What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Rugby League Players - what are they remembered for...??

King hit

Coach
Jamie Ainscough, saying he was going to smash Smithy in the GF only to smash Craig in the head in the GF resulting in 8 point try and losing said GF.

Have you got a quote from Ainscough? Btw it was a penalty try not an 8 point try

2010Dragons

Bench
Lord Ted - chip and chase try in the 1977 grand final. Knocked himself out scoring the try.

Sowie - his little marching on the spot before a kick

Riddel- one arm salute before his kick

Steve Price - "they pulled down our pants"

Darius Boyd - yeah, nah interview..

Craig Young 70's Karate chop to a players head

Graeme langlands - WHITE boots in the 70's

Tallis - sitting out a season at the Dragons

Steve Linanne - Eye gouging Brandy

Craig Smith - lifting knees in almost every tackle

Jason Ryles - blamed for every infringement in every NRL game.

McGregor - I can't see around corners, trys from kicks don't count.

Exsilium

First Grade
Brad Tighe.

For asking me for beer money at the Pioneer hotel. It was 1:30am on game day. He and Luke Walsh were plastered and he came over to my table and asked for “a fiver to get a schooner”

I bought them both a schooner. Figured they’d pull out of the game cause they were too hung over and we’d have a chance to win a game without their shitness

The_Shield

Juniors
Mundine saying Melbourne aren’t the premiers before the ‘99 gf rematch in 2000, leading to the Storm destroying the Dragons 70-10 and Mundine quitting rugby league

simmo05

Bench
Brad Tighe.

For asking me for beer money at the Pioneer hotel. It was 1:30am on game day. He and Luke Walsh were plastered and he came over to my table and asked for “a fiver to get a schooner”

I bought them both a schooner. Figured they’d pull out of the game cause they were too hung over and we’d have a chance to win a game without their shitness
Well, what was the result? Dont leave us hanging!

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I think a few have missed the original post and the idea that it’s the not so glamorous reasons you remember a certain player

Yow Yeh - most wont immediately think of the rep jumpers and a great start as a rookie, just a bone sticking out of his ankle, poor guy

Ben hunt - speaks for itself really

Kris Kahler - honest toiler, never a superstar but when the nrl site did the best hits of the round back when he was at the titans I remember kris being a regular feature but always with a the ball in his hands. Just never seen someone not just get dominated regularly but absolutely pole axed

Phil leauluai (can never spell it) - getting hooked in the grand final for the roosters

Sean long - the Chinese laundromat combo of long and Lang will forever sit in sharks folklore but for poor old Sean I think of him knocking himself out off the kickoff in the city v country and having the shortest rep career of all time

Ben Ross - pre neck and knee problems was an awesome prop and a powerhouse for the panthers but I’ve watched the YouTube clip of him getting obliterated by josh perry so many times it is the first thing that comes to mind

Trent Barrett- getting snapped in half by Matt rua

Brad Meyers- my old school/team mate Greg Eastwood once told a story when he was a teenage rookie at Brisbane that brad needs special underwear as he is “a freak of nature”

Darren Lockyer - worst international debut ever

gunpk

Juniors
Joel Monaghan- Letting the dog lick him

Mitchell Pearce- Trying to do the dog

Todd Carney- Pissing into his mouth

Jamie Goddard- Putting Joey Johns on his ass

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Mundine saying Melbourne aren’t the premiers before the ‘99 gf rematch in 2000, leading to the Storm destroying the Dragons 70-10 and Mundine quitting rugby league
I loved that match.

Mundane let in four tries in what was the worst individual defensive effort in the history of Rugby League.