What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V NZ

Pomoz

Bench
Latu's a funny one. Everyone seems to have a different opinion. I almost think he's being too conservative at the moment. I'd personally be giving him more of a free reign to offload & use his skills.
Sure, w seemed to have given up on offloads but one led to a beautiful try for May. Mind you, it was the halfback not a forward. But Latu is making 7.5m a run at the moment. He needs to put some venom into what he is doing, He won't get space to offload and ball play because he isn't bending the line at all.

mxlegend99

Referee
Latu needs to roll up his sleeves and hit the line like RCG. save the offloads for when we have started to get through the line.

Browne will never ever bend the line. We can't carry 2 front rowers who make no metres after impact.

Its even more important with us trying to play fast and flat that we have front rowers who aren't soft. The offloads and short passes from Latu can come once we have defences retreating. Its a great skill to have. But he needs to do his front row work first to make it useful.

Just like Cartwright he needs to run at the line more and pick his moments for using his skillset better.

OldPanther

Coach
Latu needs to roll up his sleeves and hit the line like RCG. save the offloads for when we have started to get through the line.

Browne will never ever bend the line. We can't carry 2 front rowers who make no metres after impact.

Its even more important with us trying to play fast and flat that we have front rowers who aren't soft. The offloads and short passes from Latu can come once we have defences retreating. Its a great skill to have. But he needs to do his front row work first to make it useful.

Just like Cartwright he needs to run at the line more and pick his moments for using his skillset better.

It could be said any better than this in my opinion.

martielang

Bench
Our biggest issue this year is our pack isn't going forward. For him to do that we need Tamou and Browne to match RCG.

I agree with that but I think Latu gets his metres due to his unpredictability.

If Latu has a man on his inside or outside when he goes to the line & occasionally throws a short ball, I think the defenders hold off him more & he has a much better chance of getting 1v1 with them. At the moment he goes to the line & gets swamped by 3 defenders because we have no one going with him.

In saying that, for whatever reason most of our forwards are going to the line one out.

maple_69

Bench
The other option is May to lock. Doesn't mind throwing himself at the line and with Big Dill and Cleary starting to find some mojo up the middle it could be a nice variation.

I don't think we have a major issue going forward we just aren't stretching and disorganising defensive lines especially since the offloads have been out away.

I reckon Wallace needs to either earn his way back or wait for injury. Rein hasn't been world beating but he's offers more zip than Wallace.

Yeah maybe that is true but personally I still think we need Wallace at hooker. He's the kind of guy that can win you games with his inspirational defence. It's been forgotten he would have been playing Origin if not for his injury

franklin2323

Immortal
I mentioned it last week, Moylan is going pretty good with his move to 5/8 but he is demanding the ball to much, Cleary highlighted that tonight. He Needs to trust his teammates a bit more to create and pick the important times to handle rather than everyplay.
We are still crippled by our flat attack though, the back line is not being used at all. If we don't score through the middle or off kicks we don't score.
In saying all that I enjoyed that game a lot. Easily one of our strongest performances of the year ( not that we have had many).

Moylan is just learning to play 5/8th so not just his fault but Cleary needs to take over. If Cleary sees something happening then go to Moylan or if Cleary is having an off day or that side getting shut down then use Moylan.

franklin2323

Immortal
That opinion has nothing to do with Griffin, it's in defence of Browne. But if it was about Griffin How is it any different to you putting shit on Griffin for every decision he makes regardless of outcome?

You're right though, the reason he dropped Kikau was because he ran hard. Had nothing to do with the 10 errors he made in the last 5 games.

I agree if Browne plays he should start. Kikau's errors is why he is not in FG

Latest posts