What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Can our BrisVegas correspondents on here please report on promotion and marketing activity (if any) in the city for the semi and final? Thx !

There is promotional material such as signage and banners in the city centre. Many of which ellude to further promotion once the cup finally arrives in Brisbane this weekend. I assume that means the statues will stand in King George Square in front of City Hall for the semis and the week leading up to the final. Hopefully player appearances and public functions there too.

Friday nights the city is packed til about 9 - 9:30pm - hopefully this and next Friday they have a presence.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is promotional material such as signage and banners in the city centre. Many of which ellude to further promotion once the cup finally arrives in Brisbane this weekend. I assume that means the statues will stand in King George Square in front of City Hall for the semis and the week leading up to the final. Hopefully player appearances and public functions there too.

Friday nights the city is packed til about 9 - 9:30pm - hopefully this and next Friday they have a presence.

Events going on all day Friday and Saturday in Brisbane city centre
http://www.rlwc2017.com/news/brisbane-finals-fest-celebrate-rlwc-finale

Raiderdave

First Grade
Spoken like your avg Australian RL fan. I guess you never went along to watch the Raiders all those years they were crap and unlikely to win anything? Why support them now, the chances of winning a GF is next to zero. Im spending $3k going to the RLWC final in the hope England are there and that they might pull off a miracle and actually win one. I don't expect miracles to happen but if it does I want to be there after three decades watching them lose loll

Its called being a fan.

rarely missed a raiders game regardless of how they were going dickhead
thats my club side tho
different kettle of fish

just because aussies won't watch hopless 2nd rate poms doesn't mean they aren't fans
they just prefer watching the best & we get our fill here : )

until the poms improve
international RL will be a poor 3rd cousin to all other RL in this country

Burns

First Grade
Auckland Update

Northern stand sold out, CAT C again back to single seats following the Bays that had been released. CAT A looking real good now too.

This one will be special. I hope there is a good contingent of England fans there. Hearing the Tongan hymns, with the typical English chants gives me goosebumps. I mean, when has a 'Tier 1' nation ever played in such a 'hostile' environment?

Billythekid

First Grade
Auckland Update

Northern stand sold out, CAT C again back to single seats following the Bays that had been released. CAT A looking real good now too.

This one will be special. I hope there is a good contingent of England fans there. Hearing the Tongan hymns, with the typical English chants gives me goosebumps. I mean, when has a 'Tier 1' nation ever played in such a 'hostile' environment?

The NZ v Tonga match is right up there with the greatest RL matches I've ever seen. The spectacle was just phenomenal as was the result.

This match has the potential to be on a similar level. So f**king excited for this game and so happy to hear that it's getting the crowd it deserves. Is this going to be on sevens main channel? It's going to be a great advertisement for international rugby league.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
The NZ v Tonga match is right up there with the greatest RL matches I've ever seen. The spectacle was just phenomenal as was the result.

This match has the potential to be on a similar level. So f**king excited for this game and so happy to hear that it's getting the crowd it deserves. Is this going to be on sevens main channel? It's going to be a great advertisement for international rugby league.
slated for 7Mate at the moment , 4pm Sydney time Sat arvo …

Stallion

First Grade

4pm Saturday arvo is a good timeslot. So its 1pm in Auckland. Interesting timeslot. It will be intriguing to see how this transpires into tv ratings. Looks like it's a user friendly timeslot for patrons going to the ground if the presales information is accurate?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Shame. The NZ v Fiji match last week showed we can get good ratings for matches not involving Australia. Still think it'll rate really well on 7 mate so it's not a big deal.

Also think the NZ public would enjoy watching Tonga go at it against the Poms! Think this will sell out hopefully!

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
4pm Saturday arvo is a good timeslot. So its 1pm in Auckland. Interesting timeslot. It will be intriguing to see how thus transpires inti tv ratings. Looks like it's a user friendly timeslot for patrons going to the ground if the presales information is accurate?
No it’s a 6pm or 7pm timeslot in Nz mate lol. They are ahead of us.
So with the northern stand filling up with the crowd looking like ? What’s the stadium hold ? 50 ?. Hopefully Brisbane can get 40,000

Scubby

Juniors
Auckland Update

There are more than 6,000 English fans on official tours from the UK all heading to Auckland for this week. Add NZ expats and a few from Aus then it should create a fantastic atmosphere.

Burns

First Grade
There are more than 6,000 English fans on official tours from the UK all heading to Auckland for this week. Add NZ expats and a few from Aus then it should create a fantastic atmosphere.
It’s going to be soooooooo good!!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Sounds like good news for Auckland. Hoping both crowds will be 20,000+ but is there any chances the Brisbane game could crack 30k?

Either way I'll be there hoping for a good crowd and atmosphere.

Pommy

Coach

There were heaps on the plane back to Manchester from Dubai last Tuesday. A lot of castleford shirts.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
The main channel 7 channel has the golf. Still, last week on 7mate New Zealand versus Fiji got 506,000, so this should rate well. Shame it isn’t on Saturday night, however! Would have rated even better!

yakstorm

First Grade
Auckland is on track for 25K+ which is really encouraging. Unlike the opener, we've seen every bay on sale at least at some point over the past few weeks, and most are selling into the back of the Bays, indicating that for once the organisers aren't holding seats back...

Suncorp is a bit of a guessing game... There are still plenty of tickets in the lower bowl, but then they've also sold significant chunks of the second and third level at the Milton Rd end of the ground...