What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Bulldogs @ Pepper Stadium

betcats

Referee
Edwards definitely the best out there and Tamou had a good game too but credit to Wallace, really held us together at times, his unnoticed work in defence is very important.

Wallace had a couple dumb plays tonight but his kicking was a big help and his defence was awesome, the way he chopped that Elliot down was amazing, the guy had to go off cause of it.

mxlegend99

Referee
May 29:

What a difference two months make.
To some.

I always believed Edwards had something special that put him in a different class. No player is perfect. But he always tries to give everything no matter how pointless that might seem at the time. No other player at our club seems to have that. Least of all our forwards.

DWZ has those shockers in him too. Not often. But you can count on him for atleast one Will Smith like performance each year. 5 errors last night... he would deserve to be dropped if we had any other options.

Also I doubt he plays that badly two weeks in a row. Especially up against his brother

snickers007

Juniors
There was also a shocking call from the referee when the Dogs got a 20 metre 7 tackle set that should have been a changeover.

Correct decision from the referee.
The ball was knocked on and went dead. The greatest advantage to the non-offending team is the 20m restart.

When there are 2 breaches by the same team, it's not first offence - but worst offence.

OldPanther

Coach
Correct decision from the referee.
The ball was knocked on and went dead. The greatest advantage to the non-offending team is the 20m restart.

When there are 2 breaches by the same team, it's not first offence - but worst offence.

That's not true at all. It should have been a hand over at the 10.

franklin2323

Immortal
DWZ, Cleary had their worst game probably ever. Luckily Edwards and Peachey had their best.

To be expected a scratchy win. A few missed chances from us made the score closer. DWZ dropped 2 clear tries another Edwards stopped just short.May looked dangerous in the 2nd half

DWZ, Cleary had their worst game probably ever. Luckily Edwards and Peachey had their best.

To be expected a scratchy win. A few missed chances from us made the score closer. DWZ dropped 2 clear tries another Edwards stopped just short.May looked dangerous in the 2nd half

Peach bombed a try with a awful pass. Can just tell he hates passing to his winger

franklin2323

Immortal
Bit optimistic. We scored two of the luckiest tries you'll ever see. They contributed 10 of our 16 points.

Sure I agree Blake bombed one but considering the other two were just pure luck? Still overall poor imo.

Look at the lead up to those tries though May threw a great pass to get Peachey into space for his try. Good ball work for the 1st try Peachey straightens up Mansour scores. May and Cleary both put DWZ into space for him to drop it. Another occasion Edwards stopped before the line. The Peachey pass knocked down to unmarked Mansour.

My point is plenty of half chances we probably take if we are on our game. Bulldogs defence and short turnaround troubled us

chrisD

Coach
We were a step down from average and two up from trash. One out ball then pass it to the centers on the last. Genius stuff.

franklin2323

Immortal
To some.

I always believed Edwards had something special that put him in a different class. No player is perfect. But he always tries to give everything no matter how pointless that might seem at the time. No other player at our club seems to have that. Least of all our forwards.

DWZ has those shockers in him too. Not often. But you can count on him for atleast one Will Smith like performance each year. 5 errors last night... he would deserve to be dropped if we had any other options.

Also I doubt he plays that badly two weeks in a row. Especially up against his brother

TMM was MOTM last game for NQ too. So it wasn't like we had a bad number 6 early on too. Whatever happened there we won't know but TMM not in 6 was more the issue for me

snickers007

Juniors
That's not true at all. It should have been a hand over at the 10.

It's the textbook definition of advantage:

NRL Rule Book - Glossary said:
allowing the advantage means allowing play to proceed if it is to the advantage of the team which has not committed an offence or infringement.

Play continued, the ball went dead, Bulldogs received a 20m restart with 7 tackles, instead of a 10m play the ball with 6 tackles.

Which option is more advantageous to the Bulldogs?

betcats

Referee
Peach bombed a try with a awful pass. Can just tell he hates passing to his winger

The pass that was knocked down when we got six again? Waqa bombed a try, had a huge overlap and didn't even look to pass, catch pass and we score easily instead he tried to run without even thinking about passing. It was much worse than Peacheys pass getting knocked down.

franklin2323

Immortal

Our centres don't get the ball and when the do. They do dumb things he was involved coming off our line and strong in defence. It is what I use to rate our centres until we use them more. Hopefully Peachey is lock next week

GongPanther

Referee
I didn't think the game was that bad. It was a tough, grinding style of game, which is the kind of game that the Bulldogs force oppositions to play. The Bulldogs might have the worst attack in the competition but they also have one of the best defences, so it was unrealistic to expect we'd blow them off the park.

There was plenty of effort there from the Dogs and other than not having much in attack I thought they played well. Possession was 50/50 and they made more meters than us and we made more tackles than them. They threw a lot of offloads - clearly they were playing for their season and chancing their arm in an effort to try to score more points but we kept shutting them down.

I thought we were patient in attack and didn't do anything stupid. I thought we also looked more organised in attack again with Clearly running the show.

Our discipline was good and we didn't give away penalties at crucial times in the game.

The only real negative for me was that DWZ had a bad night, in an otherwise good season for him.

There was also a shocking call from the referee when the Dogs got a 20 metre 7 tackle set that should have been a changeover.
Irrelevant posting deleted.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
It's the textbook definition of advantage:

Play continued, the ball went dead, Bulldogs received a 20m restart with 7 tackles, instead of a 10m play the ball with 6 tackles.

Which option is more advantageous to the Bulldogs?

So we could of picked it up and scored? the play is dead once we knock on

betcats

Referee
I've noticed our halves have had to clean up a few grubbers the last few weeks I wonder why? Lol people used to blow up at Moylan for that calling him soft and lazy etc, they are obviously coached to defend that way close to the line.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
A game as though as this will put us in good stead for the tougher stuff later on.But it's those errors in our game which we need to correct.

I don't think the game was tough at all. It was close, mainly due to the ineptitude of both sides in attack rather than any great display of effort or skill.

GongPanther

Referee
I don't think the game was tough at all. It was close, mainly due to the ineptitude of both sides in attack rather than any great display of effort or skill.
Yes I agree not physically,but it wasn't easy against a side that really showed up with a good forward pack. We showed enough gumption to keep them scoreless for the 2nd half.

54-8 over two games V the Dogs,we should happy with that effort.