What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Vs manly ... Hitup runs/metres - all runs/metres - kick return runs/metres ... according to champion data

Mannah - 10/96 ... 16/191 ... 6/96 ... (yeah doesnt add up by 1m)
Matagi - 8/70 ... 10/91 ... 2/27
Alvaro - 14/114 ... 16/143 ... 2/28

Far an away our best kick returner, but getting some people to give him credit is like trying to eskimo kiss Voldemort...

hindy111

Post Whore
Watch the team evolve once Tims gone.

Sorry but I am right. Alvaro has gone passed the Tim. Tim was excellent against raider imo. If he played liked that every week id change my mind.

Matagi is one good game 3 average

strider

Post Whore
Watch the team evolve once Tims gone.

Sorry but I am right. Alvaro has gone passed the Tim. Tim was excellent against raider imo. If he played liked that every week id change my mind.

Matagi is one good game 3 average
Who are you trying to convince? .... i dont think anyone is saying alvaro hasnt gone past tim .... thats not to say tim cant play well also

Out of those, which player do we get concessions for?

Does the long-term player allowance still exist under the new cap?

Under the new cap there is simply a $200k allowance that covers all players who were "either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game"

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/

The old long-serving player allowance does not exist anymore. Basically every club is going to be eligible for the $200k allowance. So this is now basically irrelevant to Mannah's valuation.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep. Over the same 5 games, Alex Twal averaged 113m and 25 tackles per game....decent productivity for a bloke of similar style.
And a bloke who is just 21/22, especially after we were all told he was nowhere near first grade standard in his time at the club.

Tim has been great the last couple of weeks and I think him off the bench may be just the new normal for him now. He looked much better for it.

IFR33K

Coach
Does the long-term player allowance still exist under the new cap?

Under the new cap there is simply a $200k allowance that covers all players who were "either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game"

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/

The old long-serving player allowance does not exist anymore. Basically every club is going to be eligible for the $200k allowance. So this is now basically irrelevant to Mannah's valuation.

Sorry mate for not being totally up to date with the salary cap structure. Regardless in previous years Mannah was our long service player we received concessions for. Also doubt there’s been huge interest in his services from rival clubs, so I doubt he’s costing us silly money.

Sorry mate for not being totally up to date with the salary cap structure. Regardless in previous years Mannah was our long service player we received concessions for. Also doubt there’s been huge interest in his services from rival clubs, so I doubt he’s costing us silly money.

No need to apologise....I don't anybody really noticed the disappearance of the old rule. It seemed to be a fairly last minute change when they were finalising the cap last year.

I agree that he's unlikely to be costing us silly money.

Glenneel

Bench
How many teams do you reckon have legitimately improved from their squad last year? And especially from only outside recruitment?
For mine it’s only really Drags, Warriors, Knights and Panfers (mostly improvement through subtraction). All 4 of those teams have received their biggest boosts (maybe not the biggest for warriors/knights but still significant) through new halves which we didn’t need nor could fit in at the end of last season. Scum, Rabbits, Sharks, Boncos, Tits, Raiders & Moanly have barely changed. In fact a few of them have gotten worse. Rorters have “improved” but not in the areas they actually needed. Most people assumed Dogs & Cows had improved but results say otherwise. The interesting one is Tigs who have improved by making their squad worse. Other teams and our recruitment are far from the be all, end all you think. Plus even if it was recruitment is actually limited season to season. Case in point many think we need to improve our hooker, but how many hookers actually changed clubs last season?
Certainly not us which has been a glaring problem for years. Every year 2-3 teams drop out of the previous year's 8 so you have to constantly improve your roster. We overachieved last year and our roster is weaker while others greatly improved theirs. So why wouldn't you'd think Parra would struggle to make the 8? I never thought tho that we'd be scrapping with the Dogs (which I thought would end up at the bottom) for the spoon.

Glenneel

Bench
I look forward to the complete analysis you have done on all the players BA has actually missed over so many years.

Oh wait of course! He should have just offered contracts to already contracted players and got them to leave their clubs...
Talk about a negative Nellie, criticising someone who makes sense while offering nothing in reply. 8,9 & 10 have been an obvious problem for us for years and so has lack of offloading by the forwards. If some here can see it why can't the coaching staff. BA has had over 4 years to fix it and done nothing but buy, so it appears, players on the cheap. Looking at our roster we should have millions to spend but obviously don't. We can only deduce by that many of our players are overpaid. So you're saying that in 4 years there was no decent hooker available for BA to buy are you?