyable but still disappointing. Does anyone have a list of the challenges/achievements to complete? (ie complete 940m gained in a match, 100 offloads in career etc?)

Play the game for 2 seasons without giving up on it.

edabomb

First Grade
I've heard that if you play this game for 1400 hours you learn how to actually play it properly and it becomes a half decent title.

Latest posts