What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you most looking forward to in 2018 ?

SaintPauli

Juniors
An improvement on this year with addition of Hunt and Graham and our junior outside backs pressing for 1st Grade. 2018 can't start soon enough.

to_ddeath

Coach
1. Not going to ANZ for "home" games.
2. Not having to suffer through Josh McGroan anymore.
3. Knowing in advance that I can go to most of our games in the first half of the season, & that the remainder of the season will be a let down so I won't have to bother....
4. No longer seeing Scumulla referred to as "defending premiers".

T.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
My big one is no more McCrone and having a proper No.7. Should make a massive difference.

I really hope they get their poor attitude sorted as well (coach and players that is). They are not as good as they think and because of that lost to Knights. Dogs and Titans which cost them a top 8. Once you heard them say "we ONLY need to win ## games" you knew they were going to screw it up.

Hopefully the disappointment motivates them for a big year.

Dragon66

Juniors
I looking forward to the team playing with some structure and passion, that does not include five predictable hit-ups and a kick to the fullback on the 20 metre line.

I look forward to our centres making more than one clean break once every three or four weeks. Am I asking too much?

I look forward to the halves swinging the ball wide, early in the tackle count to a backline standing deep and running onto the ball.

I look forward to AhMau, Thompson and Vaughn to at least look like they may have an opportunity for some second phase play. Sad to see the skill level coached out of them.
I look forward to Frizz, JDB and Graham making our forward pack LESS predictable.

I look forward to our wingers scoring tries from further out then the 10 metre line.

I look forward to Nighty (who I still think has plenty to offer) getting the opportunities from our centres like he used to get playing outside Gasnier.
I look forward to NOT seeing a soft log like McDonald playing 1st grade - surely we have somebody better than having to watch his slow motion efforts all year. And if he has been playing injured - then who do we blame - the Coach, of course!

I look forward to Dufty moving to the next level, with a game plan that allows him time and space to use his undoubted pace to sprint through gaps in the opposition defence.

But most of all I look forward to a Coach that can coach the team to maximise it's skill set, motivate the players to play to their potential, but most of all has some idea how to use all the bench players how and when it matters, and not per a pre-game structured timetable.

gregstar

Referee
I also look forward to the admins pulling their weight a little more.

Steve in particular has been really disappointing this season.

SEAT 1A

Bench
The Charity Shield. It's a good trial gamemeans kick off is not to far away.

A few beers, pull on the Red V and of course, Ben Hunt, Graham and Dufty.

denis preston

First Grade
I looking forward to the team playing with some structure and passion, that does not include five predictable hit-ups and a kick to the fullback on the 20 metre line.

I look forward to our centres making more than one clean break once every three or four weeks. Am I asking too much?

I look forward to the halves swinging the ball wide, early in the tackle count to a backline standing deep and running onto the ball.

I look forward to AhMau, Thompson and Vaughn to at least look like they may have an opportunity for some second phase play. Sad to see the skill level coached out of them.
I look forward to Frizz, JDB and Graham making our forward pack LESS predictable.

I look forward to our wingers scoring tries from further out then the 10 metre line.

I look forward to Nighty (who I still think has plenty to offer) getting the opportunities from our centres like he used to get playing outside Gasnier.
I look forward to NOT seeing a soft log like McDonald playing 1st grade - surely we have somebody better than having to watch his slow motion efforts all year. And if he has been playing injured - then who do we blame - the Coach, of course!

I look forward to Dufty moving to the next level, with a game plan that allows him time and space to use his undoubted pace to sprint through gaps in the opposition defence.

But most of all I look forward to a Coach that can coach the team to maximise it's skill set, motivate the players to play to their potential, but most of all has some idea how to use all the bench players how and when it matters, and not per a pre-game structured timetable.

Dragon , don't you remember how many times Gypsy was burned for pace in defense this year. He won't be any faster. We need to change both wingers. If we can't buy them give some of the youngsters a go.

Maxwell

Juniors
I am looking forward to xmas 2018 so then we will be writing here what a f**k of a year we had and we want Mary sacked along with Doust.