What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe put their hand up

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Absolutely garbage! You honestly think a top flight North Sydney would not command the lion share of sponsors in the North Sydney area? You are an ignorant and disrespectfull piece of work. Go back to your union origins ! You clearly have a damaging and quite disrespectful regard for rugby league. Picked you early in the piece! Remember you are comparing league to union . How dare you! Union is crap! But with slimy dudes like yourself doing your undermining deeds it gets its free kicks in pervasive ways. Back to your Pimms!

@ReddFelon literally just did point out to you that our existing North Sydney NRL club, Manly, can't attract better sponsorship than their local RU rivals, so I guess the answer is no.

Stallion

First Grade
@ReddFelon literally just did point out to you that our existing North Sydney NRL club, Manly, can't attract better sponsorship than their local RU rivals, so I guess the answer is no.

I'll accurately qualify that misleading statement! I'm sure the Sea Eagles have a bigger turnover and sponsorship revenue than any union club in that area or in the rest of Sydney. North Sydney Bears are currently not in the NRL. Their is a massive difference in being in the top flight and not. But for some reason you are not acknowledging this significant impediment to gaining sponsors! ?

ReddFelon

Juniors

There's no point using facts and logic, I mean last year the Manly away Jersey didn't actually have a sponsor until just before the season opener and for the first month lottoland was a sticker that fell off when players got tackled. This dude genuinely believes that the URM rubbish collection company has more money than Emirates.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'll accurately qualify that misleading statement! I'm sure the Sea Eagles have a bigger turnover and sponsorship revenue than any union club in that area or in the rest of Sydney. North Sydney Bears are currently not in the NRL. Their is a massive difference in being in the top flight and not. But for some reason you are not acknowledging this significant impediment to gaining sponsors! ?

Union's strengths, just like Rugby League's in Australia is NSW and QLD. It is not unbelievable that Union is preferable in North and Eastern Sydney and league more popular in West and Southern Sydney. I don't know why that is upsetting. It is not like Sydney is not a union heartland also. If anything we've done well to have top flight clubs take off in their backyard (Roosters & Manly)

Stallion

First Grade
There's no point using facts and logic, I mean last year the Manly away Jersey didn't actually have a sponsor until just before the season opener and for the first month lottoland was a sticker that fell off when players got tackled. This dude genuinely believes that the URM rubbish collection company has more money than Emirates.

No point using deceitful bullshit either you two dudes! Don't like the dose of the way things really are. You would rather ignore the missing poignant facts instead. One a rahrah fan and one that should know better! Amazing.

Stallion

First Grade
Union's strengths, just like Rugby League's in Australia is NSW and QLD. It is not unbelievable that Union is preferable in North and Eastern Sydney and league more popular in West and Southern Sydney. I don't know why that is upsetting. It is not like Sydney is not a union heartland also. If anything we've done well to have top flight clubs take off in their backyard (Roosters & Manly)

Lol. Thank god you haven't got anything official to do with rugby league's development! At least I hope so!

ReddFelon

Juniors
No point using deceitful bullshit either you two dudes! Don't like the dose of the way things really are. You would rather ignore the missing poignant facts instead. One a rahrah fan and one that should know better! Amazing.

So then you should have no issue explaining why an international airline sponsors a rival team and not us. Better yet explain why our options were so low that we had to sell our ground name to Lottoland? No of course not, you'll just scream about how you were in school in the forties and as you struggled with polio some bloke on a polo horse broke your legs with his mallet leading you to a life time of believing that RL exists in a vacuum and there is no competition for sponsors.

Stallion

First Grade
So then you should have no issue explaining why an international airline sponsors a rival team and not us. Better yet explain why our options were so low that we had to sell our ground name to Lottoland? No of course not, you'll just scream about how you were in school in the forties and as you struggled with polio some bloke on a polo horse broke your legs with his mallet leading you to a life time of believing that RL exists in a vacuum and there is no competition for sponsors.

I'm sure your private school upbringing has well and truelly siphoned your line of thought.Comparing union as even a rival(market wise) to rugby league is a mistake. Union has been propagated by its friends in high places courtesy of a flow on through the elite private school system. It also has thrived on placing itself in socially appealing scenarios (Saturday only club games) which has bolstered it's playing ranks whilst poor thinking rugby league administrators opt for the less attractive Sunday game day option (local competition wise). These factors have propped up the very ugly code of union in various places around the world. I know you will refute these facts but I suppose someones got to call a spade a spade. The union dudes should be ashamed of themselves on so many levels. But they conceal this repression of rugby league very well. And have dudes like yourself doing their dirty work.

ReddFelon

Juniors
But what about Redcliffe?

Will likely not work, too small and localised of an area. The Moreton Bay composite team could work theoretically but the biggest challenge is capturing a large enough market, in particular a market where there will already be Broncos fans. I think that's the real challenge the NRL has had for years in trying to establish a second team, anyone who doesn't fall into the key area of the new team will gravitate toward Brisbane, every small area wants to be the team.

The second Brisbane team becomes less likely each year, hindsight being 20/20 they should've moved for Brisbane #2 in 2007 instead of the Titans. I know people argue that there's this huge anti-Broncos sentiment in Brisbane among former Brisbane RL fans, but rarely are these people unified in agreement on the potential expansion team.

Stallion

First Grade
Will likely not work, too small and localised of an area. The Moreton Bay composite team could work theoretically but the biggest challenge is capturing a large enough market, in particular a market where there will already be Broncos fans. I think that's the real challenge the NRL has had for years in trying to establish a second team, anyone who doesn't fall into the key area of the new team will gravitate toward Brisbane, every small area wants to be the team.

The second Brisbane team becomes less likely each year, hindsight being 20/20 they should've moved for Brisbane #2 in 2007 instead of the Titans. I know people argue that there's this huge anti-Broncos sentiment in Brisbane among former Brisbane RL fans, but rarely are these people unified in agreement on the potential expansion team.

Lol. You have just alluded to the key for another Brisbane franchise. It's absolutely a must do. Their exists a massive anti Bronco sentiment in Brisbane and such fans deserve a team to follow. It's not impossible. And its pretty obvious that the two clubs are necessary for the code in this area. On top of giving the anti Broncos people a side to follow the tv coverage exposure is massive. Another option for Friday night tv which engages both Nsw and Qld fans as well as a massive local derby twice a season when they meet. It's a must do . The population (2 million plus)already can sustain another top flight team easily!

Last edited:

ReddFelon

Juniors
Lol. You have just alluded to the key for another Brisbane franchise. It's absolutely a must do. Their exists a massive anti Bronco sentiment in Brisbane and such fans deserve a team to follow. It's not impossible. And its pretty obvious that the two clubs are necessary for the code on this area. On top of giving the anti Broncos people a side to follow the tv coverage exposure is massive. Another option for Friday night tv which engages both Nsw and Qld fans as well as a massive local derby twice a season when they meet. It's a must do . The population (2 million plus)already can sustain another top flight team easily!

Seriously, learn to read; if I'm anti-Broncos but I live in Ipswich why would I follow Redcliffe or Moreton Bay?

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Best option imo is to have the second team called Brisbane (anything but the Bombers) with all games at Suncorp. The key is to sign as many queenslanders as possible, espeically targeting QLD origin players. With a popular QLD coach aswell.

Having lived in QLD Queenslanders love there own and I wound't be suprised if many jump ship from the Broncos if there a "true QLD team". I have met people who refused to support the Titans because they wear blue. I have mates who were upset the Broncos signed Bird because he's from NSW.

I think other options like Redlciffe or Ipswich have the potential to isolate or not include many fans who might be looking to jump ship or don't like the Broncos.

Stallion

First Grade
Best option imo is to have the second team called Brisbane (anything but the Bombers) with all games at Suncorp. The key is to sign as many queenslanders as possible, espeically targeting QLD origin players. With a popular QLD coach aswell.

Having lived in QLD Queenslanders love there own and I wound't be suprised if many jump ship from the Broncos if there a "true QLD team". I have met people who refused to support the Titans because they wear blue. I have mates who were upset the Broncos signed Bird because he's from NSW.

I think other options like Redlciffe or Ipswich have the potential to isolate or not include many fans who might be looking to jump ship or don't like the Broncos.

Think most people agree that Brisbane....?(something) is the name structure to adopt.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
It will be redcliffe and they will be called the dolphins.
Calling a redcliffe team Brisbane is like calling penrith Sydney ffs.
Also only the four biggest games should be played at Lang park the rest at dolphin oval which will have a capacity of 25-30k by the time the upgrades are finished. Which is ample

Stallion

First Grade
Also only the four biggest games should be played at Lang park the rest at dolphin oval which will have a capacity of 25-30k by the time the upgrades are finished. Which is ample

Moreton Bay Dolphins? !

King hit

Coach

Wonder if they have any idea that the Broncos didn't have success till Wally got the boot and Lazarus came in. Bennett said in his memoir that Lazarus was the driving force behind the team.

Perth Red

Post Whore

We don't need another suburban team drawing 14k!