What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan in NZ - Pyjama tour 2017/18

JJ

Immortal
100 and out for Guptill - fine innings shame he didn't go on - I wouldn't call it "worse" - jhe worked hard against a disciplined and good attack

He's been terrific the last couple of years

JJ

Immortal
Yes, good to be flexible in the order - as a kid it was always exciting (albeit seldom worked) when Howarth sent Big Lance in early - of course in reality Lance made Tim Southee look good as a bat

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yes, good to be flexible in the order - as a kid it was always exciting (albeit seldom worked) when Howarth sent Big Lance in early - of course in reality Lance made Tim Southee look good as a bat

Tbf, Lance's promotion came off often enough and Lance has a better average in odi than Southee. Was good enough for a bat deal.

Meth

Staff member
Hell of a catch to get rid of Nicholls

I can’t see any point to Latham batting at this point in the game

JJ

Immortal
I'm firmly in the Latham bats 5 in ODIs in some overseas conditions (I stress some) - but at home how much better would Nicholls, CDG, Seifert/Phillips, Santner be?

SHould have promoted Boult - he never disappoints

JJ

Immortal
I'm firmly in the Latham bats 5 in ODIs in some overseas conditions (I stress some) - but at home how much better would Nicholls, CDG, Seifert/Phillips, Santner be?

LOL - latecomer just realised Boult's resting

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Appalling middle order performance. No urgency. No skill. Disgraceful.

Vintage NZC performance here.

Look Munro did the Greatbatch role.

Guppie and Taylor did the Crowe and Jones roles.

Latham, Niccolls and Santner have done the J Crowe, Rutherford and Latham roles.

CDG is doing the Hadlee or Harry or Smithy role.

Meth

Staff member
The middle order did get put in a bit of an awkward position, to be fair- but yeah. Pakistan have bowled well to restrict us here.

Southee and Santner probably should have been sent in ahead of Latham IMO

ANTiLAG

First Grade

Boult is better than Lockie but wants those #11 records for best ever.

Seifert has a massive opportunity tomorrow to stake a claim.

I also want to see Tom Bruce get some runs in the t20i and force his way into putting selection pressure on Niccolls.

Bruce has power and batsmanship. He's a versatile orthodox (does play ramp shots tho) big hitter. He's Wisden like but he's rugby too. You know the type.

If Chapman gets big runs in the Ford Trophy - he may do the same.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
really? then he is a selfish git

Whatever happened to team first?
He's the least selfish guy going around - nothing to do with him - people have just started noting how good his record is for a #11 - but as you've seen he has a style that is unmistakably #11

Latest posts