What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Pearce has been a major flop in Origin whilst being in great club form for many years. People now using club form to promote his selection in Origin make me laugh.
Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.
Pearce has had to play behind a badly beaten pack in origin.

Not to mention that over rated plodder Gallen always getting in the way and ruining the attack.

He is the form player of the competition and should be representing AUS in the ANZAC test, but Malcolm Meninga is a horrible person who doesn't like Wayne Pearce, so he's taking his anger out on Mitchell.

big hit!

Bench
Now Gals gone, I'd like to see Pearce get a go again in NSW without Farah also muddling and slowing shit up at acting half.

What I'm saying is let's select Jake Friend at #9. Nambour is in NSW isn't it?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Please God no.

The Pearce experience has left us all feeling worse than before it started.

Who would Qld want picked? Pearce every day of the week.

adamkungl

Immortal
Been waiting about 10 years for another 2 halves from NSW to play something resembling football and stay fit.

Maloney and...........?

If the team is picked on form then he'll be NSW half back. No doubt about it.

Shows how terrible the other options have been so far this year. I'm Adam Reynolds greatest fan and even I wouldn't pick him over Pearce at the moment.

On Sunday New Zealand's and Laos's number one half back, Shaun Johnson, will have a chance to test himself against New South Wales number one half back Mitchell Pearce.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Pearce is a very good club player,sadly never been able to make the leap to Origin level but in saying that i honestly can't think of anyone better than him in NSW who should get the Blues halfback spot.

We will lose Origin again regardless of who plays Halfback anyway.

DeeJ

Bench
Pearce is a very good club player,sadly never been able to make the leap to Origin level but in saying that i honestly can't think of anyone better than him in NSW who should get the Blues halfback spot.

The only other contender is Reynolds, who has been injured as of late. Pearce is the best option, luckily for QLD.

Silent Knight

First Grade
2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

Simply the best.

Mitchell Pearce is a half back, not a hooker.

We need to recognise that Mitchell Pearce has improved since his last SoO appearance. The dog simulation has focused his mind much better, and now he sees the opposition field strategy and positioning much better. Plus he has developed his sidestep very nicely, to complement his blistering acceleration.

Mitchell Pearce just outplayed the New Zealand and Laotian number one half back, Shaun "Magic" Johnson. This proves beyond doubt that Mitchell Pearce is the number 3 half back in the NRL and the world.

AJB1102

First Grade
QLD Origin coach endorsed him. Go for it!

Surely if ya throw him in enough times he's bound to jag a series, then we can listen to all his expert commentator mates like the John's brothers, Daley, ex-Tigers etc. tell us "told ya so!"

T-Boon

Coach
Corey Norman is also better than Pearce. As is Ash Taylor.
I am pleased Pearce has learned how to speak Dothraki but this doesn't make him an improved football player. He will get picked for NSW because Daley is brain dead. Pearce will say something about how he is "ready this time" or this time he "isn't listening to the critics" or "my heads never been in a better head space".

Last edited:

no name

Coach
He had 4 sets at the Warriors line in the last 10 minutes with the game in the balance.
He came up with 2 charged down field goal attempts, one kick dead and finally got a field goal.
If you f**k up 3 consecutive times in an Origin, you will be punished.
He had the perfect opportunity to prove he is a premier halfback and ice the game against a team that was determined to lose and failed miserably.

Latest posts