What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
For those interested in the Bulldogs situation.
Doganator posted this on the nospam21.com.au

https://www.nospam21.com/bulldogs-sign-penrith-winger-33194/

"At a media briefing before their fan forum on Thursday night, the Bulldogs revealed they:

•Were salary cap compliant for 2018;
•Had 7-10 players on back-ended deals throughout 2019 and 2020;
•Had half a dozen players with ratchet clauses;
•Had 25 of 30 spots filled for next season with more than $500,000 to spend;
•Were not actively shopping players around but would be open to discussions;
•Were paying for five players at other clubs.
The Bulldogs will be letting three international players go at the end of the year – Greg Eastwood, Brett and Josh Morris – but that won’t be the end of the pain.

Hill rejected speculation that the club was way over its cap for 2018 and would have to shed players."

No idea what a ratchet clause is.
So many players on back-ended deals and players paying for players at other clubs. Just madness.
Tough times ahead for Bulldog supporters.
If this is correct they now have $350k to fill the remaining 4 spots after $150k to Crichtom

$87.5k each. But those spots can be filled for $70k. So they can scrape it in. Pretty big gamble on Crichton considering their position.

OldPanther

Coach
Official now
Phil Gould annouces Mansour re-signing
In front of a big crowd at Panthers Stadium, Phil Gould announces Josh Mansour has re-signed with the Panthers.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/05/18/phil-gould-annouces-mansour-re-signing/

I love how they did it. Some fireworks and everything.
Re the rumour of DWZ being told to look around, Gus advised Mansour the same. Bring your best offer back and see if the club can match it (or at least be competitive).

Gus seems to handle this stuff well.

martielang

Bench
I think we signed Phillips for 2 years up front?

As for DWZ, I heard the same rumour prior to the season starting.

Fangs

Coach
Re the rumour of DWZ being told to look around, Gus advised Mansour the same. Bring your best offer back and see if the club can match it (or at least be competitive).

True however this will be about more than money. It's potentially a gig at fullback with another club which is just about every wingers dream.

Not possible for Mansour unfortunately.

maple_69

Bench
Dude has some audition over the next 4 months also. If he continues to kill it at fullback he’ll be touch to keep.

franklin2323

Immortal
How much is he getting?

I won't say it starts the overpaid or under paid argument. WT need a FB and have cap space
his brother, Taylor and Ivan is there. Wouldn't he just go if he wanted to play FB? He might be happy doing the role he does now and the $$

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I won't say it starts the overpaid or under paid argument. WT need a FB and have cap space
his brother, Taylor and Ivan is there. Wouldn't he just go if he wanted to play FB? He might be happy doing the role he does now and the $$

They have Corey Thompson.

OldPanther

Coach

Unlike Tamou I think Dallin is worth the money. I rate him highly.

I think it's interesting that you somehow know what he's getting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts