What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Bears/Nth Sydney/Gosford

Stallion

First Grade
The Bears don't come into the equation, they're irrelevant, they're not in the NRL anymore and they very likely never will be again, they've got nothing to do with anything.

Yet you want to stop a club from using colours that a dead club used to have and want them to pick up two of the most common colours in the comp and that definitely clash with at least two clubs that are still around today .
All the while you have the gall to claim that changing back to their old colour scheme which clashes with tons of clubs would make the Warriors more distinctive!

It makes no sense, none what so ever, your reasoning is atrocious, and anytime that somebody counters any of your claims you just ignore them and bring up something irrelevant.

Your are colour blind if you think any club has got the combination of red,green,blue & white. No club have all those colours in their strip! And the Warriors when they entered the NRL did!

The Great Dane

First Grade
Your are colour blind if you think any club has got the combination of red,green,blue & white. No club have all those colours in their strip! And the Warriors when they entered the NRL did!

Dodging again.

You cannot deny that the original Warriors jersey designs clash more with Bulldogs, Roosters, and even some Cowboys jerseys, then the current Warriors jerseys, which only clash with the Tigers jerseys on occasion, and even then they are still more distinguishable then a Bulldogs and Warriors clash can be.

So instead of running off on another tangent, why don't you go back a respond to some of the points that have been brought up in this thread that counter your views and actually address them.

Stallion

First Grade
Dodging again.

You cannot deny that the original Warriors jersey designs clash more with Bulldogs, Roosters, and even some Cowboys jerseys, then the current Warriors jerseys, which only clash with the Tigers jerseys on occasion, and even then they are still more distinguishable then a Bulldogs and Warriors clash can be.

So instead of running off on another tangent, why don't you go back a respond to some of the points that have been brought up in this thread that counter your views and actually address them.

Lol. As im a Roosters fan I dont recall any colour clash? The ROOSTERS have never had green in their strip. Nor the Bulldogs? You are quite a waste of space aren't you! Its you that have been twisting this 'colour' theme. So the North Sydney Bears are now not a factor? So much disrespect! Cop it on the chin champ. You are way too much off the mark!

Lol. As im a Roosters fan I dont recall any colour clash? The ROOSTERS have never had green in their strip. Nor the Bulldogs? You are quite a waste of space aren't you! Its you that have been twisting this 'colour' theme. So the North Sydney Bears are now not a factor? So much disrespect! Cop it on the chin champ. You are way too much off the mark!
But they have had yellow... pee stains on couch...

The Great Dane

First Grade

One of these things is not like the others!

new-zealand-warriors-jersey-2016-2017-2018.jpg
Canterbury_Bulldogs_2017_Home_Jersey_159s_m_l_xl_2xl.jpg
Sydney_Roosters_2017_Home_Jersey_159_s_m_l_xl_2xl_3xl_189_4xl_5xl_7xl.jpg

By the way, since brands should never change and tradition and all that, why aren't you trying to convince the Roosters to go back to/incorporate sky blue?

Stallion

First Grade
One of these things is not like the others!

new-zealand-warriors-jersey-2016-2017-2018.jpg
Canterbury_Bulldogs_2017_Home_Jersey_159s_m_l_xl_2xl.jpg
Sydney_Roosters_2017_Home_Jersey_159_s_m_l_xl_2xl_3xl_189_4xl_5xl_7xl.jpg

By the way, since brands should never change and tradition and all that, why aren't you trying to convince the Roosters to go back to/incorporate sky blue?

Amazingly innept observation. Looking at the Warriors jumper the green is distinct and no other jumper hsd it in the color combinations shown! Thats a unique colour combination in my books! The Roosters have mostly worn navy blue , red & white. The sky blue was worn due to a shortage in supply of navy blue fabric during WW2.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Amazingly innept observation. Looking at the Warriors jumper the green is distinct and no other jumper hsd it in the color combinations shown! Thats a unique colour combination in my books!

Are you honestly saying that the "retro" Warriors jersey is more of a contrast with the Dogs and Rort jerseys then the modern black one because of that tiny little bit of green!? Seriously!

I know that you have no credibility and that I'm beating a dead horse trying to get you to be rational and reasonable, but that's just absurd.

Besides I looked into the rumours and supposedly the Auckland RL isn't talking about changing the colours to the old Auckland Warriors scheme, they're talking about changing them to the regional representative colours of Auckland, so something like this old Auckland RL jersey-
1994-auckland-bnwt-new-rugby-league-shirt-adults-xl-7074-p.jpeg

Or maybe like the old Auckland Vulcans' scheme (just blue and white), both of which clash even more then the old Warriors scheme and have no green in the scheme whats so ever, which isn't surprising in the least because like I mentioned earlier that green wasn't even in the equation because that was DB bitters' green and not the Warriors green because they sell colours in their colour scheme as part of their major sponsorship deal.

The Roosters have mostly worn navy blue , red & white. The sky blue was worn due to a shortage in supply of navy blue fabric during WW2.

Well no shit Sherlock.

I didn't ask why the Roosters wore sky blue, I asked why you don't hold them to the same standards as you do the rest of the competition and demand that they maintain sky blue in their colour scheme to some degree.

Stallion

First Grade
Are you honestly saying that the "retro" Warriors jersey is more of a contrast with the Dogs and Rort jerseys then the modern black one because of that tiny little bit of green!? Seriously!

I know that you have no credibility and that I'm beating a dead horse trying to get you to be rational and reasonable, but that's just absurd.

Besides I looked into the rumours and supposedly the Auckland RL isn't talking about changing the colours to the old Auckland Warriors scheme, they're talking about changing them to the regional representative colours of Auckland, so something like this old Auckland RL jersey-
1994-auckland-bnwt-new-rugby-league-shirt-adults-xl-7074-p.jpeg

Or maybe like the old Auckland Vulcans' scheme (just blue and white), both of which clash even more then the old Warriors scheme and have no green in the scheme whats so ever, which isn't surprising in the least because like I mentioned earlier that green wasn't even in the equation because that was DB bitters' green and not the Warriors green because they sell colours in their colour scheme as part of their major sponsorship deal.

Well no shit Sherlock.

I didn't ask why the Roosters wore sky blue, I asked why you don't hold them to the same standards as you do the rest of the competition and demand that they maintain sky blue in their colour scheme to some degree.

Then as far as the green or whatever other colour, I suggest something that is unique would be a good idea!
And the Roosters information answered your question you idiot!
Sorry but you are not comprehending and I have reiterated points you haven't awakened to constantly. The penny certainly does not drop with you!

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Then as far as the green or whatever other colour, I suggest something that is unique would be a good idea!

Unique, maybe like red and black!

No it doesn't, it doesn't answer the question at all.

So again, why don't you hold the Roosters to the same standards that you hold the rest of the competition and demand that they maintain sky blue in their colour scheme to some degree?

At one point the Roosters main colour was sky blue, you say that the history and tradition of Sydney clubs must be "respected" (to use your word) and maintained at all costs, but at the same time this piece of the Roosters history doesn't need to be respected and maintained it can join the history books with the other pieces of history that for some reason aren't important enough to maintain (Glebe, Annandale, Uni, Cumberland, the Berries, the Blue bags, the Dragon Slayers, the chocolate soldiers, etc, etc), so why?

So why is it that it's the end of the world if RL grows out of somethings (like the Bears, rationalising Sydney, the Warriors original bloody colour scheme, etc), yet it wasn't the end of the world when it grew out of other things, like sky blue being the colour that the Roosters had to use in their colour scheme at one time.

Sorry but you are not comprehending and I have reiterated points you haven't awakened to constantly. The penny certainly does not drop with you!

It's pretty hard to comprehend incomprehensible babbling, with no rational reasoning to back it up.
Because even if you do have reasoning as to why things should be or are the way you claim you're quickly countered, at which point you ignore the counter and proceed to reassert your original stance, which basically leaves your points surmounting to 'things should be this way because I like them that way, and I said they should be that way', which is fine I guess, but it's not a good way to do anything let alone run a business.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Black and red is unique in the nrl and gives them the best sponsor integration of any club

Stallion

First Grade
Lol, then we can kick the Eastern Sydney-Shire Rooster-Sharks out of the NRL.

Both of you are disrespectful of a foundation club that still has many 'dormant' fans and should he playing out of the Central Coast right now. In addition your 'peanut gallery 'attack on other established Sydney clubs shows your lack of feeling for this unique and widely respected competition that has its origins in Sydney. I'm astounded by your consistent attack on the game and its history which gives the code its notoriety and relevance. Their's a song verse I can refer to you vagrants in the peanut gallery " You don't know how good you have got until it has gone! " I know you will continue your damaging and ignorant stance rants as you have a track record of doing so. It's dissapointing that lack of respect and wise business acumen promoting code development are absent from your thinking.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Both of you are disrespectful of a foundation club that still has many 'dormant' fans and should he playing out of the Central Coast right now. In addition your 'peanut gallery 'attack on other established Sydney clubs shows your lack of feeling for this unique and widely respected competition that has its origins in Sydney. I'm astounded by your consistent attack on the game and its history which gives the code its notoriety and relevance. Their's a song verse I can refer to you vagrants in the peanut gallery " You don't know how good you have got until it has gone! " I know you will continue your damaging and ignorant stance rants as you have a track record of doing so. It's dissapointing that lack of respect and wise business acumen promoting code development are absent from your thinking.

Yep good work, take the post that was obviously said in jest seriously and dodge the serious questions.

Again, why is it disrespectful to the Bears (btw how did a joke about merging the Sharks and the Roosters have anything to do with the Bears? Or are you suggesting that the Roosters should relocate to the CC?), but not disrespectful to the Dirty Reds, the Jets, the Rebels, or Cumberland?
They were all foundation clubs too, why doesn't their existence need to be revered like religious totems?

Stallion

First Grade
Yep good work, take the post that was obviously said in jest seriously and dodge the serious questions.

Again, why is it disrespectful to the Bears (btw how did a joke about merging the Sharks and the Roosters have anything to do with the Bears? Or are you suggesting that the Roosters should relocate to the CC?), but not disrespectful to the Dirty Reds, the Jets, the Rebels, or Cumberland?
They were all foundation clubs too, why doesn't their existence need to be revered like religious totems?

You underestimate the immense public coverage and popularity gained from the television era! Rugby league capitalised during the 70s,80 & 90s due to its great visibility and worth on television. The North Sydney Bears were a big part of that. Clubs prior to this "television" era did not have the impact and popularity due to their non televise existence. You will find that Sydney clubs have popularity all over Australia courtesy of the television exposure in those years.

The Great Dane

First Grade
You underestimate the immense public coverage and popularity gained from the television era! Rugby league capitalised during the 70s,80 & 90s due to its great visibility and worth on television. The North Sydney Bears were a big part of that. Clubs prior to this "television" era did not have the impact and popularity due to their non televise existence. You will find that Sydney clubs have popularity all over Australia courtesy of the television exposure in those years.

I think you ignore the existence and segnificance of radio, newspapers, word of mouth, etc.

My farther, my uncles, some of my friends, were all RL/sports fans before RL was on TV at all, I'm sure that is true of many people from those times.
My dad and mum were Rabbitohs and Bears fans respectively for years before they ever saw them live or on TV, I'm pretty sure that I was a Bears fan before I ever actually watched them play too.

Besides your theory doesn't take into account that until very recently the NSWRL/ARL/NRL wasn't broadcast outside of NSW, Queensland, and the ACT, with any regularity (or at all in some cases), so how could the NSWRL clubs have capitalised on the visibility of the sport on TV during the 70s, 80s, and 90s, if it wasn't on TV in half the country (more then half the country when you consider that even parts of country NSW and especially Queensland weren't getting regular broadcasting of the NSWRL for some of that time).

Even if Supporters bases outside of Sydney are so large that it'd have a crippling affect on the game if we lost them (frankly outside of NSW and Queensland they are minuscule in the grand scheme of things), then I'd argue that these people would be the easiest to convert to new clubs based in their regions, I myself am an example of this, so is my farther, uncles, mother, most of my brothers, most of my friends that were RL fans in Canberra before the Raiders, most of the people that I know/knew from the ACT/Queanbeyan RL 'scene' from before the Raiders, etc, etc, in fact I'd argue that it's such a large number of people that it's not simply an anecdote, that it could be measured, and sure most of them still follow their old clubs to some degree (many of them would still consider themselves fans of their original clubs first and the Raiders second) but (like me) I reckon that they could be pretty seamlessly converted into just Raiders fans should there other club be removed for whatever reason if it's handled properly.

Using your own logic you also fail to explain why this "respect" shouldn't be extended to the BRL clubs, they were on TV, they built supporters bases outside of Brisbane, they are basically as old and have as much history as the NSWRL clubs, why don't they get the treatment of being infallible divine beings that must be propped up at all costs?

You make a lot of leaps in your logic, huge leaps that would stretch the length of the grand canyon.

Stallion

First Grade
I think you ignore the existence and segnificance of radio, newspapers, word of mouth, etc.

My farther, my uncles, some of my friends, were all RL/sports fans before RL was on TV at all, I'm sure that is true of many people from those times.
My dad and mum were Rabbitohs and Bears fans respectively for years before they ever saw them live or on TV, I'm pretty sure that I was a Bears fan before I ever actually watched them play too.

Besides your theory doesn't take into account that until very recently the NSWRL/ARL/NRL wasn't broadcast outside of NSW, Queensland, and the ACT, with any regularity (or at all in some cases), so how could the NSWRL clubs have capitalised on the visibility of the sport on TV during the 70s, 80s, and 90s, if it wasn't on TV in half the country (more then half the country when you consider that even parts of country NSW and especially Queensland weren't getting regular broadcasting of the NSWRL for some of that time).

Even if Supporters bases outside of Sydney are so large that it'd have a crippling affect on the game if we lost them (frankly outside of NSW and Queensland they are minuscule in the grand scheme of things), then I'd argue that these people would be the easiest to convert to new clubs based in their regions, I myself am an example of this, so is my farther, uncles, mother, most of my brothers, most of my friends that were RL fans in Canberra before the Raiders, most of the people that I know/knew from the ACT/Queanbeyan RL 'scene' from before the Raiders, etc, etc, in fact I'd argue that it's such a large number of people that it's not simply an anecdote, that it could be measured, and sure most of them still follow their old clubs to some degree (many of them would still consider themselves fans of their original clubs first and the Raiders second) but (like me) I reckon that they could be pretty seamlessly converted into just Raiders fans should there other club be removed for whatever reason if it's handled properly.

Using your own logic you also fail to explain why this "respect" shouldn't be extended to the BRL clubs, they were on TV, they built supporters bases outside of Brisbane, they are basically as old and have as much history as the NSWRL clubs, why don't they get the treatment of being infallible divine beings that must be propped up at all costs?

You make a lot of leaps in your logic, huge leaps that would stretch the length of the grand canyon.

Your opening paragraph response reinforces my argument. Not only only word of mouth , generational relevance and tv exposure in Australia's largest populated state and you choose to discredit this era as a significant growth spurt for rugby league. Anecdotally the game was gaining momentum with genuine expansion on the back of this period. Yet you cant see it!? And you flippantly assume that fans will forget such clubs that are carved up? Amazing lack of foresight and comprehension along with understanding of reality and cultural significance.