What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chad

Surely

Post Whore
I'm not talking the NRL, I'm talking 1 player on 3 stats. Can't be bothered finding & comparing him.

I'm suggesting he's not breaking tackles or the line & I know he's scoring not many tries.

Can you seriously say he's setting the world on fire like we know he can??

Barba played 27 games, made 18 line breaks , 106 tackle breaks and ran 2700m last year

Holmes has played 5 this season, made 3 line breaks, 16 tackle breaks and run 945m

carcharias

Immortal
Barba played 27 games, made 18 line breaks , 106 tackle breaks and ran 2700m last year

Holmes has played 5 this season, made 3 line breaks, 16 tackle breaks and run 945m

very similar if Holmes keeps going.

I'll tell you'd what f**ked us
Bird running out twice
Maloney not finding touch
The fifty missed tackles in the last 5 mins
And the usual 2 or 3blokes who give away penalties week after week
That f**king kills us.
Gal
Maloney
And wade
Same thing every week.
Holding blokes down in tackles or going high.

Fifita would run 40 metres wed then f**k up an opportunity
Give them the ball on their line and then give away another shit penalty.

So what was a golden opportunity now sees us defending 10 out.

It was one of those nights and in the main we have been the form team this year.

I can't be too hard on the players because I thought the transition from Ennis and Barba was possibly not going to happen this year.

We'll bounce back and I'm sure we'll start stringing the wins again.

Card Shark

Immortal

I'm a big Val fan & my argument was more about defending chad. I think he's been unfairly targeted when others in the spine aren't playing to potential.

Those stats are pretty good but my perception is he's not looking nearly as dangerous.

Maybe it's fullback? On the wing he'd often get the ball & scoot around the defence. At fullback he try's to bash his way through.

Card Shark

Immortal
It was one of those nights and in the main we have been the form team this year.

I can't be too hard on the players because I thought the transition from Ennis and Barba was possibly not going to happen this year.

We'll bounce back and I'm sure we'll start stringing the wins again.

The thing is, when we need to turn it on, we can & do.

Surely

Post Whore
I'm a big Val fan & my argument was more about defending chad. I think he's been unfairly targeted when others in the spine aren't playing to potential.

Those stats are pretty good but my perception is he's not looking nearly as dangerous.

Maybe it's fullback? On the wing he'd often get the ball & scoot around the defence. At fullback he try's to bash his way through.

If anything I think he's trying too hard, trying to do everything at a 100mph, but he's going really well, a little more experience and he's going to be dynamite.

Wozza

Juniors
The thing is, when we need to turn it on, we can & do.
We are still missing the unpredictability in attack by losing Barba and Ennis. Any decent side already knows what Townsend is going to do on the 5th tackle before he does. Has to be one of the slowest halfbacks in the NRL. Brailey is going OK but how many times has he taken off from Dummy half this year? could count them on one hand.
We have been beaten by 3 sides this year that all showed more commitment in defence than we have.
Next to no injection in the attack by Holmes making an extra man either doesn't help. Hayne showed him up.
This is not just an attitude issue, they are predictable and good defending sides can defend it.

We are still missing the unpredictability in attack by losing Barba and Ennis. Any decent side already knows what Townsend is going to do on the 5th tackle before he does. Has to be one of the slowest halfbacks in the NRL. Brailey is going OK but how many times has he taken off from Dummy half this year? could count them on one hand.
We have been beaten by 3 sides this year that all showed more commitment in defence than we have.
Next to no injection in the attack by Holmes making an extra man either doesn't help. Hayne showed him up.
This is not just an attitude issue, they are predictable and good defending sides can defend it.

Brailey is playing how his coach is asking him to play. He is young and killing it but Flanno doesn't want to heap too much responsibility at this point of time. The tricks will come out going forward. Very clever hooker with many strings to his bow.

I agree we have lost a lot of X factor with Barba gone but that's something we have adjust too.

Chad has been playing very well. Yes he's not blessed with lightning speed or a Shaun Johnson step but his kicking game is great and he's consistent. I think he missed Lewis tonight. He's a big factor of that right side attack.

I will also add I think Flanno has got it wrong playing Capewell in the backs. The sooner we have Edrick or Beale there the better. His strength is playing backrow and he doesn't add much to our backline.

Chimp

Bench
One of the things I noticed, particularly from Chad is that we were going sideways with the ball too often.
We looked great when Val, Loots and in particular Feki (who I thought was outstanding) made yards up and around the ruck, and we should have stayed up the middle IMO.
When we did try to spread it, Chad was going sideways with the ball in hand, meaning the defence could just let him go and he was running the outside backs out of space - he's got to go forward to be a threat with the ball first and then look to spread it - instead, he was just crabbing sideways and eating up any space we'd created.

One of the things I noticed, particularly from Chad is that we were going sideways with the ball too often.
We looked great when Val, Loots and in particular Feki (who I thought was outstanding) made yards up and around the ruck, and we should have stayed up the middle IMO.
When we did try to spread it, Chad was going sideways with the ball in hand, meaning the defence could just let him go and he was running the outside backs out of space - he's got to go forward to be a threat with the ball first and then look to spread it - instead, he was just crabbing sideways and eating up any space we'd created.

Yes totally agree that is what happened last night.

Also I thought we should of worked their ruck over way more especially in the second half.

If anything I think he's trying too hard, trying to do everything at a 100mph, but he's going really well, a little more experience and he's going to be dynamite.
Can we get a date when all the Holmes excuses are null & void? I just dont think he has it in him to be consistent. A lot like Latrell. They cant play like Inglis so they get frustrated & dis interested.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Can we get a date when all the Holmes excuses are null & void? I just dont think he has it in him to be consistent. A lot like Latrell. They cant play like Inglis so they get frustrated & dis interested.
I actually thought Val was alright last night. Ran with purpose and I don't remember any errors. He's no Barba, yet, but he will continue to improve.

I thought he got a pass mark last night. Prob his only good game this year. Still, Barba<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------< Holmes.
The improvement rate had better increase , real quick.

millersnose

Post Whore
He is still inexperienced
But we really needed some spark last night and it's time to start to live up to the hype

snout

First Grade
Real simples.

Chad - play direct.
Straighten the attack.

The examples are there over and over and over.

Andrew Johns. Played straight as.
The warriors couldn't win a game because Johnson runs in circles. Foran comes in and plays straight - different side.
Donkeys most try assists come from Darius chiming in the sweeping play and straightening it up.

Defences hate it.

All Chad did last night was drift sideways in 2nd gear. Looking for a runner. All night.
We never looked like scoring.

Defences love it.

The Chad's best games are where he takes the line on.

He has the kicking game working, but cut this crap out or we go nowhere.

It's only Lewie's determination that allows Chad to get away with those sideways plays.
No Lewie and he looks foolish.