What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Journalists making sh*t up?

AJB1102

First Grade
To the best of my knowledge News Ltd still owns majority share of the Broncos.

I'm not gonna try join the dots but I gotta ask why a News Ltd entity is putting the blowtorch on another News Ltd entity.

Is there more to it or just one side leveraging off another? To run it in dying print media is one thing, to run it through the Fox League shows is a bit different. Do they want Wayne out? Using the Broncos to regain relevance (Fox League channel seems to be pushing at a QLD audience)?

langpark

First Grade
Just wanted someone to ask him. How he knew Marshall was horrified?
no one had the balls to do it Very sad where our game is in the media.
Exactly! No-one asked him that simple question: what did you mean by "Benji's horrified by it?"

axl rose

Bench
This is the biggest non-story ever. I miss the days of real controversy. Like Craig Gower groping Wayne Pearce’s teenage daughter, then chasing a 16-year-old Mitchell Pearce with a bottle and vomiting on him, crashing a golf cart he stole, streaking nude, then putting a knife to the throat of a guest while brawling with security.

Milford skipped a couple of reps? i mean come on, give Kent and his vultures something to write about

Vozzy

Juniors
Sad thing is its not even news worthy. What's next Paul Kent "Wayne Bennet didn't mow the lawn on the weekend causing Ben ikins kid to twist his ankle on Christmas day."

langpark

First Grade
This is the biggest non-story ever. I miss the days of real controversy. Like Craig Gower groping Wayne Pearce’s teenage daughter, then chasing a 16-year-old Mitchell Pearce with a bottle and vomiting on him, crashing a golf cart he stole, streaking nude, then putting a knife to the throat of a guest while brawling with security.

Milford skipped a couple of reps? i mean come on, give Kent and his vultures something to write about
ahahahaha!

soc123_au

Staff member

Those were the days. Ironic the punishment Gowie copped compared to what Pearce got 10 years later for something much more minor. In hindsight Pearce should have claimed "the Gower defence"

carcharias

Immortal

Ha
That was a very big day for Gower
A great day for fans .

Incorrect

Coach
Would love to be a fly on the wall the next time Benentt and his daughter and son-in-law are out to dinner...

Bennett - "How's work Ben?"
Ikin - "Ummm, yeah good thanks Way.... I mean Mr Bennett"
Bennett - "Cut the shit 4-eyes. Unless you're going to call that f**kwit out on his BS from now on, this will be the last time you ever sit at the same table as me. You got that?"
Ikin - "Yes sir."
Bennett - "You're paying for dinner by the way merkin"

Just Visiting

Juniors
Such a bizarre series of events by Kent, firstly to name Benji, but then to try and play some semantic game that requires you to know for a fact Benji is horrified but that he didn't tell you and finally to tie that in to Bennett's personal life.

That fact no one on that panel addressed the elephant in the room, if he didn't tell you how can you know his opinion as fact is a disgrace.

Kent basically admits he only told half the story to make a point about Milford not being the player he was expected to be, a point that is agenda driven from his relationship with sticky. Now Kent backtracks and says there was more to what Benji said, and that Milford in fact embraced a good training ethic during the off season under the example of Benji. Kent loves talking about himself, as if he is part of the story, instead of just being the one reporting the story. Classic narcissist.

Oh yeah it's all Sticky's fault that Milford has been overweight ever since he moved to Brisbane.

I believe Kent. I believe Benji told the truth about Milford being lazy, because he's always been that way.

I don't believe Bennett.

forward pass

Coach
I am not a fan of Kent, but he is correct - he NEVER said that it was Benji who told him about Milford. Any player could have told him and I know he has plenty of sources.

Corey Parker could have been chatting to Kent in Fox Studios and said something like " Milf is a cheating bastard in the gym, always trying to get away with less work, poor Benji is horrified as he is the one who has his spot" ........blah blah blah.

Just an example of what could have gone down.

adamkungl

Immortal
I am not a fan of Kent, but he is correct - he NEVER said that it was Benji who told him about Milford. Any player could have told him and I know he has plenty of sources.

Corey Parker could have been chatting to Kent in Fox Studios and said something like " Milf is a cheating bastard in the gym, always trying to get away with less work, poor Benji is horrified as he is the one who has his spot" ........blah blah blah.

Yeah but who's twisting who's words here.
Kent strongly implied that Benji had said something - whether to him directly or someone else. To then claim Bennett is twisting his words is extremely slimy.
The bloke's a grub.

Meth

Staff member
Kent could only claim 'Benji Marshall was horrified' with integrity if Marshall had told him (or somebody) on the record.

I think there's plenty of bullshit to go around on this one, but Kent should be answerable for assigning an opinion to Marshall and then admitting he didn't speak to him.

Have your cake and eat it too on somebody else's time, because eventually you won't have any at all and you'll be 6 feet under where you belong.

LOL Like Bryce Cartwright? LMFAO @ an insignificant organization like the Broncos ever being able to put a multinational mass media corporation like News Limited "6 feet under".

I love how the NRL media just like to stab, stab, stab at NRL.

These dumb merkins don't realise that soon enough, they'll kill the golden goose that keeps them employed. Then they can go report on AFL or some such.

Pack of merkins, all of them.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Yeah but karrnnt defends himself by saying what he said is 100% correct when in fact he doesn't have a clue. Poor journalism.

Kent could only claim 'Benji Marshall was horrified' with integrity if Marshall had told him (or somebody) on the record.

I think there's plenty of bullshit to go around on this one, but Kent should be answerable for assigning an opinion to Marshall and then admitting he didn't speak to him.

This