What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
With may out for the start of next season we cant afford to let moylan go without replacing him with a big name maloney was on the cards but sharks wont let him go without a decent replacement we better not be doing a swap deal with manly and getting blake green that will do me think id prefer cartwright at 5/8
Blake Green is going to NZ 100%

mxlegend99

Referee
Well Gus our club both have zero credibility as it is. They flat out lie to us about players future at the club.

First TMM. Then Moylan. I said after tge TMM incident they lost credibility. Not even 6 months later and the same shit is happening with Moylan.

TheFrog

Coach
First TMM. Then Moylan. I said after tge TMM incident they lost credibility. Not even 6 months later and the same shit is happening with Moylan.
To be fair there were really no other options with TMM but to be sparing with the truth. They were protecting people's privacy.

betcats

Referee
To be fair there were really no other options with TMM but to be sparing with the truth. They were protecting people's privacy.

Say nothing. They made a point of coming out and saying the opposite to what eventuated, it didn't stop speculation or rumours from swirling so what was the point?

mxlegend99

Referee
Say nothing. They made a point of coming out and saying the opposite to what eventuated, it didn't stop speculation or rumours from swirling so what was the point?
Exactly. Its stupid to flat out deny something that is true and that will be proven true shortly after you deny it.

Just shutup a nd let the true rumours circulate. Less harm done IMO

betcats

Referee
Exactly. Its stupid to flat out deny something that is true and that will be proven true shortly after you deny it.

Just shutup a nd let the true rumours circulate. Less harm done IMO

To me, making that statement in the hope it might somehow have a little benefit for the team means they don't think much of the fans.

OldPanther

Coach
https://out.reddit.com/t3_711sjk?ur...ktisgQAEzpYs4ofuRPZp-jTWn&app_name=reddit.com

"Garth Brennan says he's ready for the NRL, whether it's on the Gold Coast or with Warrington:

GARTH Brennan has declared he is ready to coach in the NRL, and while he has been in contact with Super League club Warrington, he is yet to be interviewed for the Gold Coast Titans vacancy.

As he prepares to take Penrith into Sunday’s NSW Cup grand final against Wyong, Brennan told The Daily Telegraph: “I’m ready. I’ve done my time. My CV and record shows I’m ready for the NRL.

“I’ve had success wherever I’ve coached. There’s one last thing I want to do and that’s coach at the highest level.
“I’ve spoken to Warrington, and as far as the Titans are concerned, I think they’re still going through the whole ownership process, and I’m not sure if the owner or coach will come first.

“I can’t get caught up with what the Titans or Warrington are doing.

“I can only control what’s happening at Penrith. I want to prepare the boys the best way possible for Sunday, and if the results go our way, that will only benefit my CV again.’’
Brennan dropped out of the race for the Newcastle top job in 2014 to remain as an assistant at Penrith.

Matty Johns told his Triple M listeners last month Brennan should be the man to replace dumped Neil Henry at the Titans, while Panthers boss Gus Gould told The Daily Telegraph at the time: “Garth is a great communicator, and he’s been a big part of the development of all these kids.
“He’s great with blokes of all ages — he deals with blokes from 16 to 36, and deals with them well — and he’s very valuable to us.’’

Meanwhile, Brennan will head into the reserve grade decider at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday afternoon without the help from any NRL stars, including Tyrone May and Dylan Edwards who were both eligible to play.

May has suffered an ACL injury that will rule him out of the start of next season, while Edwards ‘’aggravated his medial ligament on Friday and risked doing his ACL if he kept playing’’, said Brennan.

Moses Leota was also eligible, but been forced to undergo a sinus operation this week.

Wyong are trained by Rip Taylor, a good friend of Brennan’s who will be hoping the Roosters’ feeder club can break the hearts of Panthers fans a second straight week.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Does anyone know what's happening with Sam Mckendry? If he's not playing with us next year, Id be keen to say us sign Jacob Lillyman, who is currently with out a contract next year.

Be a good solid signing.

betcats

Referee
https://out.reddit.com/t3_711sjk?url=http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/panthers/penrith-panthers-nsw-cup-coach-garth-brennan-says-hes-ready-for-a-chance-in-the-nrl/news-story/fff2182bdbff5c07e1aaf6e92f50f73d&token=AQAA04bBWWwbeCV8x1L2EgpLVDTktisgQAEzpYs4ofuRPZp-jTWn&app_name=reddit.com

"Garth Brennan says he's ready for the NRL, whether it's on the Gold Coast or with Warrington:

GARTH Brennan has declared he is ready to coach in the NRL, and while he has been in contact with Super League club Warrington, he is yet to be interviewed for the Gold Coast Titans vacancy.

As he prepares to take Penrith into Sunday’s NSW Cup grand final against Wyong, Brennan told The Daily Telegraph: “I’m ready. I’ve done my time. My CV and record shows I’m ready for the NRL.

“I’ve had success wherever I’ve coached. There’s one last thing I want to do and that’s coach at the highest level.
“I’ve spoken to Warrington, and as far as the Titans are concerned, I think they’re still going through the whole ownership process, and I’m not sure if the owner or coach will come first.

“I can’t get caught up with what the Titans or Warrington are doing.

“I can only control what’s happening at Penrith. I want to prepare the boys the best way possible for Sunday, and if the results go our way, that will only benefit my CV again.’’
Brennan dropped out of the race for the Newcastle top job in 2014 to remain as an assistant at Penrith.

Matty Johns told his Triple M listeners last month Brennan should be the man to replace dumped Neil Henry at the Titans, while Panthers boss Gus Gould told The Daily Telegraph at the time: “Garth is a great communicator, and he’s been a big part of the development of all these kids.
“He’s great with blokes of all ages — he deals with blokes from 16 to 36, and deals with them well — and he’s very valuable to us.’’

Meanwhile, Brennan will head into the reserve grade decider at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday afternoon without the help from any NRL stars, including Tyrone May and Dylan Edwards who were both eligible to play.

May has suffered an ACL injury that will rule him out of the start of next season, while Edwards ‘’aggravated his medial ligament on Friday and risked doing his ACL if he kept playing’’, said Brennan.

Moses Leota was also eligible, but been forced to undergo a sinus operation this week.

Wyong are trained by Rip Taylor, a good friend of Brennan’s who will be hoping the Roosters’ feeder club can break the hearts of Panthers fans a second straight week.

He has a better resume than Anthony Griffin. Devastated we are going to lose him.

Copperhead

Juniors
https://out.reddit.com/t3_711sjk?url=http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/panthers/penrith-panthers-nsw-cup-coach-garth-brennan-says-hes-ready-for-a-chance-in-the-nrl/news-story/fff2182bdbff5c07e1aaf6e92f50f73d&token=AQAA04bBWWwbeCV8x1L2EgpLVDTktisgQAEzpYs4ofuRPZp-jTWn&app_name=reddit.com

Panthers boss Gus Gould told The Daily Telegraph at the time: “Garth is a great communicator, and he’s been a big part of the development of all these kids.
having said that though, he's free to take off any time he likes, while we continue on with this plodder who can ruin the squad Garth has spent 4 years developing.

OldPanther

Coach
having said that though, he's free to take off any time he likes, while we continue on with this plodder who can ruin the squad Garth has spent 4 years developing.

Yep. There idiots. Just give him the job instead of Griffin. He seems like a good coach and developed most of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.