What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Bulldogs @ Pepper Stadium

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We just need more second phase play - the offloads have been shelved for the moment. Might be part of the game plan to bust them out now. Let's see.

I mean, it doesn't make sense to try and arm wrestle the Dogs. We should be using our speed and ball skills to wipe them out.

betcats

Referee
f**k me we have won some ugly games of footy this year. Every now and then Dallin has a game that makes me think "yeah he's just a winger" lol.

Carty looks good in the middle. Edwards is a great player and May looks good too.

Dogs put a lot more pressure on Cleary than the warriors did but he handled it well, we did lose our way once or twice but that's gonna happen with any halves.

mxlegend99

Referee
Anyone who ught DWZ should have been fullback before Edwards. Look at this game.
Anyone who thinks Moylan should still be fullback... look at this game.

Edwards is the best fullback at our club by miles. Moylan at 5/8th improves us too. He doesnt hold Cleary back. He wasnt there tonight and we missed him.

DWZ was terrible tonight. Looked dangerous but ultimately cost us more than he helped us... was it 4 ot 5 errors?

Panther Pete

Juniors
A win is a win and I and I am happy to get the two points but gee that was an average performance. If we play like that against a decent side they will put fifty on us.

betcats

Referee
I've never seen a footy team that makes the mistakes we do so regularly as a team. It's not really one player in particular but there's always these ridiculous errors.

martielang

Bench
Wasn't pretty but a wins a win.

Defence was very solid other then the one lapse. They didn't throw a whole lot at us but they had plenty of chances too and we shut them down.

I think with Moylan missing and a slippery night we set up to play conservatively. When DWZ held the ball I don't think our execution was that bad, Our plan was just to play boring safe football.

Our attitude has turned 180 since Souths. We're playing tough and not dropping our heads when things go against us.

Doomednow

Bench
Edwards great. Cleary ok. Tamou improvement. Mansour getting back up there. Dickfingers Watene-Zelezniak.

Our defense is often really f**king lazy and we barely even try to stop offloads. Our 5th tackle options still pretty awful.

I really feel like some better coaching would correct this.

mxlegend99

Referee
Have we extended Edwards yet? I remember the rumours we were after letting Hiku go. But did that happen?

Because he is our best player in the back 3. Not quiet as good as Mansour or DWZ in some areas. But better all rounder than both. I seriously believe we arent anywhere near finals talk if he wasnt brought up when he was.

tripster

Juniors
I didn't think the game was that bad. It was a tough, grinding style of game, which is the kind of game that the Bulldogs force oppositions to play. The Bulldogs might have the worst attack in the competition but they also have one of the best defences, so it was unrealistic to expect we'd blow them off the park.

There was plenty of effort there from the Dogs and other than not having much in attack I thought they played well. Possession was 50/50 and they made more meters than us and we made more tackles than them. They threw a lot of offloads - clearly they were playing for their season and chancing their arm in an effort to try to score more points but we kept shutting them down.

I thought we were patient in attack and didn't do anything stupid. I thought we also looked more organised in attack again with Clearly running the show.

Our discipline was good and we didn't give away penalties at crucial times in the game.

The only real negative for me was that DWZ had a bad night, in an otherwise good season for him.

There was also a shocking call from the referee when the Dogs got a 20 metre 7 tackle set that should have been a changeover.

Edwards definitely the best out there and Tamou had a good game too but credit to Wallace, really held us together at times, his unnoticed work in defence is very important.

OldPanther

Coach
I gained confidence from that game. They showed composure and were using strong runs in the middle to create overlaps. 1 was knocked down by Dogs, 1 Blake didn't pass and 1 became the DWZ try. Much better.