What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Not yet. He mostly just has digs at the club for letting Gagai go

Does he ever have a go at Gags' missed tackles and lack of tries and try assists??? Or the fact that Aku Uate has finally found the try line again due to the fact that he now has a decent centre inside him???

I mean, what is it that Hags think Dane brings to this team but a giant hole in the cap?

Old dog

Juniors
Don't understand all this about Hagan, he may/did cause a lot of this but he has gone, hasn't he?, so why is he central to a lot of this? Let's move on.

Spot On

Coach
Don't understand all this about Hagan, he may/did cause a lot of this but he has gone, hasn't he?, so why is he central to a lot of this? Let's move on.

He has publicly given it to Brown for doing what he has had to do with the squad. That is, change the retention and recruitment philosophy Hagan had implemented and fix the incredibly huge mistakes Hagan made by handing a bunch of nuffies rep money to play firsts.

The philosophy was..... Knights player who would struggle to get a gig anywhere else would send manager into Hags to ask for new contract with the priviso the new contract must be worth X or the player would walk. Player gets new contract at massive overs. Or player already on top dollars plays like shit for 2 seasons, contract is soon to be up so manager is sent to Hags to get upgrade and extension or player will walk. Upgrade and extension granted.

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
I know it was his 1st game back and will cut him some slack but geez Graham was ordinary tonight.

Not so much in defence he had as much of a dig as anyone but he no longer takes meaningful hit ups. The amount of times he was 1st receiver and just shovelled it to the next guy rather than take on the line or god forbid take a f**king hit up and roll the sleeves up was plentiful.

Have to wonder whether it is coaching or his body just wont allow it anymore like Hodko. But Brown and Mooney are right to have reservations from what I saw tonight. Chase Klemmer instead.

Spot On

Coach
Then why would we seriously consider taking anyone other than Klemmer from there?

Don't know. I can understand some interest in Lichaa. It's possible he could have more game than he's been allowed to show. Mick Ennis has said as much about his own game when there.

Besides Lichaa (and Graham) who else have we shown interest towards?

Last edited:

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I'd take tolman for the right $. But he doesn't add much other than experience. Graham would be 3 times as much but would he be 3 times the impact?

macavity

Referee
The dogs have to let some players go. Wouldn't be surprised if the Morris boys get a farewell gift to move to England "for the experience"

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosh

Coach
I wonder if it's Hagan's ego or stupidity that we are seeing. How good has Brown been since he's been here. Build the squad first and then start winning games.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Vete, Kaufusi and Terepo would be my picks for off-contract props, without being confident any of them are going to be starter-worthy.

Gower is TERRIBLE...

I think our prop additions for next year are not on that list though. 6 teams will be over the projected cap and need to release players. We are the only team with serious cash left. We can afford to be making demands.
I dont think Gower is terrible, just underused and in the wrong position at Parra

Arthur has put him in the backrow coming off the bench and it doesnt suit his game. Hes been playing at lock for Wenty when not in 1sts and hes been going very well

He'd cost bugger all and would be good depth, which we are going to need

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
slotmachine on Ponga said:
LOL, when will people realise the Knights have nothing to offer quality players who have other options. Not even more money. If a big club wants Ponga they will leverage TPAs and ship off a few scrubs to us or the ESL in order to get him.

slotmachine on Watson said:
No it doesn't. The roosters (much like the Sharks and Maloney) will just say you've got a contract with us for 2018. The end.

slotmachine on Klemmer said:
Klemmer is just LOL, he's the last player they let go.

Let's hope the roll continues

Benji Marshall is offered a 100,000 again by bennett for next year.now i know we are chasing maloney but if that fails,who else is there to grab.could give benji a 1 yr with and 2nd year option in our favour so we will wait for a better player to come around down the track.he still playing fairly good footy and im sure even for depth a 200,000 would be a chump change with the amount coin we got saved up.