What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone Peachey.... Best position?

betcats

Referee
And of course, that will be the fault of Gus and Hook!

Who's fault is it that his position keeps being changed? Yours? Mine? You don't think the coach and Gus have a say? hahaha far out I wasn't even having a go at them then its just part of footy but your comment is just dumb.

forby

Juniors
No problem, like I said I am just frustrated over the opinions in other threads, and am sure someone will seriously say this.
Peachey is a good player but needs to learn that passing is just as important as beating players with strength.
I think he is the utility player we need on the bench.

No problem, like I said I am just frustrated over the opinions in other threads, and am sure someone will seriously say this.
Peachey is a good player but needs to learn that passing is just as important as beating players with strength.
May covers far more postions. Peach is awful in the halves or hooker

The Realist

Juniors
May covers far more postions. Peach is awful in the halves or hooker

Peach has had a few games as 5/8 and done well there. Filled in at Hooker as well (usually due to injury) has thrown some hospital passes, but his speed around the ruck and running game has been killer from there.

OldPanther

Coach
Peach has had a few games as 5/8 and done well there. Filled in at Hooker as well (usually due to injury) has thrown some hospital passes, but his speed around the ruck and running game has been killer from there.

Yeah good running game just needs to pass better. Not very accurate or quick passes from hooker.

betcats

Referee

I think he’s a gun centre who’s been f**ked around by the club. He’d be a rep player now if he’d been allowed to focus on one role, why do you have to whinge because I have a different opinion? I’m entitled to it. He gets more try assists than Whare so the passing stuff is so overrated FTR.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think he’s a gun centre who’s been f**ked around by the club. He’d be a rep player now if he’d been allowed to focus on one role, why do you have to whinge because I have a different opinion? I’m entitled to it. He gets more try assists than Whare so the passing stuff is so overrated FTR.

He was a backrower as a junior though. So how did the club stuff him around? He did a good job filling in but the lack of experience in centre shows in things like drawing and passing etc. If it wasn't we wouldn't be having this discussions seems around 50/50 to me as to what fans think he is a centre or not. So coaches maybe split too for all we know

OldPanther

Coach
Our best centre pairing has been Peachy/Blake. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Peachy would be playing for NSW at some point if left to develop. This isn't a shot at Whare either.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our best centre pairing has been Peachy/Blake. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Peachy would be playing for NSW at some point if left to develop. This isn't a shot at Whare either.

Canberra and NZ game showed what Peachey can do in the forwards. If Whare plays like he did the semi v Manly even 75% of the time. Blake v Canberra down there 75% of the time. Assuming Merrin plays prop then we can use Peachey in that role again and will be so dangerous with those 3 and Bryce on the field together

Exsilium

First Grade
Whilst I agree he is a good centre and has served us well. I’d much prefer he play off the bench. He offers more as a utility backrower then he does at centre long term.

We have Whare and Blake. I’d prefer Blake make way for Peachey if I had to choose. Blake seems to offer a little of everything but I fear we just won’t see the full potential of Waqa Blake.

As for Peachey, He is another player who we have that is too good to leave out but is a victim of his own versatility.

Players that cover many positions well, rarely ever develop until they are set into a position. Wade Graham and Blake Austin come to mind. Although the latter does tend to be considered a utility by Canberra fans.

I suspect if Wallace does make way then katoa starts and Peachey cements a spot on the bench.

If not, we lose him and I’d be okay with that in a year.

OldPanther

Coach
Canberra and NZ game showed what Peachey can do in the forwards. If Whare plays like he did the semi v Manly even 75% of the time. Blake v Canberra down there 75% of the time. Assuming Merrin plays prop then we can use Peachey in that role again and will be so dangerous with those 3 and Bryce on the field together

Whilst I agree he is a good centre and has served us well. I’d much prefer he play off the bench. He offers more as a utility backrower then he does at centre long term.

We have Whare and Blake. I’d prefer Blake make way for Peachey if I had to choose. Blake seems to offer a little of everything but I fear we just won’t see the full potential of Waqa Blake.

As for Peachey, He is another player who we have that is too good to leave out but is a victim of his own versatility.

Players that cover many positions well, rarely ever develop until they are set into a position. Wade Graham and Blake Austin come to mind. Although the latter does tend to be considered a utility by Canberra fans.

I suspect if Wallace does make way then katoa starts and Peachey cements a spot on the bench.

If not, we lose him and I’d be okay with that in a year.

I can understand the opinion of Whare at centre because he's a good centre. Blake on the other hand is easily our best centre and I'd hate to lose him.

The only thing with Peachy in the forwards is it's getting crowded and we might lose him.

Exsilium

First Grade
I can understand the opinion of Whare at centre because he's a good centre. Blake on the other hand is easily our best centre and I'd hate to lose him.

The only thing with Peachy in the forwards is it's getting crowded and we might lose him.

Blake is a good centre, no doubt. I just want to see more from him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Peachy is a fan favourite and has to be in the 17 somewhere.

I guess if Whare is fully fit and playing near his best Griffin will probably go with him and Tyronne will be on the bench.

Port Panther

Juniors
I agree that Merrin should be part of our prop rotation as i dont think he can be effective over the full 80 these days and we have enough back rowers .

OldPanther

Coach
Peachy is a fan favourite and has to be in the 17 somewhere.

I guess if Whare is fully fit and playing near his best Griffin will probably go with him and Tyronne will be on the bench.

That sounds like what Griffin would do. Would be tough to pick between 3 really good centres.

betcats

Referee
He was a backrower as a junior though. So how did the club stuff him around? He did a good job filling in but the lack of experience in centre shows in things like drawing and passing etc. If it wasn't we wouldn't be having this discussions seems around 50/50 to me as to what fans think he is a centre or not. So coaches maybe split too for all we know

‘Club stuffed him around’ is a bit much maybe. We shifted him from the forwards, to the halves, to hooker and then to the centres. They’ve used him as a stop gap for years, we are a much better side last year with him in the centres. We have terrible attack and people want one of the few guys who creates opportunities for us on the bench.

He’s either a centre, backrow or utility. Decide and let him play that role.

IMO Griffin won’t pick him in the forwards and play him big minutes, we’ve seen that already when he was getting two little stints off the bench last year.

kinghippo

Juniors
Blake is a good centre, no doubt. I just want to see more from him.

Blake was one of our best, those chase downs he did were honestly the most exciting plays of the year. He is first picked for mine with peachy second.
What he and peachy need is a lot more early ball with a bit of space to move.
The flat crash ball attack we sported last year needs to be fixed before either shine.
I am hoping Maloney helps our backline find a bit of depth and the peach starts carving teams up with that fend and step.

OldPanther

Coach
Blake was one of our best, those chase downs he did were honestly the most exciting plays of the year. He is first picked for mine with peachy second.
What he and peachy need is a lot more early ball with a bit of space to move.
The flat crash ball attack we sported last year needs to be fixed before either shine.
I am hoping Maloney helps our backline find a bit of depth and the peach starts carving teams up with that fend and step.

I can't see it not being improved. After the Brisbane game anyone who has a footy IQ over 1 said Cleary’s options weren't very good with hitting the second rower too much and having no depth. Griffin will have to work on it if he's any kind of decent coach or he doesn't want his reputation wrecked. Also Cleary himself is a smart footballer and will learn as he goes with organising the attack better as a halfback(I have a lot of faith in this). Add in BBQ with his experience and skill set I think we attack really well next year.

Latest posts