What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Norman played his best football when he was playing halfback. He doesn't have a good running game. If I was coaching him, I would have him in the number 7 jersey. I never thought much of Norman until I saw him play halfback. I always thought he was massively over rated until then.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
“The Parramatta football department have told at least one rival NRL club they would be willing to pay a portion of the final year remaining on Corey Norman's contract so that he can leave at the end of this season.

Norman is contracted to the Eels until 2019, but talk of coach Brad Arthur losing faith in the playmaker won't go away.

Norman was moved from the halves to fullback against Brisbane on Thursday night with one theory suggesting it is part of a bigger picture which involves Clint Gutherson and Mitchell Moses combining in the halves and Bevan French shifting to fullback.

That plan would leave Norman on the outer.

The rival club interested in Norman is in need of a game-breaker, but would only look at the Eels star if Parramatta forked out a large portion of his $900,000 contract. “

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...-gutherson-position/7u7n9mgv0h0b1ecxia8ayy8rb

Dibs

Bench
I’m talking about players like I mentioned in my post that you quoted. Basically the best players in their position during that time. Jason Smith was an amazing player, one of my all time favourites. Sublime skills and tough as nails. When Tahu left us for Union he was the best centre in the game and our initial best back since our golden generation.
Speaking of Jason Smith, in a under 13s match today his son had a Hatrick of tries today with 9 minutes to go in the first half. I was saying to the other parents sitting around me he will have 4 before half time. I was wrong he had 5. Not only that besides scoring 2 more tries in that 9 minutes he saved 1 try with a Nathan hindmarsh type effort he all but did it another time. The first one the opposition made a break up the middle of the field 50 out. Beat the fullback walked under the post then slowly went to put it down when young smithy who never gave up chasing dived and knocked his arm causing to drop it. Our team then marched down the field and Smithy scored his 4th try, what an individual 12 point turn around. Then right on half time they made another clean break and smithy again chased all the way ankle tapped the kid but he got to his feet and scored anyway. I had to go at halftime so I don’t know how he went in the 2nd half but that first half was one of the best individual performances I’ve seen in a half of any level of footy

Dibs

Bench
I think Norman played his best football when he was playing halfback. He doesn't have a good running game. If I was coaching him, I would have him in the number 7 jersey. I never thought much of Norman until I saw him play halfback. I always thought he was massively over rated until then.
I think his got a really good running game, his problem is more picking the right time

strider

Post Whore
Speaking of Jason Smith, in a under 13s match today his son had a Hatrick of tries today with 9 minutes to go in the first half. I was saying to the other parents sitting around me he will have 4 before half time. I was wrong he had 5. Not only that besides scoring 2 more tries in that 9 minutes he saved 1 try with a Nathan hindmarsh type effort he all but did it another time. The first one the opposition made a break up the middle of the field 50 out. Beat the fullback walked under the post then slowly went to put it down when young smithy who never gave up chasing dived and knocked his arm causing to drop it. Our team then marched down the field and Smithy scored his 4th try, what an individual 12 point turn around. Then right on half time they made another clean break and smithy again chased all the way ankle tapped the kid but he got to his feet and scored anyway. I had to go at halftime so I don’t know how he went in the 2nd half but that first half was one of the best individual performances I’ve seen in a half of any level of footy
So you're saying we should sign him up to replace Corey ... :thumbsup:

Latest posts