What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

T-Boon

Coach
Two years ago I said I’d swap him for French and was laughed at.

My guess is he ends up in Brisbane, the Roosters or Melbourne. He will not be at Newcastle for longer than his current deal and I expect he will win a couple of premiership during his career.

Avenger

Immortal
My guess is he ends up in Brisbane, the Roosters or Melbourne. He will not be at Newcastle for longer than his current deal and I expect he will win a couple of premiership during his career.
He’s the best player I’ve seen since Hayne in his heyday.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But why do you mostly choose the opposite side of the argument, no matter what? You do it nearly all the time and then forget what you said previously and contradict yourself.
You seem to think that when I make a point I'm pushing an agenda. I'm just offering a counterpoint. Example Takairangi - he's wasted at centre, where he isn't involved enough and can't use his ball skills much. But he probably doesn't have the workrate to play 80 minutes in the forwards. Both those statements can be true without a contradiction.

Even if I have a preference it is based on less information than the coach has. So I'm well aware I could be wrong.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Two years ago I said I’d swap him for French and was laughed at.

Really? I reckon you wouId struggle to provide any evidence that you were laughed at!!

I say most wouId have been happy for us to sign Ponga, but we probably couldn’t afford it at the time!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I reckon he will be a long term knights player .....

Bazal

Post Whore
Really? I reckon you wouId struggle to provide any evidence that you were laughed at!!

I say most wouId have been happy for us to sign Ponga, but we probably couldn’t afford it at the time!

I'd love to see a link to a post where he even said that two years ago tbh...smells like a Mr 85% style ploy

T-Boon

Coach
I reckon he will be a long term knights player .....

He is going to want success and I don't think Brown is a coach that is going to deliver success. The Knights don't/cannot cheat enough. That is why I say he will need to go to Brisbane, Melbourne or the Roosters. The powerful clubs that get away with a lot.

T-Boon

Coach
I just don't like Corey anymore. I haven't been ringing the Corey hotline for a while now.

Maybe it is time we all just moved on.

T-Boon

Coach
Broncos for sure

Yes, that makes the most sense for him. He would make a lot of third party cash up there. He isn't going to make a lot of third party cash in Newcastle.
It would be great to see a second Brisbane team and see if Pong could be their first marquee player. I'd probably support a second Brisbane team at least as my second team after Parra.
I think Parra needs Pong and a great hooker.

Avenger

Immortal

I think that’s why I was laughed at. When have we ever signed a future superstar?

T-Boon

Coach
I thought we were supposed to grow them locally and develop them. Not buy them.

f**k this place confuses me.

We need to get out of that mindset as a club. Our juniors are terrible and they have been for a long time. That said it is always cool to see HM win premierships.