What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Kent shits all over the Denver test then gives the AFL a gobby for good measure

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...ting-kenty-on-rugby-leagues-move-into-america

Triple M and Fox League's Paul Kent has urged the NRL and Rugby League International Federation to stop the sugarcoating surrounding the Denver Test experiment.

Almost 20,000 people turned out at the Mile-High Stadium in Denver, Colorado as England were too good for a new looking Kiwi side, winning 36-18.

However, Kenty believes we shouldn't be falling for all the hype surrounding the move.

This f**kwit is seriously insufferable. Has he ever had a positive thing to say about the game ever? As for the AFL gobby, towards the end of the discussion he brings up how Kieren Jack is the captain of the Swans, whose father played League for Australia. Explain to me what that or League in Melbourne have to do with the Denver Test and then we'll both know.

The Great Dane

First Grade
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...ting-kenty-on-rugby-leagues-move-into-america

This f**kwit is seriously insufferable. Has he ever had a positive thing to say about the game ever? As for the AFL gobby, towards the end of the discussion he brings up how Kieren Jack is the captain of the Swans, whose father played League for Australia. Explain to me what that or League in Melbourne have to do with the Denver Test and then we'll both know.

He was pointing out how hard it is to actually develop juniors from the bare bones of a new market, which is what America effectively is in RL terms, and to say that he gave the AFL a shining endorsement is just BS, and huge misrepresentation of the conversation and what he said.

He didn't even bring the AFL up, Tallis did to make the argument that the AFL has just as much trouble developing players in QLD as the NRL does in Vic at which point Kent offhandedly said that he didn't know anything about AFL player development in Queensland but Kieren Jack is the son of an ex-Kangaroo and from NSW so they must at least be doing something right in NSW.

Look I'm no fan of Kents, and I don't agree with his argument about juniors, juniors shouldn't even come into the discussion when it comes to reasons why RL should try to crack the American market, but you aren't representing the discussion or his arguments fairly at all...

applesauce

Bench
He was pointing out how hard it is to actually develop juniors from the bare bones of a new market, which is what America effectively is in RL terms, and to say that he gave the AFL a shining endorsement is just BS, and huge misrepresentation of the conversation and what he said.

He didn't even bring the AFL up, Tallis did to make the argument that the AFL has just as much trouble developing players in QLD as the NRL does in Vic at which point Kent offhandedly said that he didn't know anything about AFL player development in Queensland but Kieren Jack is the son of an ex-Kangaroo and from NSW so they must at least be doing something right in NSW.

Look I'm no fan of Kents, and I don't agree with his argument about juniors, juniors shouldn't even come into the discussion when it comes to reasons why RL should try to crack the American market, but you aren't representing the discussion or his arguments fairly at all...

Amercia is a bit of a different beast. The athletic potential that is tossed to the side post-college is enough to warrant increasing awareness as these athletes have been developed 90% of the way. Once they see the NRL as a viable option a year or two to get that extra 10% is a small investment to make.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kent openly admits on NRL 360 that he hates rep round and that he is only slightly starting to come around due to Tonga's world cup showing.

F#@k him off and get someone like Vossy on the show who will show genuine passion for the game that gives him a living.

And to think this wnkr is invited to sit on the short list panel for the immortals, why are we pandering to him?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Amercia is a bit of a different beast. The athletic potential that is tossed to the side post-college is enough to warrant increasing awareness as these athletes have been developed 90% of the way. Once they see the NRL as a viable option a year or two to get that extra 10% is a small investment to make.

I agree with everything you've said, as I said in the post you are quoting I don't agree with what he said about juniors in his little rant, but what he said about juniors doesn't negate the other things that he said or negate the fact that he wasn't blowing smoke up the AFLs' arse either.

Starkers

Bench
f**k that was hard to listen to. kent's main point is valid in that there should be a plan in place. but the endgame plan is there - 2025 world cup in USA.

the NRL has stated a desire to take club games to the USA next season and there appears to be moves afoot to get more internationals played there.

it probably needs more planning but 20k is a great start in my opinion and kent is just an angry merkin who would rather piss on everything than actually be constructive.

being tortured by ISIS is too good a fate for him.

Springs09

Juniors
Kent openly admits on NRL 360 that he hates rep round and that he is only slightly starting to come around due to Tonga's world cup showing.

F#@k him off and get someone like Vossy on the show who will show genuine passion for the game that gives him a living.

Kent prefers the rubbish soap opera drama surrounding the game to the game itself. He goes on and on about how we can't have a transfer window because having it free-for-all all the time adds to the theatre and all that shit.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
And the
Kent prefers the rubbish soap opera drama surrounding the game to the game itself. He goes on and on about how we can't have a transfer window because having it free-for-all all the time adds to the theatre and all that shit.

And the continued negative image of the game as those people we want to attract the casual sports fan just look at our sport and say, what a mess.

Kent is a cancer on the game.