What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you sign Aaron Woods?

moffla

Bench
TBF on Woods, did he actually come out and say that? Not disputing he didn't, just don't get the news down here!

Valheru

Coach
Yeh Tedesco is the real loss out of those three. Roosters must have chucked some good money at him.

According to 'sources' it was less than the tigers offered and they weren't prepared to get in a bidding war and it was a take it or leave it offer but who knows...

The roosters are on record as saying they don't deal with the manager so maybe that is where the take it or leave it offer came in.

Spot On

Coach
According to 'sources' it was less than the tigers offered and they weren't prepared to get in a bidding war and it was a take it or leave it offer but who knows...

The roosters are on record as saying they don't deal with the manager so maybe that is where the take it or leave it offer came in.

They don't deal with the manager???

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Woods isn't coming out of this well. Basically slams his team mates as the reason he wanted out. FFS, his role as captain is to lift his team yet you would barely see a whimper out of him behind the goalposts after a try was scored. No loss I reckon. Teddy on the other hand......
I was at the Eels v Tigers game last week, and when the Eels scored to bring it to 20-22 and trail by 2 with about 15 to go, who do you think was going off and laying down the law to the players in the huddle for the Tigers?

It was Moses, believe it or not. Absolutely going off his trolley.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Well Rothfield says in his article today that Tedesco had all but agreed at the dogs then the roosters came in and beat their offer so he went to them.

I guess we'll never know the real truth.

Valheru

Coach
They don't deal with the manager???

As in that specific manager because he is a flog.

I'm by no means an expert, but apparently this is the first and only player we will ever sign who is managed by that Moses fella thus the 'one and done' offer because Politis has no interest in negotiating with him.

Minichiello has a lot to do with this deal happening apparently.

Edwahu

Bench
As in that specific manager because he is a flog.

I'm by no means an expert, but apparently this is the first and only player we will ever sign who is managed by that Moses fella thus the 'one and done' offer because Politis has no interest in negotiating with him.

Minichiello has a lot to do with this deal happening apparently.

First and only until the next one.

jim_57

Staff member
Losing all of them could be a blessing in disguise for the Tigers. I don't think any one of them is worth what they're asking, especially Woods, Tedesco maybe but his injury recors is hardly inspiring..

If the Tigers lose them all or most and use the money to recruit smartly and with a bit of luck they could be anything again in 5 years. I don't think they're good enough to bring a premiership and definitely not a group to invest massive amounts of your salary cap in to and build a team around. Major bullet dodged with egos bigger than their range of skills.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
I hear what you are saying. I think most would agree or have agreed the 'power clubs'(that term sh*ts me like The Big 4)have the advantage but if you look at the Broncos & Dogs they haven't won any more comps that Newy in the last 10 years so it hasn't exactly done anything other than line the pockets of the players and their managers.
While they haven't WON comps they also haven't had time out of the 8 or any rebuilding periods because they seem to be able to replace quality with quality and just keep stacking their sides. Where sides like Wests and Newy have to have time in rebuilding phase because they completely get stripped back and have to bleed juniors through.

Paullyboy

Coach
Tedesco was worth whatever he was asking from a Tigers perspective. He could very easily be the best player in the game at some point in his career.

I don't think moving to the Roosters will help him get there though. Too many mouths to feed in that back line and he won't get the regular ball that he loves.

adamkungl

Immortal
While they haven't WON comps they also haven't had time out of the 8 or any rebuilding periods because they seem to be able to replace quality with quality and just keep stacking their sides. Where sides like Wests and Newy have to have time in rebuilding phase because they completely get stripped back and have to bleed juniors through.

Yawwn.

People complaining about well run clubs being more successful more often than basketcases.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Woods is a farkwit.
Sick of going it alone? What a pea heart.
Fugg I hope he gets smashed every week.

Valheru

Coach
Tedesco was worth whatever he was asking from a Tigers perspective. He could very easily be the best player in the game at some point in his career.

I don't think moving to the Roosters will help him get there though. Too many mouths to feed in that back line and he won't get the regular ball that he loves.

Why not?

RTS got plenty of ball.

Latest posts