What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Fox Sports this morning linked us to Tony Satini and Jeremy Hawkins both outsside backs from Penrith and Melbounre. Both look like depth signings for us. Article also mentioned Sione could move back to centre which is looking more and more likely

Johns Magic

Referee
Fox Sports this morning linked us to Tony Satini and Jeremy Hawkins both outsside backs from Penrith and Melbounre. Both look like depth signings for us. Article also mentioned Sione could move back to centre which is looking more and more likely

Pete must have been asking for a bit if we are chasing those guys and letting him go.

PhilGould

Bench
Satini tore up PNG in the State Championship game. He's stuck behind a pretty good backline in Penrith so he may be worth taking a chance on. Don't rate Hawkins at all.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I can't really understand the move of letting Pete go, it just sounds like Brown didn't want to offer him more than 1 year which is strange because now we're a centre short and we're trying to pick up reserve grade players on the cheap and talking about moving Sione back there again, which I also don't understand because although Pete had some faults he was at least as good at centre as Sione if not better.

It all seems a little bit strange tbh. It's like we're onto our plan B for centre recruitment but it's really unclear what plan A was to begin with.

Anyway, after saying all of that. In Brown and Mooney we trust.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I can't really understand the move of letting Pete go, it just sounds like Brown didn't want to offer him more than 1 year which is strange because now we're a centre short and we're trying to pick up reserve grade players on the cheap and talking about moving Sione back there again, which I also don't understand because although Pete had some faults he was at least as good at centre as Sione if not better.

It all seems a little bit strange tbh. It's like we're onto our plan B for centre recruitment but it's really unclear what plan A was to begin with.

Anyway, after saying all of that. In Brown and Mooney we trust.

I think the true problem is the complete lack of depth in available centres at the moment.

On Pete, I've got to think that Brown and Mooney clearly looked at Pete and consider he is at his ceiling and didn't adapt or develop to the playing style that they were looking for this year.

I was happy enough to keep Pete as a depth player on appropriate coin for us but I guess they are clearly focussed and in control of what they want to do with the club. It would appear that younger players, yet to reach their potential (in the coach and football managers eyes) are a better investment for our club in moving forward than the known quantity that Pete was to them - he was only ever a stop gap until somebody else came along, which is why they only offered the 1 year contract.

and like you, I'm happy with them making those calls at this stage because everything I have seen to date has proven to be an improvement on the club's capability.

macavity

Referee
Just lol at Idris.

On the list of players you would never waste a minute of consideration on Idris would be at the top.

The moment he declared he did not want a club or coach telling him what to do (when at the Titans) was the moment all the rumours about his attitude and lack of commitment were confirmed in the public domain.

He is the very opposite of what a club needs in its ranks.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for big black titties.

Old dog

Juniors
Could it be that Pete was only offered a 1 year deal for not very much (especially as he went to 2nd div EPL) as club/coach etc are ready to move others, Pat, Chanel and possibly Sione (especially if concussions continue) as three if not four are not in future plan. There contracts end 2018, just a thought provoking idea

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I think its also the waiting game, players will come up after the world cup, and near the start of the season, we will get a back or two, just have to be patient.

Spot On

Coach
I must be on a different page to some but.....

Pete and Tyrone have not been snapped up by an NRL club and for good reason.

Of course I wish them good luck OS but really they would be depth signings for most clubs and I don't want my club signing them to start in the 17.

I'm hoping this tells a story of how far we have come since Brown arrived and the cheque book was taken from Hagan.

Old dog

Juniors
I must be on a different page to some but.....

Pete and Tyrone have not been snapped up by an NRL club and for good reason.

Of course I wish them good luck OS but really they would be depth signings for most clubs and I don't want my club signing them to start in the 17.

I'm hoping this tells a story of how far we have come since Brown arrived and the cheque book was taken from Hagan.
I understand where you are coming from but, yes but, would Pete and Tyrone have improved our overall squad as it stands at this moment. Do we have some in line to fill the vacant/weaker positions

Spot On

Coach
I understand where you are coming from but, yes but, would Pete and Tyrone have improved our overall squad as it stands at this moment. Do we have some in line to fill the vacant/weaker positions

I think the fact we did not sign them tells us there's not a huge difference in ability between them and the second tier blokes we have already in the eyes of the coach.

I would not have paid a lot for either and they have done the right thing by taking the OS offers.

Last edited:

Old dog

Juniors
Petes contract was up, Sione still has one year to go, if you kept Pete you still had to pay .Sione. So based on your theory letting Pete and keeping Sione means we have a slightly lesser centre for absolutely no cost, brilliant.

Old dog

Juniors
Your assuming that Sione will go to an ESL club and that Pete will stay for whatever payment despite them knowing what each might get or give up.
You are obviously not a people's person, how where you going to make it happen and if it did it would fly in the face of what appears to be Brownies intention.
Besides Petes transfer has already happened and we have Sione for another year,done deal no further discussion.

macavity

Referee
It really depends.
If Brown is going to play Sione at centre next season and beyond then we should’ve kept Pete and kicked Sione to the ESL.
Pete is the better centre and would be on half of what Sione is on.. even with Pete asking for a pay rise.

Don't agree Pete is better.

Latest posts