What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R24 Fri - Broncos 24-12 Dragons @ Suncorp

Round 24: Broncos v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Dragons still have a pretty good f/a. They arent dead yet. Especially if we beat the panthers. (We wont)

insert.pause

First Grade
Broncos were dreadful, tried to score off every play, 44% possession 24/32 completions, 8 penalties conceded, 11 errors, 40 missed tackles. They think they are still playing the Titans, against decent sides they are going to struggle.

Big Pete

Referee
The Dragons excelled in every facet except for their set-plays and structures. Their ability to contest the ruck and their kicking game (well...Widdop's kicking game) were all on point, it was just the interchange of passing that let them down. If they had have just committed to a basic gameplan of getting their fringe runners 1-1 with the halves and tried to play the Broncos through the middle they would have been successful. I just don't understand the logic of relying on Dufty's passing game - he's a runner of the football, try and get him running off of De Belin, Ah Mau, Lafai etc. who have that second phase in their arsenal.

The one passage of the game where the Dragons were on top was testament to that. I forget who it was, but they popped an offload, Dufty threatened to split through Boyd and Milford and suddenly the Dragons were right back on top when it looked like the Broncos were going to run away with it.

As disappointing as that all is, Dragons fans, what's the word on Zac Lomax? He's been killing it in the 20s, he looks like a genuine superstar talent, how long will it take the Dragons to give him a shot?

This Year?

Immortal
You have a better f/a than every team competing for 8. Yeah your season has gone off the rails but if the Raiders beat the panthers you have a chance to overtake the panthers the week after

It ain't happening. We can;t beat Penrith away and cant beat Canterbury. I'll be surprised if we win another game in 2017.

GongPanther

Referee
Broncos were dreadful, tried to score off every play, 44% possession 24/32 completions, 8 penalties conceded, 11 errors, 40 missed tackles. They think they are still playing the Titans, against decent sides they are going to struggle.
I think it was more of the Dragons putting everything into this game and it was I think treated by them as intensive as a semi final.

Summing it up,those two Dooges screw ups IMO were the difference. Had they had not happened,the Dragons win by 6.

ed-grimley

Bench
That means they'll probably win the GF.

This Year?

Immortal
Now that we're no chance of making the finals I expect all the usual suspects to come out and put in the slipper.

some11

Referee
Broncos just going through the motions tonight.

Only highlight was seeing Jack Bird at the game, must be house hunting.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The Dragons excelled in every facet except for their set-plays and structures. Their ability to contest the ruck and their kicking game (well...Widdop's kicking game) were all on point, it was just the interchange of passing that let them down. If they had have just committed to a basic gameplan of getting their fringe runners 1-1 with the halves and tried to play the Broncos through the middle they would have been successful. I just don't understand the logic of relying on Dufty's passing game - he's a runner of the football, try and get him running off of De Belin, Ah Mau, Lafai etc. who have that second phase in their arsenal.

The one passage of the game where the Dragons were on top was testament to that. I forget who it was, but they popped an offload, Dufty threatened to split through Boyd and Milford and suddenly the Dragons were right back on top when it looked like the Broncos were going to run away with it.

As disappointing as that all is, Dragons fans, what's the word on Zac Lomax? He's been killing it in the 20s, he looks like a genuine superstar talent, how long will it take the Dragons to give him a shot?
With Mary as coach, expect to see Lomax debut on his 36th birthday.

Big Pete

Referee
Just to paint a picture, here's the middle forwards...

Broncos
Sims - 5 Runs (19m), 13 Tackles (1 Missed)
Blair - 8 Runs (38m), 35 Tackles (3 Missed)
Ese'ese - 8 Runs (89m), 15 Tackles (3 Missed)

Dragons
Sims - 15 Runs (136m), 31 Tackles (2 Missed)
Vaughan - 20 Runs (172m), 27 Tackles (1 Missed)
Ah Mau 13 Runs (131m), 20 Tackles (1 Missed)

The Dragons were all over them in the middle.

Now look at this...

Dugan - 9 Runs (44m), 19 Tackles (5 Missed), 4 Errors.

Piss weak.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I couldn't believe my eyes at first as the Broncos for once didn't get the calls for the first time in a long time.

Then I realised the ref was Cecchin and I knew of course the calls were going against Brisbane as Cecchin loves St George. He loves gives them so many leg ups....... I have lost count of the times he's done it.......

In fact the Dragons have been getting very good calls their way this past month and I find it funny it still ain't making a difference.........

THE CHAMP

First Grade
lucky the dragons were at home tonight or it could have got very ugly.......................oh wait

Bronco18

Juniors
Not sure if it's been mentioned BUT:

How can McGuire be penalised for hitting Dugan head high, Dugan stays down pretending to be concussed or in too much pain to move or whatever and he's not marched for a HIA?

Like, what more would be an indicator of concussion than not moving on the ground after copping a head knock?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not sure if it's been mentioned BUT:

How can McGuire be penalised for hitting Dugan head high, Dugan stays down pretending to be concussed or in too much pain to move or whatever and he's not marched for a HIA?

Like, what more would be an indicator of concussion than not moving on the ground after copping a head knock?
You've had so many calls all year that I think you guys need to say ok we have had one go against us which is perfectly fine considering what's happened as I said...