What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Dragons

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 Luke - 10/10 performance, was absolutely on fire
2 Gelling - stood up some under huge pressure and gave it 120%, you could see when he scored that try how much it meant to him, so great defence too
1 Lino - proving the chooks game was no fluke.

Hon mentions to Fus and RTS who were huge at the back and Mannering who is back to churning out 100 metre 50 tackle games like it’s another day in the office for him.

Last edited:

MKEB...

Staff member
Same as above.

Added ...I would have hated to have been on the receiving end of some of Mannerings tackles last night.

vvvrulz

Coach
He'll get the chop when Beale or Ayshford come back online, but that would be a shame as he's one of our off-season buys that's really worked for us.

That doesn't make sense but it's true!

It has to be done, Hiku is just a defensive nightmare despite all his goods

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The weird thing is watching last nights highlights you see two outstanding defensive plays from Hiku, yet he misses the simple ones.

But after seeing Gelling’s performance last night I’m happy that once Ayshford and Geale are back on board we have plenty of centre cover so I’m not too concerned.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Isaac Luke

Luke 65
Lino 23
Tuivasa Sheck 17

Gelling 13
Blair 8
Mannering 5
Fusitu'a 1

22 voted

Blair

Coach
Lol kakariki

We wouldn't want him hanging out at a Mooks press conference.

I know what he's already picked up from playing so close to Johnson, kick to Manu, kick to Manu, kick to Manu, self-belief, kick to Manu...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I know I'm too late to vote, but I just wanted to say that RTS really deserves minimum 2 points.

I had to miss the game live (FFS) so I watched it all back knowing exactly what was going to happen but just sort of being a bit more "analytical" about the whole thing (dunno why I do things like this, I'm not the coach). Really stands out when you watch the game less emotionally just how good RTS is and how he seems to have the most effective carry in almost every set.

Also while he was only partially culpable, for mine Mannering was pretty prominently involved in two conceded tries, surprised that didn't get a mention.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Agree on the Mannering note. He fell off Tariq Sims with ease in his try.
Yeah I definitely saw that. Soft try.

Unfortunately Mannering and Hiku didn't pick up on a charging Tariq quick enough and although Tariqs a powerful runner, Mannering and Hiku aren't small guys and could've done a lot better. Simon especially.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Also while he was only partially culpable, for mine Mannering was pretty prominently involved in two conceded tries, surprised that didn't get a mention.

Yeah the miss on Sims was below his standards, not worried about the miss on Hunt, he just got straight up beaten by a small quick man's swerve, happens to any forward, he just couldn't get his hands on him.

Dally M Points
WARRIORS v DRAGONS

Judge: Daryl Halligan

3 - Issac Luke (6)

2 - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (8)

1 - Simon Mannering

Latest posts