What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to expect early on

ouryear

Juniors
Knock off at 6pm (maybe 5.30pm). Logistics of travelling by car or train has knocked me out.
Round 4 v Knights is the first game I can get to.
Shame on you NRL and SGI for not making it easier for fans.
They seriously don't care.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Agreed.

I've mentioned in other threads that the NRL have no idea what they're doing when it comes to suburban ground fixtures. Any game at a suburban ground should ONLY be played on a Saturday or Sunday.

Having a Dragons vs Sharks game at 6pm on a Friday night last year was pathetic. Had they moved that game to a Saturday or Sunday, they could've easily got 15k+. Clearly they haven't learned this year either. I highly doubt that any the 6pm games will have decent crowds. If you live in Sydney and have experienced what it's like trying to get anywhere during peak hour, then good luck getting home, getting the kids ready and making it to the game on time. I'd rather watch the game at home.

I get it that the networks pick the games but surely if the NRL are serious about getting more bums on seats, they would schedule the games accordingly.

Very good comment there, Redhoopz.
It all makes too much sense for the nrl who are only interested in putting certain people into front office positions so they can be seen to be in sync with todays bleeding heart society.

It's not about the fans, its all about who is on the nrl committee.

Crush

Coach
I'd like to see all games played over the weekend.
Friday night 7pm 9pm (2nd one qld)
Saturday 3pm 530pm 730pm
Sunday 12pm 2pm 4pm
Thursday night games suck. I will miss round 1 because of a work function. Round 2 which I usually take the kids to at shark park and sit on the hill wont be happening because its a school night for kids.
AND we always lose on Thursdays.

hazzbeen

Bench
Saturday 3pm 530pm 730pm
Sunday 12pm 2pm 4pm
Thursday night games suck. I will miss round 1 because of a work function. Round 2 which I usually take the kids to at shark park and sit on the hill wont be happening because its a school night for kids.
Yea the old Thursday night games and throw in the Monday night games , they just dont do it for me .... Crush your scaring me already with ( we always lose on Thursdays )

kit66

Bench
If you think the NRL are now running the show on scheduling you're not really thinking things through.
I you were in charge of the NRL would you, in all seriousness, kick off your season in Woollongong on a Thursday Night. I mean, who the f**k does that benefit and how is that as a statement to the fans - you spoke, we answered - " F**k you, we're keeping Thursday Night Footy " and to prove it......
Even as a financial decision it sucks balls. You could have played it in Brisbane, 30,000 minimum and a bit of recognition for Queensland who, let's face it, make a huge contribution these days. Even I would have gone to the game and I live more than an hour from the stadium and have get to get up at 5am next morning for work.
Fox Sports decide where and when, no-one else.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
In fairness to Dufty, the implied lack of confidence is more a slight on the coach. IMO Dufty has shown enough to warrant first choice at FB(as you allude to)& the coach should be vocally behind him.
I haven’t heard Bellamy hedge his bets on Brodie Croft.
I know comparing SuperCoach to Bellamy is an exercise in futility but he is a great reference point nonetheless.

Exactly.

Can you imagine Bellamy making such a statement?

Not me.

Reddragon

Bench
I expect to see a fairly skillful squad that competes and tries hard every week but struggles with a very limited game plan dished up by a pedestrian coach. By the end of games, they will improvise just to try and get a result.

possm

Coach
Mickey, Mcnugget will pick Aitken, guarantee it. He ain't gonna change.
If Mary does not pick our best side and so sticks with Aitken, Nightingale and Macdonald, I hope he at least puts Mann on one wing and Field on the bench. If he goes that way, I'd like to see Lomax selected at fullback in reserve grade. The reason for this is:

I believe Dufty and Field are of similar style and have the same good and poor skill-sets. Both Dufty and Field have good attacking skills, good passing game, lot's of speed and can take a high ball. Unfortunately, both Dufty and Field are light weights and poor in defence.

As a fullback, Lomax has all the skills Dufty and Field have however, he is not a lightweight and is solid in defence. Speed-wise, I'd love to know the actual stats for these 3 players as I feel certain there is very little between them.

Saturday 3pm 530pm 730pm
Sunday 12pm 2pm 4pm
We always lose on Mondays too...

ouryear

Juniors
If Mary does not pick our best side and so sticks with Aitken, Nightingale and Macdonald, I hope he at least puts Mann on one wing and Field on the bench. If he goes that way, I'd like to see Lomax selected at fullback in reserve grade. The reason for this is:

I believe Dufty and Field are of similar style and have the same good and poor skill-sets. Both Dufty and Field have good attacking skills, good passing game, lot's of speed and can take a high ball. Unfortunately, both Dufty and Field are light weights and poor in defence.

As a fullback, Lomax has all the skills Dufty and Field have however, he is not a lightweight and is solid in defence. Speed-wise, I'd love to know the actual stats for these 3 players as I feel certain there is very little between them.
You speak a lot of sense possm, I wish you had the power over Mary!

Latest posts