What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney is Red, White and Blue

beave

Coach
6127bb8163f0bba9d09b7692eefe7744.jpg
The French

Chickens by name.

Chickens by nature.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I think that almost every year.

Then every year I watch.

The year I refused to watch was 1999 just after the Super League crap had settled down a bit, I could not be bothered watching a super league side playing a merged NRL side, so I went to a club that wasn't showing any sport and won $2,000 so I had a great day, on the way home I saw two Melbourne supporters walking along the street and they looked dejected so I just assumed the Saint Steelers had won, it was so funny when I saw the news though and how it panned out, still not sad I didn't watch it though.
Last years Grand Final I only saw the last 5 minutes also and I wasn't upset I missed the match, every other Grand Final I have watched or been at since at least 1972 [ apart from the Super League one in 1997]

adamkungl

Immortal
The sad thing is with this thread Kungl is the fact that us NQers would never find the need to resort to pointless PR stunts to garner headlines for support..........

Hopefully Malcolm Turnbull gets to the game on Saturday and fence-sits about who he's supporting even though he claims to be a Roosters fan while awkwardly sipping a... whats this thing called... a larger? Oh "lager" got it.

Fangs

Coach
Of course Turnbull would be a Roosters fan.

Sums it up really. Anyone with a shred of decency will back the Cows this weekend.

adamkungl

Immortal
What do I care if you enjoy backing a loser. I've given you countless reasons to get on board. Gluttons for punishment.

pantherz9103

First Grade
You did that to yourselves you traitor! Its not our fault that you were disloyal and ran to sewer league.

Even if I scrap that reason, there's still another thousand other ones to dislike the Roosters.

Mind you, why even care, do you really want to be liked anyway?... Thought you'd be used to it by now.

pantherz9103

First Grade
FMD, has there ever been a fan base so salty about a grand final.... that they won?

I know it was the last time Penrith were relevant but move on, we have.

It's not that we haven't moved on, it's just that when a thread or even the NRL itself this week try to put out propaganda to tell me to cheer for the Roosters as Sydney's last remaining team, all the memories of why I'd rather drink bleach than ever support the Roosters come flooding back....

This Year?

Immortal
Safe to say every Sydney and NSW RL fan is behind the Roosters to take out premiership number 14 and salvage some dignity for the failing state of NSW.

If you're somehow still on the fence (who are these people though??) here are 5 reasons to get behind The People's Team for the next 2 weeks!

1. It's NSW v QLD. Letting those maroon merkins notch up another win on the board is something I know the good people of Canterbury, Penrith and Cronulla won't stand for.

2. It's ARL v SL. Not the first time Roosters have had to save Rugby League and likely won't be the last, and Sydney appreciates it. The fine upstanding fans of Parra, Souths, St George-Illawarra, Manly, Wests, and Newcastle are all behind the mighty tricolours to stick it Ruperts pet clubs once again.

3. It's Foundation Clubs vs Corporate Blow-In "Franchises". 1 team scraped together from the ashes of SL, 1 team who started it, and 1 team who sold out at the first chance. 3 Cheap Americanised mascots. 3 soulless bland entities. Sydney fans respect history. None moreso than Souths and Wests, who will be standing together with their fellow Foundation Club in the next 2 weeks.

4. It's the Good Guys of Rugby League vs the Cheats and Scoundrels. We all know what Melbourne have done and continue to benefit from. We all know the Broncos have brought Rugby League to its knees and continue to abuse it. And the Cowboys have always treated any loss as a conspiracy. These 3 clubs are the Enemies of Sydney Rugby League. Sydney fans won't cop these dirtbags tainting our Grand Final.

5. It's Sydney v The Rest. A win for the Roosters is proof for all of us that Sydney stands tall against all challengers. Proof that Sydney is the one true heartland of Rugby League. Whether they are QLDers, Super Leaguers, Corporate Leeches or Cheats, Sydney will strike them all down together.

Sydney fans rise up for the Roosters!

I couldn't care less against the Roosters unless they are going up against Broncos/Storm.

GongPanther

Referee
The one that is full of foreigners fighting for the French? The one that if you serve a qualifying period you get to live your days out in a French chateu?

Never heard of it.

Wonder if Jason Smith lives there??.....

Not FULL of foreigners.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't mind the roosters so even though I'm on the cowboys tonight I'll likely go for them if they make the GF.

It probably helps that like most Sydneysiders I don't actually know any roosters fans so won't be copping shit from anyone.

Hutty1986

Immortal
It's amazing the chooks are a win away from a grand final with an absolute dud like Mythchell in the #7